SHERIFF MAFIA (GAME OVER)

I voted odd. Early enough to be before hammer, even. Jesus, does no one pay attention?

And now I'm voting psy because he's scum.
author=AlaskanEmily
Time is up! Day 1 has ended.

author=Narrator
CAVE turned to face OddRabbit, and said "This town ain't big enough for the two of us!"
"Then I reckon we better settle this," Odd said, readying his gunbelt.

As they stared each other down, hands hovering over their guns, a single tumbleweed blew across the dusty street. The rest of the town stood looking on in anticipation. CAVE shot one look back, and then both CAVE and Odd drew up and fired at the same time.

They both stood frozen for a second, but after a moment Odd fell to the ground. CAVE holstered his gun and turned to walk away.

The onlookers suddenly realized they were going to have to deal with the dead Odd, for they no longer had a town undertaker...

OddRabbit has been lynched! He was mafia-aligned Undertaker.

author=Role
When choosing a night-kill target, you can activate this ability. If the player dies from the night-kill, you will be able to use that player's ability in the following day or night. If they had a passive ability, it will be in effect from the start of the following day to the end of the following night.
Once this ability has been successfully used, it cannot be used again. You cannot us this ability on the Sheriff.

You win when the total number of outlaws is equal to or greater than the remaining town, not including the Sheriff.

Final Votecount:

PsyWombats: 0 (Ozzy)
Jeroen_Sol: 0 (Psy)

OddRabbit: 5 (CAVE, CAVE, Fomar, Liberty, Ozzy, Gourd)
CAVE: 2 (Ozzy, Cap, Atiya, Psy)

Night 1 begins now! Day 2 will begin in 48 hours. Get any night actions in before then.
Didn't jump around like psy and ozzy. Didn't ignore the vote like certain others. Just voted and left it as was, which I would NOT do if I was Odd's fellow scum (I'd have jumped on the Cave train that was going on, btw)
author=Liberty
I voted odd. Early enough to be before hammer, even. Jesus, does no one pay attention?

And now I'm voting psy because he's scum.

I mean that you didn't try to vote for Jeroen when you expressed that you'd rather see him dead than odd. That seemed less bad to me than the people who actively voted for him. I wasn't trying to reference the duelist situation - I know who you voted for by the end of the day.
author=Gourd_Clae
Jeroen, Libby, Fomar, Ozzy, (and cap??)

I want to know what you all think about lynching odd today. I would also like to know what you think about lynching Jeroen. Which do you prefer and why?
author=Liberty
Why would we lynch him? Explain why you would support such a thing? Especially when it would behove all of us to get rid of non-players instead? :/

author=Liberty
I'd personally choose to lynch a non-player. They'd get killed by Mod anyway so better for us to off them, I think. That way we could at least start having a history to draw from in future days bar dumb talk.

This is the exchange I was referring to. I was trying to make the point that you were also interested in lynching lurkers at one point, but argue that it wasn't as suspicious as in other cases since, unlike psy, you didn't actually vote for a lurker.
And also that you only ended up saying that bc I explicitly gave you two options.

It's possible my logic was wrong since you're being unnecessarily antagonistic but yeah!
Sheriff Gourdy's Unoffical Vote Count!

Liberty: cave, psy
psy: liberty, ozzy, cap

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to hammer!

(Emily, you're doing an awesome job at moderating I just went back to tally up votes for my own notes and decided I might as well share with the class!)

---

I want to say my vote is spiritually on psy, but I'm honestly feeling a little less certain about who is scum. I just wish... psy hadn't jumped into conspiracy theory mode, and wanted to kill lurkers day 1, and acted super defensively when cave made a joke about using duelist powers on him. I do not know why... you did these things psy... but I am not confident these are scum tells anymore
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
him going apeshit over the multi-shot town duelist claim makes sense if actually 1-shot future doctor.

author=Gourd_Clae
It's possible my logic was wrong since you're being unnecessarily antagonistic but yeah!

what if there was a way to make sure...she would never antagonize our town again...
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Liberty
I'm not picking a symbol.

SCUm

The thing that makes me most uneasy about the way the day is going currently is that cave seems okay with mislynching, and psy has been acting weird all game so the Liberty vote isn't super appealing.

Ozzy is absolutely the type to throw his scumbuddy under the bus, cap only seems to be fully tuning into the game now, and Liberty's reason for voting psy could 100% be opportunistic. I'm losing faith that psy's behavior is scum behavior too so... also unappealing

I dunno, I could be overthinking it but like maybe both of the big options today are wrong.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
what if there was a way to make sure...she would never antagonize our town again...

aw you know the way to my heart is excessive ellipses

I'm actually kind of starting to lean toward voting Liberty now. After making the vote count I got really confused about why scum targeted Fomar over the 90 million other targets.

