SHERIFF MAFIA (GAME OVER)

@psy I probably would not think to use the power on but I don't think it was bad. He is not always the most helpful player in the world. Testing ppl's reactions to the chaos is actually a good play.

idk what you want me to conclude here -- so what if he's done the whole getting his scum partner before? I already know cave is chaotic. As of now, I have no reason to believe he's evil. But, using his history as a reason to put suspicion on him would be very convenient for you if you were scum so I do have reason to suspect you.

I'm pretty sure he was lying about being multishot and just said it to see if you would get antsy about being targeted - which it looks like you did
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ok, Gourd and Cave are locked towns for me. For their posts and the way they solve in them.
Also, let me hammer today. If we're wrong I get a power.

I kind of like Cave's proposal to kill Liberty. To me it feels that town Liberty would have more to add here:

author=Liberty
I'm inclined to trust Cave after how hard he pushed for the odd lynch yesterday.

Wait... if fomar's alignment won't be revealed on death, does that mean he's not really town?

Sure, pushing for Cave today would be suicidal and I can see town doing it, but mafia's usually more careful about these things. So, an easy take to make.
The second part potentially starts a wifomy discussion and it doesn't help us to solve other players. Also, with this number of players, any balanced game would be over.
author=psy_wombats
That said, Liberty case is solid and is basically along what I was thinking, I am pretty okay with that call.

Of course you are. You're scum.

#vote psy_wombats

Case closed. Back to the ranch, l'il dogie~
I asked because I was confused, you know? That thing you do when you want more information about something? That thing that helps wiggle out details of some kind like, say, what someone else said about there being a possible block on his power done last night (thus allowing his alignment to be shown).

Yeah. That.
Also, it's been so long since I last played a mafia game that I keep forgetting I'm supposed to show up and play a mafia game. XD

That said, I've been alluding to the name of my role pretty blatantly. Bog standard boy of the cow, I'm afraid. Lynching me will net you nada, hombres.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
what's your cool argument for psy being scum. please do not steal any of my old arguments. Yes I see everyone else cribbing all my shit. Yes they will be written up after the game and their points docked by "the shadowlord."
Also please pick one of these symbols. % # (

author=psy_wombats
@cave: I'd be interested in your role name.

unfortunately I'm extremely committed to the fake role name of Duelist now.

cool argument? don't have much of one. he just seems sus based on how he's jumping around and giving off scum vibes to me. that's it.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
So, in regards to my case on psy which I alluded to before going to bed. You have this here:

author=psy_wombats
#lynch Jeroenif he's too busy to participate

The only one I don't want to kill is Oddrabbit, because if he's scum, cave will gloat about it

Going for the inactive player day 1 is not something I like to see, specially because lo and behold, Jeroen was replaced by Demonlord.

author=psy_wombats
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Crap, we're tied right now. Anyone? Ozzy...? ._.
I was going to reply to this that I'd be around until EOD and willing to unmake ties, but after rereading, ties kill both duelists. I'm not sure what to think about this for the moment, but it's worth pointing out.

This still irks me the wrong way. I'm pretty sure that at this point of the day everyone already knew that a tie kills both players in the duel. He's speaking but not saying anything, which is scummy in my opinion.

#lycnh psy_wombats

If it isn't psy, can we please go and hang CAVE from the gallows on day 3? Ok thank you.

P.S.: I'm not assuming CAVE is scum due to a previous game, I actually had forgotten about that other game, I'm assuming CAVE is scum because Odd is the perfect scum partner to throw under the bus because of the way he posts and plays.

P.S.S: Yeehaw
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=psy_wombats
@cave: I'd be interested in your role name.
unfortunately I'm extremely committed to the fake role name of Duelist now

I don't really like this evasiveness, mainly because of of the junk Odd was doing in 2 out of his 3 posts this game -- speculating on Cave's role name and ability for some reason, after the power had already been used:
https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25509/?post=915160#post915160
https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25509/?post=915173#post915173
I really have no idea what would lead him to do this regardless of alignment, but that the name of the role is something cave would prefer to keep concealed makes me think Odd's speculation is relevant. (also not thrilled that he doesn't care about the vote outcome, but w/e)

@Gourd: the point isn't "cave dueled scum, therefore he's evil," the point is "scum cave is known to behave like this, don't cross him off your scum list." Because everyone seems really fast to clear him immediately for a play he'd totally make as scum. And because Odd just had that one, two-sentence post, I'd kind of be more inclined the think the duel was because of prior knowledge vs deduction or even just chance.

also I'm laughing at Cap FOS'ing Liberty for having an "easy take" in the same post that he lists Gourd as a townread
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Liberty
cool argument? don't have much of one. he just seems sus based on how he's jumping around and giving off scum vibes to me. that's it.

How is he jumping around?

author=OzzyTheOne
If it isn't psy, can we please go and hang CAVE from the gallows on day 3? Ok thank you.

I'm assuming CAVE is scum because Odd is the perfect scum partner to throw under the bus because of the way he posts and plays.

