THERE'S A STAFF BORN EVERY MINUTE

Pages: first prev 12 last
Kloe! I truly am a Marquis de Purple now!!

Jokes aside and to repeat what I mentioned on discord: I'm still lowly scrub like you guys, I just applied for this, so I can have a better look at what's coming down the tube for 2021, so I can serve you guys better in the future. I thought 2019 was a great year - the fact that I could show Yellow Magic a handful of rpgmaker2003 games from 2019, is a testament to how good that year was (with a lot of help that originally began with Darken the real MVP), but it wasn't just the games that year; it was just better organization and better planning on how to track these games that lead to that year doing so well.

…But yeah, unfortunately, I can't do anything about the misaos for 2020. I've missed a huge chunk of this year, and I'm gonna be too busy working on updating the archive to really manage 2020. I really want to get the archive stuff out of the way so I can focus on 2021. So if you guys haven't made a thread to round up misaos yet, I strongly encourage making one now, cause as soon as the holiday season starts, it's gonna be very easy to quickly forget which games were highlighted this year. But stuff like:

-Exile's Journey by dethmetal
-Weird and Unfortunate Things Are Happening by unity
-Therapist: Mind Manager by Calunio
-BeetleNinja by 16-bitking
-Moonsong :First Verse by Kaempfer
-7 minutes by muffles
-LockHeartIndingo by harmless
-Cover Your Eyes by StarSkipp
-Thegamewithnoname by Just_a_Shy_Doge

...There's probably a lot more to choose from this year, but unfortunately I don't have time to really organize it, cause I still have go through like 300 games to update the archive.

But yeah, in closing, thank you everyone for the kind words of encouragement. RMN may be a small site that doesn't get a whole lot of traffic these days, but I feel this site has changed quite a bit over the years: new rpgmakers are coming from different places now, what's remained unchanged however, is that people still really want a place where they can stretch their legs and exercise creative ideas, learn the ins and outs of these programs without being judged or ridiculed - I find myself thinking back to 2007 a lot and how peeps like Blindmind and their game Beloved Rapture, were treated on GamingW - if you look at Beloved Rapture today however, the difference is like night and day, because the creator finally got the support and encouragement they needed to do these really great things on their own - That's the type of creative community I want to foster and continue to be apart of. There's a lot of info here contained on RMN that needs to be preserved and maintain - this site is literally a giant manual now filled with rpgmaker tips and tricks and I think we should continue to provide that going forward, because our history is our greatest strength here.

But yeah, Chief, thank you for giving me this opportunity! (staff too ♥️!) Everyone, please look forward to 2021, I'll try not to let you guys down!
As I said back in 2019, now's a great time to be an rpgmaker!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Well, for the "Best Event Game" Misao, we'd probably be looking at...

...these events. Which, yes, would include JustAShyDoge's game with no name.
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Aaaaaaa congrats LBR! They couldn't have picked a better staff member, if you ask me. I'm one of many who's glad you'd returned.

Agreed! I can't think of any staff promotion more deserving.

I have to thank LBR even for helping with motivation to finish my own game - he exudes so much passion for RPGMaker, even after more than a decade, it's contagious. xD

In the meantime, looking forward to the 2020 Misasos. Glad to see the Rm2k3 representation still going.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
Hell yeah! LordBlueRouge has done a lot for old RPG Maker games/history preservation! Totally fits the job.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
LBR yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy <3
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
That's awesome, congrats!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
An excellent choice!

I have a list of 2020 games, which managed to capture my attention, but I only played one of them - WaUTaH. And I'm sure there were others when I was more absent than not.

I wish you better luck in 2021 and if I'm more active, you will have my support.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I assume that WAUTAH will sweep the Misaos but Two Strangers Got Married at the Beach has lobsters in the thumbnail so it wins in my heart.
Passed over again?!

I am not going to put up with this treatment forever! I am going to quit not being staff one day, I swear!

Also, congrats.
Yay, congrats!

author=LordBlueRouge
. So if you guys haven't made a thread to round up misaos yet, I strongly encourage making one now, cause as soon as the holiday season starts, it's gonna be very easy to quickly forget which games were highlighted this year.

Hm if you (or someone else, I am not worthy!) creates the thread I can flood it with suggestions! :P
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I think at one point in March/Apirl, so, like the height of COVID lockdown, I got the idea in my head to put together a list of games that could be nominated this year, sorted by month of nominatibility. I think I got as far as Feburuary, maybe March, before giving up?

I'll at least try and make a topic, though, with this post as the basis for discussion.

*Edit: Boom ba-da-boom ba-da-boom ba-da-boom!
JustAShyDoge
Still a dumb and shy doggo
Ahhh, I need to visit rmn forum more than lurking in discord

Congratz on being a mod, LordBlueRouge!
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
If everyone who posts in the discord posted stuff on the forum it'd still be dead but instead of just being slow because like twelve people post here it'd have server overload because god DAMN y'all are some chatty cathies.
author=Sooz
If everyone who posts in the discord posted stuff on the forum it'd still be dead but instead of just being slow because like twelve people post here it'd have server overload because god DAMN y'all are some chatty cathies.

You don't know me Sooz! You don't know! *breaks down and sprays cocoa everywhere*

>.> Also grats Blue! Again!
Pages: first prev 12 last