SECRET SANTA SIGN-UPS 2020

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I have literally no idea who my Secret Santa could be, maybe they do know me very well or they just did some very good research. I'm on my toes waiting for the moment that Libby reveals the Secret Santas.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Muffle
In the review it says they have bad English meaning they're not native in English. That eliminates Liberty, Frogge, Ozzy...

I'm flattered
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=Frogge
author=Muffle
In the review it says they have bad English meaning they're not native in English. That eliminates Liberty, Frogge, Ozzy...
I'm flattered

Lol, I only got eliminated because it wasn't my first review.

Anyways, in all the years I've done this, I have only accurately guessed my Santa once: Archeia_Nessiah in that case.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Thanks so much for the LP kory! I never would have guessed, mostly because I thought you had a youtube channel for some reason so I thought the struggling with recording software stuff would eliminate you. Had a blast watching you play!
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Again, thank you so much for EvilQuest, Zakariya!
Thanks for the song CashmereCat! I'mma work on finishing up the game patch for the LP soon. If all goes smoothly it should be up before you go back to work.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Thanks again to AtiyaTheSeeker for your LP of Heaven's Gate! Also, mad props to Amysaurus for your OC's avatar embedded in it!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=Frogge
Thanks so much for the LP kory! I never would have guessed, mostly because I thought you had a youtube channel for some reason so I thought the struggling with recording software stuff would eliminate you. Had a blast watching you play!

Updates to Camtasia Studio prevented me from using the software as I had in the past. (ie. I had been using free trial versions for many years.) OBS is an interesting program. It has some things that are better than Camtasia Studio, but also many flaws too. I'm sure I'll master it after enough time.

Thanks to pianotm for the gift. I hadn't guessed it was you. Didn't know you had artistic talents.

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
It was El_Waka after all? I knew art OldPat got was Frogge! It was unmistakable!

Thank you, Waka! And Merry Christmas!

You're welcome Kory_Toombs! Merry Christmas!
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
Lol I've been found out. Ouch for the key.

Also Frogge is my secret santa?? BIG PLOT TWIST!

Thanks, man!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Yo bicfarmer!!!! THank you sooo muchhhhh!!! I can't believe I didn't realize you made it, I played your swap game from some time back and this game had a fair amount of similarities XDDD

Again, thank you sooooooooo muccchhh!!!! I so thoroughly enjoyed the game. I hope you had a nice christmas and I wish you a happy new year friend!
Yooooooooo Mirak! Thank you so much for these avatars! I really like them. You captured the original designs of the mascots with your own style to it. I even changed my Discord picture to one of them and now I'm making good use out of my Nitro XD
Thanks Pat for the review ;_; it was really nice and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope you can get that key refunded.

Also sorry Delsin, you were my santa but I just couldn't get anything done cuz some personal stuff was going on. I hope you enjoyed whatever Cash was able to get you, and sorry for dumping that on you in just a few days Cash.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Mwahaha! It was indeed I who Let's Played a run of Heaven's Gate for Marrend! And did it in-character too! And assumed Heaven's Gate MZ was a remake of the original!

Merr Crimmus, Marrend. :3

As for my own Secret Santa? Thank you for the review on Dates at the Gilded Dallah, Fomar m'dude! As well as for the copy of La-Mulana 2! I hadn't felt that Gnoll Dating Sim '20 was as good as my other works, but I'm glad it was a fun enough time. I totally agree on the battle start sequence -- I really should've gone with "X rolls for initiative!" given the D&D themes, lawl.

As for commentary on others' stuff: Waka, lovely work on a Qilue for Piano! It took me longer than expected for me to realize it was likely your pixels, so the confirmation is lovely. <3

Muffle, don't worry about it. Stuff comes up, and this year's been an absolute dumpster fire. You did give warnings on personal issues prior to the deadline, and you did put in an effort to get there. Cash's gift was surely made with love as he is wont to do. Please, don't beat yourself up over the complications. You'll get 'em next year, and Delsin's not the kind to give hard feelings. *hugs*
Ah! Thanks for the keys, Liberty! And for hosting the event!

:D

I'll have to do a Let's Play of Frostpunk for you.
author=Muffle
Thanks Pat for the review ;_; it was really nice and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope you can get that key refunded.

Also sorry Delsin, you were my santa but I just couldn't get anything done cuz some personal stuff was going on. I hope you enjoyed whatever Cash was able to get you, and sorry for dumping that on you in just a few days Cash.

