[RMMZ] SIDEVIEW BATTLE HELP (SOLVED)

Pages: 1
unity
You're magical to me.
I'm using Sideview Battlers on MZ and I don't have any experience with it, so I thought I'd ask.

I'm using "Certain Hit" for healing spells, but the sideview actors do an attack pose for all certain hits. Is there a way to override this for specific abilities (and make it use a casting sideview pose instead?) I could just switch all healing to "Magical Attack" instead of "Certain Hit" (and I may if there is no other solution) but this just seemed like something there'd be a notetag or an option for.

The only plugins I'm using are the Visustealla Yanfly ones, but I'm using a loooot of them XD

Any help would be greatly appreciated :DDD

EDIT: I'm using VisuMZ's battle core, so I think I need to figure out Action Sequences, and that'll get me where I need to be? No idea how to do Action Sequences tho

EDIT 2: I found a thing on how to do action sequences. I may be able to solve this myself XD;;;

EDIT 3: I figured it out! If you're using VisuMZ's battle core, put <Custom Action Sequence> in the skill's notetag, then make a common event (I called my common event "Hero Heal Action"), and use the Plugin Commands from the VisuMZ Battle Core to make an action sequence.

I used ACSET: Setup Action Set, then Motion: Motion Type with "spell" selected, then MECH: Wait for Effect, then ACSET: Each Target Action Set with Perform Action set to false, then ACSET: Finish action.

Then go back to the skill and on the Effects box, select your common event.

There may have been a simpler or more elegant way to get the job done, but this worked for me at least XD
Pages: 1