They didn't choose me bc it'd be kinda a waste to go after somebody who is bulletproof
They didn't choose cave bc psy would go after him,
They didn't choose psy bc he was gaining suspicion for his cave theory

That leaves Liberty, cap, demon, ozzy, atiya

Thinking back on the people who were concerned about my being targeted bc of my
bulletproof status I think we can sort of eliminate ozzy as a suspect. That just doesn't seem like the mindset scum was in. We could maybe remove atiya from the list of suspects too for the same reason but she seemed a little half-hearted about it.

So... libby, cap, demon, atiya

I feel like scum would have wanted to take a stab in the dark day 1 bc free kill, but probably more likely go for the lurkers. Atiya actively advocated against voting for Jeroen.

So, Libby, cap, demon

I don't think we can make conclusions about demon based off of day 1 so I'll just take him out for now

Libby or cap

Liberty almost immediately voted for psy, so that could have been the angle that scum was trying to go for. Cap is also on the psy boat, and psy made a good point that cap's confusion earlier could mean he's faking analysis. Cap also refused to vote day 1, which might have been him trying to avoid suspicion from voting one way or the other during the duelist event. He initially had his vote on cave then removed his vote and didn't vote at all for some reason he didn't really explain (scumchat?).

So, yeah, I guess I could go for a liberty lynch! I think I might prefer cap though. Liberty got on the odd train fast which I don't think she really had any reason to do.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
In Libby's defense, I actually don't see anything bad with her jumping onto the Odd train. CAVE being so willing to potentially myslynching Libby is something I'm not rally liking, but psy right now is still my main suspect. He usually keeps a cool head and him just freaking out at the idea of CAVE having another use of duelist really doesn't look good for him imo.

Cap has struck me weird the whole game, and I back up the idea that his analysis seems made up.

As for why Fomar got killed? I assume because he was quite helpful in nailing Odd? As in, he made some very good arguments against Odd, started the Odd train so I can see how scum would want him dead. Kill the ones that seem the most town and keep the suspicious ones alive.

Also, I am aware that psy voted Odd first, but he just gave a very bad metagame reason for it, whereas Fomar gave a good reason.

Yeehaw
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Jeez, there is a lot of stuff to assess. Today is Thanksgiving in the US, and I'm hanging out with my family for the day. I'll be around to ponder and give my two cents later, but posting this so y'all know I'm trying to pay attention.

My tldr assessment right now is as such. Liberty is probably innocent; Cave is being a tryhard toward getting Liberty dead; I can't ping Psy but I'm 60% sure they're town; Demonlord and Cap need to post more; Ozzy has some good rationale that, if he's scum, he's bluffing real well.

If I had to vote against anyone right now, Cave is already at the top of my list. I didn't trust him targeting Odd at first, I don't trust how facetious he's being, and I don't trust how adamant he is that Liberty's trouble.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ok, If I consider the nk, I think psy makes the most sense. He's good enough to avoid traps of killing Gourd or Cave and to spot that the way Fomar voted for odd wasn't w/w. It's still possible to frame Cave, because of the past games and as Gourd suggested, he was number 1 target for protection.

Let's discuss why is 1-shot doctor a good claim in this game, tho. I guess a mass claim would break my role but it also can help us to sort the situation out. Libby and Ozzy are vanillas, I hinted my role and I don't remember any claims from Atiya or Demonlord. I think my claim (I have a protective power activated once by me hammering) could clash with Psy's but it also makes sense to have these two roles in one town together.
Fomar declared that he had a PR. It's really not surprising he was killed, and I haven't looked at it further than that.

author=OzzyTheOne
He usually keeps a cool head and him just freaking out at the idea of CAVE having another use of duelist really doesn't look good for him imo.

I have a very watered down power role. Odd has a very watered down power role (which at the time made me think he was likely town). So cave's overpowered role claim rang the alarm bells, even if there was a good chance he was lying about it.

author=Gourd_Clae
I think the role hinting thing is a nulltell bc she has done it as town before.

I'm referring to this post: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25509/?post=915329#post915329
Nobody expressed any interest in Liberty's role name, and she had already declared that she was vanilla. So it doesn't make any sense to kinda sorta Oddrabbit-style hint at her role name. I like cave's theory that she rolecop'd Ozzy last night to get that info.

author=Cap_H
Why is Atiya a townread?

author=psy_wombats
Atiya I think is pretty firmly town. Doubt they would put down the first vote for Cave after 3 votes for Odd, and scum-Atiya wouldn't be concerned about a tie.

author=psy_wombats
Atiya I think is pretty firmly town. Doubt they would put down the first vote for Cave after 3 votes for Odd, and scum-Atiya wouldn't be concerned about a tie.

