SHERIFF MAFIA (GAME OVER)

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Sheriff Gourd, if I wanted to cut my losses, I would win if I delivered a hammer vote against you when town would lose. I have no clue how I would pull that off if I wanted to. But I don't, and as I'm considered town it's a lost cause if I tried.

me too. I suspect everyone has this condition.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Right. My exact role is called Gun For Hire. It's the idea that I could be a lone wolf if I had to be.

Right now there's more suspicion against Psy. It's clear I don't trust Cave. We have time till the next vote. If Cave can duel more than once, it's probably on cooldown and we have no clue if it can be. Hate to see it, but we need to decide on someone.

#lynch Psy_Wombats

As I said, I am a gun for hire. Only other person to target Cave is Liberty, and for the same reason as I. Psy, give me a good reason to trust you. I am lighting this fire under your rear. Explain yourself.
Votecount:

Liberty: 2 (CAVE, Psy)
Psy: 3 (Liberty, Ozzy, Cap_H, Atiya)
CAVE: 1 (Liberty)

Day 2 ends in 23 hours, 20 minutes (sorry I was a little late for the 24 hour post).

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes for hammer.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Actually, screw this.

#cancel
#lynch Cave_Dog

If I want Psy to explain, he won't get a chance if sniped at four votes.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
helpful infographic

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
well psy, it's unfortunate, but it looks like you have to die so I can get closer to my ultimate goal (of killing gourd)

#cancel

#lynch psy
@Atiya: Not sure what you mean -- there's something specific you want me to explain?

For reference, I do not have an extra "kill Gourd to win" condition.

Apart from that, Liberty's case on Cave looks constructed to me -- feeling slightly more confident in that vote. The reasons I have to be suspicious around Cave are entirely around his day 1 duel and none of the stuff that Liberty mentioned.

Still 24 hours. I'd vote Cave if forced but prefer Liberty. Cave's been reasonable today until like uhhhh 1 post ago -- was that supposed to be a hammer?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
oh I totally missed that it's 24 hours from now. I only saw 20 minutes and changed my vote cause the votes were tied.

#cancel

#lynch liberty
Been busy with thanksgiving. I'd like to add that I do not have a kill gourd to win condition. In fact Altiya made it sound like a lone wolf condition that nobody else would have...which makes me question why cave has it. I didn't really see a cave lynch over someone like Psy or cap until now, but I find that incredibly suspicious. There was nothing like that in Fomars flip either...which makes me think cave just took a big risk, or Altiya is lying. Between those two, it's far more suspicious that cave jumped on it.

I need to check, but I believe the sheriff is bulletproof, not lynchproof, which would give credit to Altiya's claim. I agree it'd be nigh impossible to pull off though.

#lynch cave
Reread gourds ability. He is protected from one lynch. I still think it's weird cave jumped on it, but I guess it does make the lynch sheriff to win slightly less believable.

I still think cave's claim to have it is weirder though.

I'm going back to reread stuff now that I have some time.
Not seeing anything that sells me on a liberty lynch. Also thinking on it more, I'm not buying that cave had both a duel and a lynch sheriff power combined all into one.

Unless he really is unlimited duel shot and is making us think he was bluffing by not using it today with the option of winning as non-town with altiya in that scenario. Bit of a stretch but that's current conspiracy theory.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Gourd_Clae
Liberty got on the odd train fast which I don't think she really had any reason to do.

so, to be clear, the reason you get on that train fast is so that people can't say you weren't on the train after he get executed. And, you can say this is conceited or w/e idgaf, but, I think 9/10 in a situation like that, Odd is gonna be the one getting executed, not me. this idea

author=Liberty
Just voted and left it as was, which I would NOT do if I was Odd's fellow scum (I'd have jumped on the Cave train that was going on, btw)

that there was a train on me just isn't true. At the time that she voted Odd, Odd had the majority of the votes.
https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25509/?p=4#posts

And yes, some people did vote me, but most of them immediately unvoted. No momentum. Already addressed that everything in Liberty's big post re: me is not true. And when I say not true, I don't mean "These weren't my motivations" but rather "The things described here just never happened." Which is a bit weird when the alleged events were enough to change a vote that seemed to have some strong belief behind it.

And now I'm voting psy because he's scum.

