TRANSLATION

Pages: 1
Please, help me with tools for translation all games, which was maded on RPGMakers and recommend easy for translation game(just trainind English).
New problem appears!
Which engine correctly show non-ASCII symbols(non-English language)? Because when the text of scrypt has changed, RPGMaker2000 and 2003 shows unreadable symbols.(I'm sorry, if I stupid)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
A translation effort generally wants/needs access to the dialogs found within the game, as well as the database for items/descriptions and what-not. I'm vaguely aware of a text dump script for Ace that certainly seems like a quicker method to extract that data. It might be possible that the other engines that include scripting support (ie: XP, MV, MZ) have a similar extraction method, though I certainly don't know.

I have my doubts that 95 and TsuK/2K would have such tools. TsuK3 might have a tool to extract that data through DYN plug-ins, or whatever. I'm not sure what's possible with 2K3 and the Maniac's patch.
Stedar of The Cicatrix/Hero I - Ephren's Journey released a text dumper for rpgmaker2000/2003, I haven't tried it though.

https://rpgmaker.net/engines/rt2k3/utilities/9/

You may want to ask/look up Memories of Fear they do a lot of translations for rpgmaker games, I also think vgperson may have a few resources available.
Some details about LordBlueRouge post :
Dreamaker was made by KingKadelfek in 2008-2009 and the lastest version (3.8) works for any version of RM2000/2003 (even newer ones), but not XP. It does translate message boxes in events (so it only extract them from .lmu files), so you would have to open the game editor for database and common events. It's solid, though it might have some flaws.

vgperson also released a translation tool you can find here. It's more recent (she is talking about Dreamaker too) and has some more options (I think the one that can replace accented letters or other non ASCII caracters in filenames is a must have). Plus, it doesn't create other files (Dreamaker was creating other files in order to deploy)

For XP, you have scripts, and another version of Dreamaker too (5.3), which allows translation without opening editor like its predecessor. It works for common events, but not for terms in scripts (several extraction scripts don't have this option in XP, because it makes the engine apparently too slow). Note that you will need to do some manipulations to make it work in Windows 10 (in french, sorry).
--------
For other RM (I'm not so well versed in those ones):
If you're using scripts for XP-VX-Ace, you'll most of the time want :
- a script to extract in txt/csv/other file.
- a script to get the text back in your game.
Several scripts already exist to do that. What you want are two that are compatible, or easy to get along.
You also have other tools like RPGMaker Trans by Habisain , which is supposedly working for RM2000 to VX Ace games.

For MV, there are several engines, the most known being Translator++ (an update just poped up, by the way). You also have this online solution : http://gamestailer94.de/translator/. I didn't get the the first one to work and don't know about the second though.
There are also plugins, as there were scripts in other engines.

For RM95, I didn't look for a tool, but it would probably have the form of dreamaker or vgperson utility, since the data also work in separate files. You may want to try the polish website though, DragonKamillo being the more versed.
author=Marrend
A translation effort generally wants/needs access to the dialogs found within the game, as well as the database for items/descriptions and what-not. I'm vaguely aware of a text dump script for Ace that certainly seems like a quicker method to extract that data. It might be possible that the other engines that include scripting support (ie: XP, MV, MZ) have a similar extraction method, though I certainly don't know.

I have my doubts that 95 and TsuK/2K would have such tools. TsuK3 might have a tool to extract that data through DYN plug-ins, or whatever. I'm not sure what's possible with 2K3 and the Maniac's patch.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
vgperson has a brilliant RPG Maker 2000/2003 translation tool that I've tested and works perfectly, it even has support for accents and Cyrillic (check the readme file).

I was going to point you to: https://vgperson.com/posts.php?p=rpgmakerguide

But I'm disheartened to find that the website is now dead D:

Fortunately, I had downloaded the program and vgperson's explanation of it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl8l9c2xejb148c/RPGRewriter.zip?dl=0

I recommend using this program for your RPG Maker 2000/2003 translations!
author=iddalai
But I'm disheartened to find that the website is now dead D:

The site isn't dead, the url still work or have been fixed.

I've had issues with it but vgperson in person (lol) fixed the program so I can tell it works well even with the last version of rpg maker 2003

For those who are using Visual Studio Code I have made a vscode extension for RPGRewriter. :) It adds syntax highlighting for message commands / RPGRewriter commands and a preview panel for line length checks (text without message commands + 38/50 character limit shown in background, live while editing)

EasyRPG had also made a multi language feature on its player, and the lcftrans program can extract all the texts for it. Just it can't recompile LMU files back, it's for making a language folder and then make the game support all the different languages with a new language option on the title screen

Enjoy your translation!
Pages: 1