[RM2K]HOW TO MAKE A STAGE MUSIC CONTINUE PLAYING DURING BATTLE ENCOUNTERS?

Pages: 1
Hi, guys. Is there any way to prevent battle encounters from interrupting the stage theme? I tried to put the "Change System BGM" before the encounter and set it to "OFF", but all it does is just mute all the music. Maybe there's some other way exists? I know it was possible in Seraphic Blue, but it has its own customized (and very complicated) system, that I'm not sure I would understand.

Thanks beforehand.
author=Ven813
Hi, guys. Is there any way to prevent battle encounters from interrupting the stage theme? I tried to put the "Change System BGM" before the encounter and set it to "OFF", but all it does is just mute all the music.

Hi Ven813, hopefully someone will be able to go into more detail.
But I've used this trick a lot in several games I've worked on:

-In the Editor, second click the map with you music you want>Map Properties
-In Map Properties make sure BGM>Event Setting is selected>OK

for testing:
-Create a Parallel Process Event>
Second Click Contents>Insert>3>Play BGM "The music you want played"
Insert>1>Change System BGM>System BGM Type: Battle>BGM:"The music you want played"
Insert>2>Battle Processing>

Test this out in the maker: The music played on the stage, should be the same on played in battle without interruption.

If this doesn't work however, it sounds like there might be an issue somewhere that is preventing the music to be played correctly. Either on turn 0 in the battle menu or somewhere else.

Let us know if this worked. If you're still having some trouble, I'll go into more detail when I have some more free time.
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
Can't you just change the Battle BGM to the same song as your map?
author=LordBlueRouge

Many thanks to you! Though your method didn't work at first, so I try to change something, and then it started working as intended (to be precious: I added the "Battle End" BGM option with the same track). Thanks again!

author=Dyluck
Can't you just change the Battle BGM to the same song as your map?

Yeah, but it crops the music on victory.

Here's the exact event, if anybody's interested:
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
Just change the Victory Music to the same song too
Yep exactly - just set both battle music and victory music to the same music that you use on the map. (You have to do that for every map music then.)

RM will not interrupt a song if it's "replaced" by the same song currently playing.

EDIT: Oh I see that's what Ven813 already did, see the last screenshot... Never mind ^^
Pages: 1