[RM2K] [RM2K3] RM2K/3 GAMES WITH THE MOST...

Pages: 1
...hours of gameplay to beat it?
...hours of gameplay to get 100%
...words?
...areas?
...player characters?

And anything else minor like events, items, and monsters.

I am asking specifically about RM2K/3 due to these games fitting into a "genre" better than the subsequent RMs, which don't allow for such easy comparisons in game content. I'm not saying that any of these games are "quantitatively" better than ones that contain less, I just find it interesting how the limits have been stretched in such comparatively basic engines through their 20-year(!) histories. I don't consider the game being commercial or using an expansion .dll "cheating", though of course it is cool if a hobbyist or hackless game can score in the top of one of these categories!
Would be nice if there's a compiled list of howlongtobeat for RM games, I do think long ass RM games seem to be the popular trend for having a high amount of downloads (and tons of gamefaqs tier help comments) and what keeps the niche alive on this site. Though I think most active creators on here are concerned with medium length polished experiences.

Games like Legacies of Dondoran and Hero's Realm is probably up there. It's pretty easy to crack them open and see how many map files there are (IMUs) and the playtime is usually touted on their features. But yeah I'd be interested to see the tallies of this.
Hero's Realm is 20~25 hours to defeat, but you'd have to ask Oblic how long it took him to get to Level 99 for all characters
author=FanofSMBX
...player characters?

My guess would be Legion Saga 3, though I'm not exactly an expert or anything.
I've seen Theia savefiles with more than 50 hours put on them. That said, I don't exactly know.
The Laxius Power games infamously billed themselves as having up to 80 hours of gameplay, but I'm not sure it's true - the only one I completed was Laxius Power 2, which I believe took me 15 hours.

My game (Exile's Journey) usually takes me about 23 hours to complete, but I've seen save files with 50 hours or more.

As for player characters, the Legion Saga series features a large cast, being based on the Suikoden series. Legion Saga 3 has the most playable characters, but I'm not sure how many.
Laxius Power 2 is the shortest from the three, with around 20 hours if you complete everything (12-15 hours by doing a normal run).
By completing 100%, Laxius Power 1 would be around 30 hours (if you except the 10 000 battles to get the final goodies --'), and Laxius Power 3 a lot more (I would say 50 hours by rushing, but you still wouldn't have all slayers / quests completed). If you do it normal to the end, it's probably more around 15 hours for the first, and 20-25 for the third (because you still have to do some quests to have a decent level/equipments).

For words, I would say AĆ«demphia, for all the dialogues/choices/story. But I'm sure a lot of boring games can get talkative too. You would have to extract dialogues and compare between the games to actually know that, it's more of a feeling. Probably games with a lot of interaction with environment would do better in this department. Everlong has a lot of dialogues, books and interactions, so it might have this one too.

For areas, there are a decent amount of games went above 1000. However, I remember a few games going around 1500... Well, it would be The Sword and the Fish (1574 maps). And you also have Monster World RPG in the map department with 1643 maps. And I totally forgot about Everlong (2146 maps).

For Player Characters, it's raw you have that much characters to play, in fact. If we are talking about the total (and not party size), Fighting Robots Quest has around 140 characters to play. Else, you would have to go go for Legion Saga as said SideWinder, though I don't know how many are playable. Dragon Saga IV Running Water being a Suikoden like, it probably has a good amount of characters too (the Vth made with RPG Maker XP had around 70, if I'm not mistaken with Exit Fate) Queen's Court also mention it as being pretty long (" it's the longest Rm2k game ever not named "Laxius Power".").
author=kentona
Hero's Realm is 20~25 hours to defeat, but you'd have to ask Oblic how long it took him to get to Level 99 for all characters

I spent well over 50+ hours in HR, but that's mostly because I'm slow and enjoyed exploring the game's world so much that I often had to force myself back to the main quest.
Yeah Legion Saga 3 has 40 characters, and I am sure that (at least) half of them are playable.

Speaking about long games, Everlong is 80+ hours of gameplay (Rm2k3), Seraphic Blue (Rm2k) is 55 hours.

author=FanofSMBX
I am asking specifically about RM2K/3 due to these games fitting into a "genre" better than the subsequent RMs, which don't allow for such easy comparisons in game content.

Except maybe for Exit Fate (Rmk XP, if I am right)!

EDIT!
I forgot this! Heaven&Hell part 3.
Really has a TON of maps and it's really huge... still a demo anyway!
Tobira no Densetsu (2K) is massive with 1389 maps, 17 MB of script/common events/etc. and 80+ hours game length
Laxius Power 2 is around 20 hours hours to complete.
geometry dash
Kravitz's comment has received more than 1,360 likes while her Instagram post overall has received more than 396,840 likes as of Sunday evening.

*Oh Futch-and-Bright, you Spam-link, you!*
Starless Umbra might have the most released demos
from 2005 - 2013 he released at least 6 demos (maybe more) including back when it was called Dragon Heart.

holy shit, that is commitment.
Actually, I guess I already sent a note to you (LordBlueRouge) about this but there are at least 10 big demos released during the dates you mentioned.
author=CrawlingChaox
I've seen Theia savefiles with more than 50 hours put on them. That said, I don't exactly know.

Theia: The Crimson Eclipse is incredible. I played that game all the way through (well, actually 4/5ths of the way through before losing my save to computer shenanigans) and I was utterly blown away by how polished and creative the game was, especially the story. If it wasn't for the ripped music it would easily pass as commercial in my eyes.
Final Tear 3 is supposed to be stupidly long (80hr+).

Game got meme'd on for being... not great but the author is apparently still updating it.

I also can't find any evidence of someone actually beating the game. I'm half tempted to record a playthrough after getting a new machine.
Pages: 1