SHERIFF MAFIA (GAME OVER)

Night 1 has ended.

author=Narrator
As dawn crept over the dusty plains, the town gathered to begin the day. They knew there were outlaws about who would like nothing more than to turn the town into a hive of scum and villainy.
A figure rode into town early, hitched his horse and entered the saloon.
"You got any rooms to rent?" the mysterious stranger asked.
"Well we got one, a letter preceded 'em but they never showed up. Some feller by the name of Jeroen. They didn't pay ahead neither, so no sense in holdin' it," the owner answered. The stranger smiled from under his hat, and nodded.

Jeroen_Sol has been replaced with demonlord5000 due to inactivity.

author=Narrator
As one of the cowboys got ready to ride out, he saw the body. It was Fomar, face down in the watering trough, a great mess made in the dirt around him from a struggle. The body was cold, killed in the harsh desert night.

Fomar has been killed! Fomar was a town-aligned Wandering Gun.

author=Role
You are a town-aligned Wandering Gun.

Your alignment will not be revealed on death.

You win when all outlaws are brought to justice.

Day 2 begins now, and will end in 72 hours.
With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to hammer.
I'm inclined to trust Cave after how hard he pushed for the odd lynch yesterday.

Wait... if fomar's alignment won't be revealed on death, does that mean he's not really town?
Hey guys! It's truly unfortunate with what happened to jeroen. I was traveling with him to town, and then he took a tumble down the old dusty trail, only to then get dragged into a ditch by his own horse.

On a serious note, this is interesting. Fomar died and had his alignment reveal. Did his alignment reveal on death get blocked?

I also see no reason to go for cave after he killed scum n1. Looks like ozzy, cap, altiya, and psy were the one's to go after caved. Ozzy and cap shifted, whereas altiya and psy stayed on cave.

Not feeling any way or the other about altiya's post. I do feel like psy had rather poor reasoning yesterday.

I was also reading the rules and I think this one generates more discussion. Particularly the: It is possible that not all players in the same faction will have the exact same win condition.

That being said, I think leaving the sheriff be is fine because we were explicitly told that the sheriff is town aligned. This does make me think there is more than just the town and scum factions though.

AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
...how in the hell did Cave know?

Well damn. Unless Cave is also come kind of seer, that shot in the dark worked perfectly. I couldn't have deduced that Odd was guilty. Then again, I have my guilt to blame for holding back.

Seems we lost our barkeep. It's another game where having Fomar fessing up about his role got him killed too. This town ain't big enough for all of us... but I'd reckon we need to root out just one other crook and bring 'em to justice.

So Emily, I too am confused. There is the message about Fomar being town, blue text and all. But it also says his role is hidden? I assume he's considered town because he wins if all the baddies are beaten?

...also, I dig the bit of narrative for each kill. Good on you. :3
Well, one way he could've known Odd was scum is that he was Odd's scumpartner. Cavedog has pulled the "scum who duels their partner d1" play literally on this site before -- I'd almost be more trusting of him if he'd hit town.

I have no idea what's up with Fomar's alignment showing, but I'm not really concerned about it -- it doesn't really seem relevant if he got nightkilled.

If the remaining outlaw isn't Cave, some thoughts on the duel voting: I think it would've been clear from the outset that Odd was going to lose the duel after probably like, Liberty's #3 vote. Oddrabbit never even bothered to vote Cave. So I don't think scum was ever interested in actually getting Odd the tie/victory. After my voteswap, I think if Ozzy shut up and Odd showed up, it was still possible to turn that around, so Ozzy at least looks townish there. Cap's non-vote I think is the most suspicious thing in there because it looks like testing the waters, and if he thinks killing Cave is a mistake, the only alternative is killing Odd. Liberty's position on the Odd vote might be suspicious as well if she was trying to get in early on the train but that strikes me as less likely.

Atiya I think is pretty firmly town. Doubt they would put down the first vote for Cave after 3 votes for Odd, and scum-Atiya wouldn't be concerned about a tie.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I'm going to wait for Cave to post before I join the day 2 discussion.

Yeehaw
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
I have pondered a bait-and-switch myself, where Cave engaged the duel as scum to throw us off his trail. I recall Emily let herself get lynched in Muffle's Werewolf game. Psy, I'm at least glad my theory isn't that tinfoil hat.

But agreed with Ozzy, let's wait for Cave to respond.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
#lynch liberty see everyone after the game
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i believe most scum would see the writing on the wall and get in on that execution early for cred. they'd also be unlikely to hem haw about it for the same reason. i don't see anyone here advocating for me to die yesterday in an attempt to wifom. in addition:

author=Liberty
#lynch oddRabbitMy reason? I don't have a power. I'm vanilla town. Assuming everyone has a power is wronk.

this doesn't make a lot of sense as a reason to vote someone because making an incorrect assumption about setup spec isn't scummy.