P.S.S: Yeehaw

"was 100% responsible for killing scum" is a compelling case for an execution on a day that hasn't happened yet. I may move my vote.

I really have no idea what would lead him to do this regardless of alignment, but that the name of the role is something cave would prefer to keep concealed makes me think Odd's speculation is relevant.

You're going to have to explain your thought process here more. If I was on a scumteam with Odd and wanted to keep my role secret, I'm not sure what the point of having him speculate about it in public would be. I'm more interested in why you're asking in the first place. Unless you have a list of all named roles in the game, this information shouldn't be of interest to you.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I'm more interested in why you're asking in the first place.

to clarify, I've been in games where matching a role with a player allowed scum/3p(usually 3p) to juggernaut/ninja kill the matched players, so this is not something I'm ever going to be inclined to answer without a compelling reason given.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
ozzy please pick one of these symbols $ # (
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=psy_wombats
(also not thrilled that he doesn't care about the vote outcome, but w/e)

wait what is this even in reference to. listed my top two choices so I'm starting to think you're not acting in good faith here.
author=Liberty
That said, I've been alluding to the name of my role pretty blatantly. Bog standard boy of the cow, I'm afraid.

@Liberty: why do you mention this? (and how/why have you been alluding to it?) and @Ozzy does this look at all strange to you?

also @Ozzy: I brought up the tie thing there because that's the first time I realized it, and I thought with everyone panicking to avoid a tie, everyone else had misunderstood as well. Because both Cave and Odd dying there would've been absolutely fine, in my opinion.

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I really have no idea what would lead him to do this regardless of alignment, but that the name of the role is something cave would prefer to keep concealed makes me think Odd's speculation is relevant.
You're going to have to explain your thought process here more. If I was on a scumteam with Odd and wanted to keep my role secret, I'm not sure what the point of having him speculate about it in public would be. I'm more interested in why you're asking in the first place. Unless you have a list of all named roles in the game, this information shouldn't be of interest to you.

I don't think Odd speculating on your role was part of any sort of plan, just some sort of defense mechanism of Odd's where he regurgitated all the info he had. I could see your refusal to give the real role name and imply that it's multishot as a deliberate attempt to obfuscate that Odd had the "1-shot duelist/gunslinger" info because he was your scumpartner, vs it being speculation.

I mean, if you had asked me what your role name/ability was at that point in the game I probably would've provided the same answer, but I just don't understand why Odd thought that guessing your role name there was something productive to do. The only reason I can think of for scum-Odd to do this is try and appear insightful to town by presenting info he was sure of as something he was guessing (even if that info was useless). So if you had provided some other name than gunslinger/duelist, I'd have had to throw away this line of reasoning.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=psy_wombats
(also not thrilled that he doesn't care about the vote outcome, but w/e)
wait what is this even in reference to. listed my top two choices so I'm starting to think you're not acting in good faith here.

Sorry, I mean /Odd/ appeared not to care about the vote outcome:

author=oddRABBIT
Apparently it's a thing.

If I die, it's whatever, but let me explain my role real quick. It's pretty simple, actually, albeit kinda really reliant on chance.

I can choose someone each night, and if they end up dying that night, then I get their ability for the next phase (if I'm reading it right). However, if I actually get the person who dies right, then I can't use the copy ability again.

The main thing I want to note is that the ability states that if the ability I copy is passive, then it will be in effect from the beginning of the next day, until the end of the next night.

I think what this implies is that nearly everyone has a power of some kind, dunno if I missed that in the rules text, or if I'm completely wrong. But yeah. Information.

That's all I had to say. I'm guessing CAVE's ability is a one-use power that lets him select a player to force votes between him and whoever he targeted... if that isn't obvious.

As for who you all want to vote for, it's whatever.

I'd be more weirded out if Odd didn't have a tendency to do that regardless of scum/town/situation. I'm not thinking it's that important.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
ozzy please pick one of these symbols $ # (

$

yeehaw
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=psy_wombats
also I'm laughing at Cap FOS'ing Liberty for having an "easy take" in the same post that he lists Gourd as a townread

I hoped no one would notice this.

I should reread the game before settling on Liberty or on someone else. It's an easy take, but Gourd makes it easy to tr him. Cave should be doubted, but it was also easy to catch what he scumread odd for, so he's a lock town for me for that.
Other than that, the rest is still under consideration. I think Liberty stands out, but it could be just her returning to mafia after a break. Psy feels little too focused on meta rn and I don't remember a whole lot from the rest.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=oddRABBIT
ohgodozzy'sroleplaying

Uh, yes, hi. I'm here. Not much has happened.

probably not a w/w interaction. Also, Ozzy while roleplaying showed a genuine interest in solving the game on page 2.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Liberty
If orgot all about this. Time to catch up on the great amount of nothing that's probably happened so far.

author=Liberty
Also, it's been so long since I last played a mafia game that I keep forgetting I'm supposed to show up and play a mafia game. XD

That said, I've been alluding to the name of my role pretty blatantly. Bog standard boy of the cow, I'm afraid. Lynching me will net you nada, hombres.

Excuses don't make Liberty look good.