[RMMV] BEST WAY TO IMPLEMENT GUN MECHANICS?

Pages: 1
I started to make a new game about a week ago and I'm not sure how to go about making gun combat. My game will be like Fallout and Chrono Trigger. Do people find the default RM maker combat but with guns or like top-down kind of combat?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Chrono Trigger? It's been a while, but, I think the only real difference between guns and the other weapons is that Lucca doesn't move towards her target, then return to her previous position like the other characters do?

Anyway, the way I've sometimes implemented guns is for MP to represent the weapon's ammunition, and for the Guard command to reload. There was one implementation where I used TP, but, MP is certainly easier to manipulate through the DB. The trick might be to point the gun to a different skill when using the standard "Attack" action. Which there might be a plug-in for, but, I'm not as familiar with MV than other engines.

For my own part, I've disabled "Attack" from the actor's initial command list in battles, but, attach a separate "Attack" skill to each weapon. The skill has a category of "Action", which can also include stuff like "Burst" or "Lock On", or other skills that could relate to the gun. This game, made with Ace, is basically the kind of thing I'm talking about.
author=Marrend
Chrono Trigger? It's been a while, but, I think the only real difference between guns and the other weapons is that Lucca doesn't move towards her target, then return to her previous position like the other characters do?

Sir, you remeber right.. Lucca was so slow... :/ ...
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I would make an NPC and have them say "Hello, I'm the Gun Mechanic!" and have them fix guns.
Pages: 1