SHERIFF MAFIA (GAME OVER)

Votecount:

Liberty: 2 (CAVE, CAVE, Psy)
Psy: 1 (Liberty, Atiya, CAVE, Cap_H, Ozzy)
CAVE: 2 (Atiya, Liberty, Demon)

Day 2 ends in 2 hours.

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes for hammer.

(EDIT: Psy was right, the count for Liberty was off because apparently I can't count to two).
Count looks incorrect -- there are more than 1 Liberty votes for instance, and I think only 7 alive.

Strongly prefer killing Liberty today. It was already kind of dug into in detail but her case on Cave looks constructed. (the one Odd I guess could be too but I was willing to overlook it as Liberty logic)

@Ozzy: I'm not concerned about the kill-Gourd-to-win faction actually winning that way. It'd require scum to using a nightkill on Gourd's bulletproofness, actually coordinating that wincon during the day, and killing weird people (only those without the additional wincon).

Plus daykilling town with the addition kill-Gourd wincon involves, well, killing town.

re: Ozzy scumminess, I don't think him talking about cowboy means anything at all, yeah -- I explicitly asked him to name it. My opinion is that Ozzy's vote in D1 looks good enough for now where I don't want to kill him today.
never mind, hammer is indeed 5, for some reason I was thinking there were only 9 players
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
In this case, for what it's worth, I'm starting the next day with an immediate Cave lynch. With less than a half-hour left, I won't make it in time. Even so, my vote won't be enough to kill Cave. Do with that information as you will.
Ironically the vote spread means I get my choice of any of cave psy or Libby dead and although I wanted psy dead earlier I've come to the point I don't know who is evil at all

Libby will do for the many reasons already brought up. She is in the 'good idea to mislynch' tier after all!
Day 2 is over!

author=Narrator
The town argued all day about who had killed the Wandering Gun, Fomar.
Tempers ran high after the previous day's duel, questioning what had really happened.
As the sun was about to set, the Sheriff finally stood up and said "I reckon we need justice in this here town partners!"
The Sheriff drew up, and pointed the gun at Liberty.
"We don't need your troublemakin' 'round these parts Cowboy Liberty, if that is what you really are!"

Just as the sun finally set behind the mountains, the Sheriff shot.

Liberty was lynched! She was a town-aigned Cowboy.

author=Role
You are a town-aligned Cowboy.

You win when all outlaws are brought to justice.

Final Votecount:

Liberty: 3 (CAVE, CAVE, Psy, Sheriff Gourd)
Psy: 1 (Liberty, Atiya, CAVE, Cap_H, Ozzy)
CAVE: 2 (Atiya, Liberty, Demon)

Night 2 begins now! The night ends in 48 hours. Get your night actions in by then.
Night 2 has ended.

author=Narrator
The harsh desert night finally broke, and town awoke once again.
This time the body was hung from the second floor of the local saloon, shot in the chest. As folks gathered, it was clear that AtiyaTheSeeker had been killed in the night.

AtiyaTheSeeker has been killed! AtiyaTheSeeker was a town-aligned Gun For Hire.

author=Role
You are a town-aligned Gun For Hire.

You win when all outlaws are brought to justice, or if you are alive at the end of the game and deliver a hammer vote on the Sheriff.

Day 3 begins now, and will end in 72 hours and 15 minutes.
With 6 alive, it takes 4 votes to hammer.

(Sorry for the weird extra 15 minutes on the day time, if I didn't post this 15 minutes early it would have had to wait for several more hours)

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I'm sorry for not voting again. I guess I would vote Liberty and the outcome would be the same.
My plan for today is to follow psy closely as I haven't been convinced by him yet. But I like some of his later posts (him questioning Demon here and defending Ozzy's claim as nai)
Also, I should claim my role, because it helping to solve the game is more likely than me actually using it. If I manage to hammer I become immune to all attempts on my life for one night. Now, we can discuss if it works together with a 1-shot delayed doc. By my reckoning It kinda does as it gives town two chances to stop a bullet and to prolong the game.

Btw, I think Cave's bluffing with his kill sheriff in f3 wincon.

Now, if we exclude Cave and Gourd, it's down to me, Psy, Ozzy and Demon.
I don't suspect Ozzy rn.
I think Demonlord has more questionable content. Especially the way he avoided voting for Liberty (outside of not being sold on it). But I'm not sure he would aim to kill Fomar n1.

Did Demon claim?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=Cap_H
I think Demonlord has more questionable content. Especially the way he avoided voting for Liberty (outside of not being sold on it). But I'm not sure he would aim to kill Fomar n1.

Did Demon claim?

I also would like demonlord's claim.

Psy, who did you protect?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
btw just want to give a big thanks to scum for killing atiya because that person was totally going to vote me today. we're really making big strides towards executing gourd.
@cap: I don't think analyzing the D1 nightkill is useful at all. Fomar had claimed to have a PR. Why do you think Demon would be unlikely to go after Fomar on N1 anyway? Demon wasn't even in the game that day.

@cave: I protected Gourd on N1. Part of me endorsing the idea of a "kill Gourd to win" faction yesterday was attempting to bait scum into targeting him to remove his 1-shot bulletproof. thought you were probably bluffing on the wincon yesterday as well.