Oh its no problem Muffles! You focus on you for a bit and we all hope you are feeling better soon. The holidays are brutal for peeps who work people jobs.
Oh lord, I feel so bad for you, Marrend. This is at least your fourth time playing Draug's Resurrection by this point. I was originally going to ask Liberty to make sure you specifically didn't end up with me again, but ultimately deleted that part since it seemed rude. Guess I should've kept it.

I had a suspicion something was weird, as writing it in first person is either the work of someone who's trying to be coy and thinks they're smarter than they actually are (it's actually a bad perspective to take, as it prevents you from properly talking about mechanics), or someone exhausted with the game and wanting a different take on it. And the cadence matched yours. And it makes sense that by that point you'd want to generally avoid battles and have little to say about the mechanics. And also why the download count didn't go up when the Secret Santas went out; you already had it. Aaand I think anyone who wasn't familiar with it would make a point of how different it all is structurally than other games. I am, again, not blaming you. What you did is perfectly reasonable considering your extended history with it. It was just a really poor roll for you to get. Again.

The point against you was that you kind of just... forgot some of the workaround for quirks you previously knew about. All the bugging out you experienced was (probably) all due to it running out of available memory per session. It's... definitely problematic, but I think it's beyond my ken to fix. The upside is that closing and reopening the game frees up that memory, so it's not hard for a player to work around. Just annoying. It's probably machine-based and the time it takes to run out would vary wildly per person (my personal testing has it freaking at about 1400 MB of used RAM), but I wonder if it's not worth giving some kind of a warning message when the player has played for more than, say, 30 minutes. If you wanna test it quickly, walk back and forth between two field boards really quickly, and see what the Task Manager (Crtl+Alt+Del) has to say about it.

And while I haven't yet re-reached Whiterock Volcano to personally confirm in context, for the door in the volcano, the Progress Log and dialogue should both mention that the key is back outside the volcano, at a monastery close to town. I'll admit I was pretty worried about Whiterock, as I did some time-based changes involving Chizuru to it without really checking on it, but it seems fine when testing in isolation. The only way you could've really screwed yourself was if it attempted to run a one-time program, failed via lack of available memory, and then you saved.

I briefly considered having Chizuru straight-up block you from going to Whiterock without a third member, but I'm ultimately leaning towards no, as it's fairly difficult to do, as it involves walking right by Marcia. Still, maybe I should make the warnings about Whiterock locking you in a LOT more clear, and make Chizuru even more irate if you don't have a third member.

While I'm here, not sure what to make of a lack of remark from wombats or Liberty, as it's applicable to her, too. I made the mistake the other day of looking at some old comments and remembering just how hateable most people find my artstyle. Hopefully, they're not too deeply disappointed. But, all in all, a bit of a disaster all around for me. I think for everyone's sake I won't be entering this again next year.
yeah ozzy im glad u had fun with the present, i had fun makin it!

speaking of fun i got a bunch of it from my gift too! thanks delsin! As soon as i jumped in i had a feeling i've seen this gam mak style somewhere, and its because alot of your RMN event games have that style too. The game is a pretty simple dungeon crawler and i just shoved a couple of stat boosters down fred's throat and then mashed Z to a happy ending. Couldnt beat the super boss but i saved the FUN and thats what matters
author=bicfarmer
yeah ozzy im glad u had fun with the present, i had fun makin it!

speaking of fun i got a bunch of it from my gift too! thanks delsin! As soon as i jumped in i had a feeling i've seen this gam mak style somewhere, and its because alot of your RMN event games have that style too. The game is a pretty simple dungeon crawler and i just shoved a couple of stat boosters down fred's throat and then mashed Z to a happy ending. Couldnt beat the super boss but i saved the FUN and thats what matters

Huzzah! Ye, it was originally being made in Rpgmaker 95 for a challenge...buuuut the transparency of tiles and a few other things weren't working right, even on the patched version, so shifted it to 2k3. Most of the music and music effects is from 95. Not sure if you bought the BOAT and got the extras on the world map, but it and prolly grinding for more stat boosters is needed for super boss.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
For what it's worth, the bugging out I was experiencing at Whiterock was happening literally every other map transition, regardless of how often I reopened the game after a crash, or how many battles I got into. Like, at one point, I was saving my game before exiting each map in preparation for it. Still, it felt kinda bad if I continued to force myself through that, so I decided to roll back to a previous save, and try someplace else. I never saw that bug again during that play. Still saved every other map transition, just to be safe, though!

*Edit: I also want to mention my post in the Misao thread, because, goddamn it, you got something, and this thread was as good an opportunity as any to get a different set of eyes on it. I'm hoping mentioning it there may serve that purpose as well.