[RM2K3] DYNRPG INSTALLATION / FIRST COMPILATION ERROR

Pages: 1
Hi !
I try to install CodeBlock to create plugin with DynRPG, so i followed thid tutorial :
http://www.rewking.com/dynrpg/getting_started.html

But at the point 28, when I try to compilate I got this issue :
D:\rpg2003\dynrpg\game\DynPlugins\test\main.cpp|1|fatal error: DynRPG/DynRPG.h: No such file or directory|

However I've copy/past DynRPG sdk into the MinGW folder :/
Are you sure you copied it into the right place? Merging the "sdk" folder with the existing MinGW folder? You'll need to have for example MinGW\include\DynRPG\DynRPG.h and not MinGW\sdk\include\DynRPG\DynRPG.h or something like that.
Well, apparently something isn't right there though, otherwise you wouldn't have the error :|

Can you please show the full path to DynRPG.h? (and for comparison, also the full path to windows.h, which should be in include folder)
D:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\include\DynRPG\DynRPG.h
I tryied :
D:\Downloads\codeblocks-20.03mingw-nosetup\MinGW\include\DynRPG\DynRPG.h

Same for Window.h

( And I change compiler folder into Settings->Compiler->Toolchain executables )
Is it possible that the problem is the version of the program(CodeBlocks)?
I remember reading somewhere that a specific version was needed.
Thank you Kaine, it was that :).

It seems CodeBlocks 20.03 and DynRPG don't work together.

EDIT :
I triyed with 17.12 version, it work with the original DynRPG but not with the Rewking :/

It seems it work with 16.01
That is super weird, you could use Process Monitor and filter for paths containing "DynRPG.h" to see at what path the compiler actually looks for it... would be interesting to know.
D:\Downloads\codeblocks-20.03mingw-nosetup\MinGW\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\8.1.0\include\c++\DynRPG\DynRPG.h PATH NOT FOUND Desired Access: Generic Read, Disposition: Open, Options: Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Attributes: N, ShareMode: Read, Write, AllocationSize: n/a

D:\Downloads\codeblocks-20.03mingw-nosetup\MinGW\x86_64-w64-mingw32\include\DynRPG\DynRPG.h PATH NOT FOUND Desired Access: Generic Read, Disposition: Open, Options: Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Attributes: N, ShareMode: Read, Write, AllocationSize: n/a

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e14v5adiejzsz0c/Logfile.PML/file
Ah, so maybe it's just that the default MinGW include path is configured to a portable version that is included inside the CodeBlock folder itself, because you used the "nosetup" version. So if you would put things into ...
D:\Downloads\codeblocks-20.03mingw-nosetup\MinGW\x86_64-w64-mingw32
... then it would find them. Or probably you can put the DynRPG files into a separate folder altogether and configure the include and library paths in the settings to look for them in the right place.

But additionally I notice it says "x86_64-w64-mingw32" which, if I'm not mistaken, indicates a 64-bit version of MinGW, which won't help you much since the RPG Maker is 32-bit. Make sure you are using a 32-bit version. I think it should be "i686-w64-mingw32". (But I'm not up to speed on modern C++ compiler stuff so take that with a grain of salt.)
I tried to put the files in this folder, but it didn't work, gcc found DynRPG.h but sent me other errors.
Same for the non portable version, I tried with the installer, it hadn't changed anything.
And still the same for the portable 32bits version, it also returned me errors ^^'.

In the end I took the portable version 16.01, and I have no problem !
OK, I guess the GCC version is just not compatible then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: 1