I'm still trying to figure out whether not knowing about the sheriff makes cap more or less likely to be scum. His other stuff doesn't come off all that scummy and I really just have that Cave->nothing switch against him.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=OzzyTheOne
In Libby's defense, I actually don't see anything bad with her jumping onto the Odd train. CAVE being so willing to potentially myslynching Libby is something I'm not rally liking, but psy right now is still my main suspect. He usually keeps a cool head and him just freaking out at the idea of CAVE having another use of duelist really doesn't look good for him imo.

Cap has struck me weird the whole game, and I back up the idea that his analysis seems made up.

As for why Fomar got killed? I assume because he was quite helpful in nailing Odd? As in, he made some very good arguments against Odd, started the Odd train so I can see how scum would want him dead. Kill the ones that seem the most town and keep the suspicious ones alive.

Also, I am aware that psy voted Odd first, but he just gave a very bad metagame reason for it, whereas Fomar gave a good reason.

Yeehaw
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Jeez, there is a lot of stuff to assess. Today is Thanksgiving in the US, and I'm hanging out with my family for the day. I'll be around to ponder and give my two cents later, but posting this so y'all know I'm trying to pay attention.

My tldr assessment right now is as such. Liberty is probably innocent; Cave is being a tryhard toward getting Liberty dead; I can't ping Psy but I'm 60% sure they're town; Demonlord and Cap need to post more; Ozzy has some good rationale that, if he's scum, he's bluffing real well.

If I had to vote against anyone right now, Cave is already at the top of my list. I didn't trust him targeting Odd at first, I don't trust how facetious he's being, and I don't trust how adamant he is that Liberty's trouble.

you're both free to engage with the case I made on her instead of the throwaway line about her being dead weight if town (more true than ever btw)

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
still willing to switch to my second choice of ozzy since everything he posts is relevant to a mafia game being played in another universe but I'm not going down that road alone. I think the day also ends in two hours or something.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I take that back. keeping my vote on liberty regardless because mislynching her is the most important thing to me. Here is the theme of this mislynch:

What case?

Still not picking a symbol.

Honestly, I don't think it's Cave, still, despite his demented desire to see me die but he is pretty suss. He's barking up the wrong tree, completely, but that'll only screw town over.

I'm going to not reply any more today. If I were scum, that would not be the case at all, ever, especially if I were the last scum around (which seems about right for the numbers this game, I think?) so take it for what it is - me being town and doing other stuff and not caring about dying in a game.

Before I go, let's look at some weird actions noted.

The only person to unvote on Odd was Cave. He started that shit show then jumped around (obfuscating his voting perhaps?) before deciding to revote right at the end. If he were scum Odd and he might have decided to 'protect' him by wanting him be part of the kill on Odd and thus allow him to play the "but I killed scum!" card in the future. Probably because by that point there was little time left, Gourd had his say and the numbers were going to push that way.

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
#lynch oddrabbitalmost forgot i'm killing odd

Very strange excuse, there.

This symbol stuff is bullshit and lends nothing to the game but messing around. He seems very intent on this 'mislynch' (his words) almost as though he knows I'm not scum and is sure that I should die. He's put forth the idea that scum would get a note telling them what would be said in the town PM but who in the fuck has ever done that ever? I know I never did when I ran Mafia and I can't recall anyone else doing so either. I very much doubt that Emily did that!

Thus Ozzy and I, who are both confirming each other that cowboys are town, are probably legit.

Yeah, the more I look at this the more I'm convincing myself. Bye felicia.

#cancel

#lynch CaveDogisBack
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
...I didn't unvote him. my day action canceled my vote on him. the idea that I was trying to 'get away' from the lynch that was only happening because of the day action I used is good though.

my case was posted when the day started.

I literally put all the role PMs that were in the game in the last game I ran and put the vanilla town role PM in the game I ran before that.

anyway, let the mislynch (of liberty) continue
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Am stuffed with turkey and pie. Typing on phone. Am going to give Psy's motives another look in case my bid fails, or if given good reason to cancel. So.

My role is "gunslinger" or something. I am too lazy to check PM right now. Blame the turkey and pie. Good vittles. Anyhow, I am considered town, and the only way to not be town is nigh impossible. Really, my only power is to barely survive a losing game.

Sheriff Gourd, if I wanted to cut my losses, I would win if I delivered a hammer vote against you when town would lose. I have no clue how I would pull that off if I wanted to. But I don't, and as I'm considered town it's a lost cause if I tried.

For the sake of unity, confessing my role. Allow me to paint a bullseye on my cool scarf. Anywho, gonna review the cases vs Libby and Psy, but I think y'all know who I'm gunnin' fer.