I misread Atiya's alt condition -- I thought it was only to be on a successful train on the sheriff vs hammering them. It makes me more inclined to think town-Cave isn't bluffing and actually has that.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
thinking about a good old fashioned demonlord murder. but maybe he has a really cool roleclaim.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I find it takes someone with a good grasp game to avoid killing both gourd and cave. I think Demonlord is more straightforward, but maybe I am underestimating him.
I'm assuming Atiya got killed because she wasn't going to participate in the end of game sheriff lynching? Ironically removes one of the few people who could actually participate in it so I'm not sure.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
this scum knows who's willing to butter the bread...BOTH SIDES
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Welp, last day I was in favor of killing psy, this day I am going to dial back to CAVE because come on, HOW DOES NO ONE WANT TO LYNCH HIM. He is absolutely fine with killing Gourd, the freaking sherrif. It's one of his win conditions according to him. He doesn-t want to solve the game, he wants for enough town to die so he can hammer vote on Gourd and win himself. How that isn't apparent to anyone just yet, I don't know.

#lynch CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

As for why Atiya of all people got killed, my guess is as good as yours, I have no idea why.
I'm a ranger.

I only win if the sheriff is alive. This is one reason I came down so hard on cave, since his win condition conflicts with my own. Cave was far more actively trying to pursue that option than altiya as well. The other reason is I feel like a power to win with the sheriffs death isn't necessarily a town only ability. I think scum could just as easily have it and just keep that little tidbit from their partner. That's my conspiracy theory at least but I could be wrong.

The other person I'm wary of still is psy. Not to say I think he's necessarily scum now, but I don't see the reasoning behind protecting gourd unless he came to the same conclusion as me. There's absolutely no reason for scum to go after him otherwise because the sheriff doesn't pertain to their normal win condition. The problem then is he should be suspicious of either altiya or cave of being scum with said power. One big reason I'm suspicious of cave is he essentially had 2 powers, whereas the rest of us only have 1. I guess dueling does make him more vunerable, but what a play would it be to oust his scum partner right away (and get away with it because it was odd), only to then later win due to his win with the sheriffs death power.

That all said, I'm still more suspicious of cave than I am psy.

#lynch cave
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I actually don't believe that's a plausible town wincon. UNLESS you would like to add that you have another aspect to your role, which would make the whole "rawrhrhgh cave has two powers" (not sure if you can call the second part a power but w/e) thing a pretty suspect reason for building a case.

We have zero (good) protective roles claimed and it would mean that you could essentially lose the entire game if scum just targeted Gourd twice, with no way to counteract it. The reason my win condition isn't solely something like "kill gourd at the end of the game" is because Gourd could get killed earlier than that without any way of me preventing it. So it seems to make sense to me that without a second part to your role, this win condition wouldn't make sense.

The ONLY way it would make sense without a second part to the role, is if the entire thing was banked on "Oh, well they wouldn't do that and would leave him alive forever because he doesn't count for numbers," but the problem with that is that if they won the game by just executing Gourd at the end... that's just, like, a regular town loss. That's the town win/lose condition. And if you won with Gourd alive regardless of whether or not town won, then you're...not...town.

This also brings up the pretty huge question of "What happens to demonlord if he has this wincon and gourd is taken out of the game?" Does he just disappear or become a totally free agent?

I could explain this more if anyone is confused, but it sounds fake to me. Still thinking about it.

That aside, I have problems with the rest of what you wrote. Firstly, you did not come down on me because of conflicting win conditions. You made it very clear that you didn't believe my alt-wincon (it feels strange to me that you frame yours as ONLY being able to win if gourd is alive. mine isn't that way.) I have not been trying to 'actively pursue' getting gourd executed at endgame. If that were the case, I would saved my shot and used it on him to remove his deathproof near endgame. That's just a total mischaracterization of what's happened thus far.
The problem with your last sentence is... why would I be sharing my wincon if I was scum. how is "hammering gourd at endgame" a meaningfully different win condition than "hammer anyone at endgame?" The latter action encompasses the former. additionally why would scum ever keep that from their partner. None of this feels particularly relevant, but this seems like an unnatural/artificial train of thought that you're pursuing.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=OzzyTheOne
Welp, last day I was in favor of killing psy, this day I am going to dial back to CAVE because come on, HOW DOES NO ONE WANT TO LYNCH HIM. He is absolutely fine with killing Gourd, the freaking sherrif. It's one of his win conditions according to him. He doesn-t want to solve the game, he wants for enough town to die so he can hammer vote on Gourd and win himself. How that isn't apparent to anyone just yet, I don't know.

#lynch CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

As for why Atiya of all people got killed, my guess is as good as yours, I have no idea why.

So, I have been trying to solve the game. Killing scum is a way easier win condition for me to pursue than banking on the extremely weird scenario where I live to kill Gourd. I made a lot of jokes about mislynching because people were going apeshit over me using the word once. The actual person who isn't trying to solve the game here might be you, since you're voting for someone that you're also framing as town, since you seem to believe that I do have this alternate win condition, which scum wouldn't have because killing gourd at endgame and killing anyone else at endgame would be functionally the same to them.