SHERIFF MAFIA (GAME OVER)

This is a semi-closed setup for Sheriff Mafia.

In Sheriff, one player is confirmed town (the eponymous Sheriff). They are immediately confirmed as town, they usually have some level of bulletproof, and their lynch vote will break ties if end-of-day occurs with a tied lynch vote.

Be aware, in Sheriff games the scum usually have fairly powerful abilities.

We need at least 9 people to play. The game can probably accommodate around 13 at most.

I used to play this variant a lot, but apparently it's new to RMN. So here we go!

There's a new sheriff in town!yes I'm going to say that a lot and I encourage you to as well.

What is Mafia?
In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.
At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.
The game has two phases, the first of which is Day. During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it becomes Night.
During the Night, no one can talk publicly. The Mafia, however, can speak to each other privately to plot strategy and decide who to murder before the next Day begins. In this way, they can silence members of the Town who are threats to them. At the end of the Night, the murder is carried out and another Day begins. In effect, the Town gets to kill someone, and then the Mafia gets to kill someone.
The game alternates between Day and Night until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else (or nothing can prevent the same).

Basic Rules (mostly stolen from Jeroen's old games)

1. VOTING: Voting should look like this:
#Lynch AlaskanEmily or #NoLynch
And if you wish to change your vote, first cancel your first vote like this:
#Cancel
It needs to be bold and with a # in front of it, to make it easier for me to make vote counts.

2. PARTICIPATE: It's not too fun when half of the players are always missing in action and only have a few posts. Try to post a few times during each day phase and contribute to the discussion in some way. This is also very important for the town's survival. If you don't participate, you are at high risk of being modkilled or replaced.

3. DON'T CHEAT: Although it'd be difficult for me to find out, just don't do it anyway. You'd be ruining the fun of the game. And if I DO find out...

4. IF YOU ARE DEAD, STAY DEAD: This game does not involve zombies. If you die, then don't post anymore. This of course doesn't apply if your role specifically allows you to speak while dead.

5. EDIT RULE: NEVER EVER EDIT POSTS. If you think your post has awful grammar, just make a new one to correct it.

6. DO NOT QUOTE PMs: Never quote from a PM I send you. Creating false PMs is also forbidden. You may paraphrase information from PMs, but never literally quote them.

7. DO NOT COMMUNICATE OFF-THREAD:
Don't talk about the game outside the thread, especially to the other players (not counting private game chats, such as scumchat or a masonry of course). I know this would also hard for to find out about, but please don't.

Specific Sheriff Mafia Rules

One player is the Sheriff. Their role and alignment are revealed immediately at the start of the game.

Mafia's goal is to reach parity with town players, not counting the sheriff.

Town's goal is to eliminate all threats to town.

The Sheriff is town-aligned, but is NOT counted when determining a mafia victory. For example, the mafia will win if there are two town players, two mafia players, and the sheriff.

Majority Hammer: If a majority of players vote to lynch a player, the day will immediately end.

If hammer is not reached, the player with the majority of votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the Sheriff's vote counts as a tie-breaker. If the sheriff's vote is not on one of the tied players, then there is no lynch that day.

Killing the Sheriff is NOT an instant win for the Mafia.

It is possible that not all players in the same faction will have the exact same win condition.

Players
oddRabbit: Mafia-aligned Undertaker. Lynched D1 in a duel with CAVE.
CAVE: Town-aligned Renegade. Survived to the end.
Cap_H: Town-aligned Peacemaker. Survived to the end.
Fomar: Town-aligned Wandering Gun. Died N1.
OzzyTheOne: Town-aligned Cowboy. Survived to the end.
AtiyaTheSeeker: Town-aligned Gun For Hire. Died N2.
psy_wombats: Town-aligned Frontier Doctor. Survived to the end.
Gourd_Clae: Town-aligned Sheriff. Survived to the end.
Demonlord5000 (formerly Jeroen_Sol): Mafia-aligned Trapper. Lynched D3.
Liberty i guess Town-aligned Cowboy, Lynched D2.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Yeah, sure.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Okidokie, it's been a while, let's all be nice to each-other and no lynch day 1!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Count me in.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Semi-closed? How so? If you still need folks, I'll give this a shot.
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Semi-closed? How so? If you still need folks, I'll give this a shot.

Semi-closed as in not all of the possible player roles are known to the players at the start. You won't know all the possible abilities other players might have.
AtiyaTheSeeker
Ah, understood. In that case, I'mma saddle up and join this one too. Yeehaw!
I wanna play!

author=Fomar0153
and no lynch day 1!

But I do not... want to do this!!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'm still as busy as before. But also I want to play. Let's do this.
OK, that's 9. I'll leave the signups open for a bit still. I'm planning on starting the game around November 20th.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ugh, I might be too busy to play properly, but keep me in for now.
OK, the game will start November 20th (according to UTC, so in about 45-ish hours from right now).

I hope everyone has been brushing up on their gunslinging skills.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
This town is not big enough for all of us, time to shoot y'all!
AtiyaTheSeeker
Never forget the 20-foot rule, OzzyTheKid. If'n yer scum this game, I've got a Bowie with yer name on it, and a plot in the ol' bone orchard to boot. Now git! ...till the 20th. :3
i has question what kill of world are we living in?
The game begins now!

Day 1 ends in 72 hours.

Role PMs are out. And as promised, there's a new sheriff in these parts! And it's Gourd_Clae!

Gourd_Clae is a town-aligned sheriff.

Gourd_Clae has single-use bulletproof, which will protect them from a nightkill, any ability which kills, or a lynch.
In the case of a tied lynch vote, Gourd_Clae's vote will act as a tiebreaker.
Gourd_Clae does not count as town for the purpose of player counts in win-conditions.