2nd pick is ozzy

author=OzzyTheOne
I'm also not liking Cave going gun-ho against Odd, I mean, was there any good reason for him to use this power on day 1 at all? Wouldn't there have been a better situation? If we do end up lynching Odd, and Odd turns out to be scum, my money is on Cave being scum with him and throwing his buddy under the bus to buy our trust.

#lynch CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

Having said that, we do need to make sure to stay away from ties, so if a tie seems imminent, I will switch over to Odd.

just because of this well if odd is scum then cave did it post. not sure if he still believes this because he's been waiting for me to post (?) also switched to odd when it seemed clear odd was going to have the majority of votes (to me, at least.)

distant 3rd comedy mystery option is demonlord

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
2nd pick is ozzy

author=OzzyTheOne
I'm also not liking Cave going gun-ho against Odd, I mean, was there any good reason for him to use this power on day 1 at all? Wouldn't there have been a better situation? If we do end up lynching Odd, and Odd turns out to be scum, my money is on Cave being scum with him and throwing his buddy under the bus to buy our trust.

#lynch CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

Having said that, we do need to make sure to stay away from ties, so if a tie seems imminent, I will switch over to Odd.

just because of this well if odd is scum then cave did it post. not sure if he still believes this because he's been waiting for me to post (?) also switched to odd when it seemed clear odd was going to have the majority of votes (to me, at least.)

distant 3rd comedy mystery option is demonlord

If you read very carefully, you can see right there in that post you quoted that I said I would switch over to Odd if a tie seemed imminent, which it did because the votes were tied some 30 minutes away from end of day. I still think you have something bad up your sleeve, but I will humor other options, mainly psy, which I will elaborate on after I go to bed. Good night!

Yeehaw
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Also not gonna lie, I didn't have much faith in my vote for you CAVE, because not everyone here shares the same level of paranoia I do and I figured they would probably go for Odd rather than you.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i read it. it's pretty meaningless because scum wouldn't try to force a tie there and would pre-empt the vote-switching anyway. it's not a particularly big point though.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Liberty, you will be allowed to live if you win a card game against Ozzy.
Voting liberty is funny but I honestly think Ozzy and psy are 5x more suspicious. Ozzy for the reasons cave said, but psy, because psy is already trying to play the 'maybe cave, threw his scum partner under the bus' card that ozzy did preemptively.

Besides, psy was against odd getting lynched before the dueling business as well. He switched pretty quickly to odd, but at that point, I want to say it was kind of obvious that it was in best interest of scum to do so.
I miss fomi I was going to make him my deputy D:
Actually, nvm, psy didn't switch from cave to odd that's even worse. It makes me wonder if scum would draw such obvious attention to themself, but I guess keeping your takes consistent is more important at blending in. psy would probably know that
I was lowkey suspicious of atiya but after the way things fell yesterday I'm feeling better about her
author=demonlord5000
That being said, I think leaving the sheriff be is fine because we were explicitly told that the sheriff is town aligned. This does make me think there is more than just the town and scum factions though.

thank you for not advocating killing me, yes lmao
@cave: you don't think Cap would do that waffling? It's possible he just showed up later than he would've liked to get a good spot on the Odd train.

re: Ozzy: It didn't seem clear to me that Odd votes would outnumber Cave votes before Ozzy swapped, what with Cap abstaining and my vote switching away from Odd. Ozzy also did call that he would switch in case of ties. I really do think if Ozzy had shut up and Odd had voted, things could've looked different.

That said, Liberty case is solid and is basically along what I was thinking, I am pretty okay with that call.
author=Gourd_Clae
Voting liberty is funny but I honestly think Ozzy and psy are 5x more suspicious. Ozzy for the reasons cave said, but psy, because psy is already trying to play the 'maybe cave, threw his scum partner under the bus' card that ozzy did preemptively.

He has done that exact thing before. Last time it was piano, and piano was piiiiissed. And like if you had had a 1-shot duelist power, would you really use it on Odd, on D1, after one post?

author=Gourd_Clae
Besides, psy was against odd getting lynched before the dueling business as well. He switched pretty quickly to odd, but at that point, I want to say it was kind of obvious that it was in best interest of scum to do so.

I switched from Odd->Cave after Cave indirectly claimed to be multishot and Odd claimed a plausible PR. For some reason my initial Odd vote wasn't counted in the tally at the point, but, it was the first vote, and I was 100% honest about my reasoning behind it (that if cave was right, I would look like an idiot if I wound up on the wrong side of it. and lo and behold I look like an idiot)

@cave: I'd be interested in your role name.