HELLO RMN PLEASE HELP ME TRY SOMETHING OUT!

Pages: 1
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I am going to give you a puzzle! Please reply with whether you think I have given enough information to solve it, how easy it was for you, and any other comments you might have. Do this especially if you are having trouble with it! ETA: The answer may or may not look gibberishy to you, so if you think you did what you were supposed to, post what you got, please!

If you think you has the solution, please post it under the hide tag!
That's the little eyeball icon with the red slash through it.

Here is the puzzle:

56939 36078 79

Thank you for your help!
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=kentona

M E L E K A
??

Incorrect. Could you hidetext tell me what your process was?
author=Sooz
author=kentona

M E L E K A
??
Incorrect. Could you hidetext tell me what your process was?
Tried the simplest approach, and used the "key" on the code just by subtracting the key's numerical value from the code's value. I noticed that both the code and the key had 12 digits (ignoring the spacing differences, which I chalked up to a red herring). I then broke up the answer into 2 digit pairs, and conveniently there was an even number of digits AND all of the digit-pairs were <= 26, so I then proceeded to simply map the pairs to letters to spell out a name

EDIT:
I then decided to try again to see if I had a typo or something (very possible!) and I noticed I totally dyslexically mapped the 17 pair to the nearby K instead of Q

>>
13 05 12 05 17 01
M E L E Q A

Sooz
author=kentona

Tried the simplest approach, and used the "key" on the code just by subtracting the key's numerical value from the code's value. I noticed that both the code and the key had 12 digits (ignoring the spacing differences, which I chalked up to a red herring). I then broke up the answer into 2 digit pairs, and conveniently there was an even number of digits AND all of the digit-pairs were <= 26, so I then proceeded to simply map the pairs to letters to spell out a name

EDIT:
I then decided to try again to see if I had a typo or something (very possible!) and I noticed I totally dyslexically mapped the 17 pair to the nearby K instead of Q

>>
13 05 12 05 17 01
M E L E Q A

WELL it turns out that you now have the answer correct and also it's not the answer I intended because I fucked something up on my end. Thank you very much! :D
I guess two wrongs do make a right?
Sooz
In this particular case!
MELEQA
12 digits code, 12 digits key, the note says always 2 digits, so ignored the spaces and dealt with 2 digit groups at a time.
Subtracting key from code gave a 1-26 range (tried other operations like modulo first, but you don't have a 00 code)
It's meant to be solved, so expected a substitution cypher of some kind.

So the sequence
56 - 43 = 13 M
93 - 88 = 05 E
93 - 81 = 12 L
60 - 55 = 05 E
78 - 61 = 17 Q
79 - 78 - 01 A
Sooz
author=coelocanth
MELEQA
12 digits code, 12 digits key, the note says always 2 digits, so ignored the spaces and dealt with 2 digit groups at a time.
Subtracting key from code gave a 1-26 range (tried other operations like modulo first, but you don't have a 00 code)
It's meant to be solved, so expected a substitution cypher of some kind.

So the sequence
56 - 43 = 13 M
93 - 88 = 05 E
93 - 81 = 12 L
60 - 55 = 05 E
78 - 61 = 17 Q
79 - 78 - 01 A

You got it! Sounds like you're pretty familiar with the basic setup.
The information you have produced is so good and helpful, I will visit your website regularly. GAMMAKSPAM
from e-commerce GAMMAK, we even create an integrated app for you to engage more with your clients
Sooz
None of you spambots are even TRYING to solve the puzzle! Rude! >:(
Pages: 1