Also, yeah, give people a chance to chime in. That said, if scum wasn't psy, then why have we not had a hammer yet? Interesting...

also, cowboy, you nutbrain. that's the title. I've been pretty apparent I think, as to what it is. it's vanilla town, now stop digging for other people's roles you scum.

Of course you are. You're scum.

author=demonlord5000
Been busy with thanksgiving. I'd like to add that I do not have a kill gourd to win condition. In fact Altiya made it sound like a lone wolf condition that nobody else would have...which makes me question why cave has it. I didn't really see a cave lynch over someone like Psy or cap until now, but I find that incredibly suspicious. There was nothing like that in Fomars flip either...which makes me think cave just took a big risk, or Altiya is lying. Between those two, it's far more suspicious that cave jumped on it.

so, the question that has to be answered is why I would take that risk as scum at all. THE ONLY POSSIBLE BENEFIT of doing this would be if a third power role popped up and said "OH yeah, I have that conditional too," because then that's too many people saying the same thing for any of them to be lying (except the third person possibly piggybacking onto the claim.) The problem with the idea that I would do this as scum is, If I didn't have the thing about hammering Gourd in my role PM, I would have had zero reason to believe that anyone else would chime in to say "Oh yeah that's part of my PM too.
Similarly, people voting me are gonna have to answer why I dropped my psy case from yesterday when he's clearly been the most popular vote for execution today.(the actual reason is that it was predicated on odd flipping town)
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=demonlord5000
Not seeing anything that sells me on a liberty lynch. Also thinking on it more, I'm not buying that cave had both a duel and a lynch sheriff power combined all into one.

Unless he really is unlimited duel shot and is making us think he was bluffing by not using it today with the option of winning as non-town with altiya in that scenario. Bit of a stretch but that's current conspiracy theory.

so, to be clear, you're talking about it being unlikely for me to have two 'parts' to my role, but one of those parts vastly increases the odds of me dying.
It is a fair point on why take that risk as scum.

As for the two parter, yeah I think it's unlikely. I don't see why the mod wouldnt just give two people the same role if they wanted others to have it and be verifiable. Also while dueling is a power that increases your risk, it is also a power that basically gives you a confirmed role even if the alignment is up for debate.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I can't really speak to the design philosophy behind the roles, but I don't think the intent was for this part to be used to verify anyone at all. If the case the case, more people would have it (which would be a funny prank on Gourd)
I don't see the "kill Gourd to win" condition as unlikely at all. I'm actually a lot more inclined to think Cave is town now, and I'm even more convinced Atiya is.
Would be kind of funny if everyone had it. I don't really see it as a way to verify anyones alignment, but if multiple people did have it then it could be confirmed as a role that exists. In that case though I still think it's weird cave has a multirole. It'd make more sense to me if two people only had that role, or even have the two that have the role even be masons and try to work together to set up the sheriff lynch.

After some thought I can believe multiple people might have it. What's weird to me is the way cave has it through a multipower. Just the whole design of a duelist/mislynch sheriff at the end role is strange to me.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
currently, I feel very good about my range of suspects (Ozzy/Liberty.) Pretty much the only thing I'm worried about is the chance that the actual scum is demonlord, who would just slide to the finish line after being able to avoid becoming a high-profile target due to subbing in.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=demonlord5000
Would be kind of funny if everyone had it. I don't really see it as a way to verify anyones alignment, but if multiple people did have it then it could be confirmed as a role that exists. In that case though I still think it's weird cave has a multirole. It'd make more sense to me if two people only had that role, or even have the two that have the role even be masons and try to work together to set up the sheriff lynch.

After some thought I can believe multiple people might have it. What's weird to me is the way cave has it through a multipower. Just the whole design of a duelist/mislynch sheriff at the end role is strange to me.

I'm 100% confident that Atiya has some other aspect to her role that hasn't been shared. Not really concerned with saying this out loud because scum isn't going to kill someone that could help them win.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i believe most scum would see the writing on the wall and get in on that execution early for cred. they'd also be unlikely to hem haw about it for the same reason. i don't see anyone here advocating for me to die yesterday in an attempt to wifom. in addition:

author=Liberty
#lynch oddRabbitMy reason? I don't have a power. I'm vanilla town. Assuming everyone has a power is wronk.

this doesn't make a lot of sense as a reason to vote someone because making an incorrect assumption about setup spec isn't scummy.

demonlord, how do you feel about this. Do you agree/disagree and why