SECRET SANTA SIGN-UPS 2020

Pages: first 123456 next last

It's that time of year again, folks! Time to get your share on~

What is this?
Why, it's Secret Santa, of course!

OH MY GOD! WHAT IS SECRET SANTA?!
It's a simple thing, really. Throw your name in the hat and get one in return. You are that person's Secret Santa and must keep the name secret from anyone! Then, before the due date below, you get them a present. On Christmas Eve, you will receive a gift from your own Secret Santa and happy fun times are had by all~

What counts as a present?
We usually like to keep it site-centric so stuff like reviews/media for games, short games that cater to that person's tastes, something for their game (resources/scripts/etc), a piece of fanart or fiction, a cool new avatar, something you think they'd like... that kind of thing. If you have a hard time coming up with ideas, you can ask me as an intermediary to ask them what they'd like.

If you have another idea for a gift, PM me and I'll let you know if it's fine.

So, how do you get in on this action?
Easy! Just give a holler in a comment below before the cut-off date. Simple, eh?

Rules are as follows:
- First rule of Secret Santa club. Don't talk about Secret Santa club.
- Second rule of Secret Santa club. See rule #1.
- In that same comment list a few things that are your interests or that you'd like to get. It could be a review for a particular game of yours, the fact you like legos and spiderman or something of the like.
- The cut-off date for joining is the 9th of December.
- You will have until the 22nd of December to send me via PM the gift for your Secret Santa.
- I will be posting who had whom in this thread on the 26th so don't go spilling the beans before then!

- If you suddenly need to drop out, PM me ASAP and I'll do some rearrangements. It would be preferable that you don't drop out, though.

- While it is not a requirement to have a game in order to join, it makes things a lot easier on your Secret Santa if you do. In the case that you do not have a game, put some thought into what kinds of things you like when you make your list.

- Please make sure your gift is of a decent quality. Put some thought and/or effort into the gift.

- Please do not include illegal or pirated items in your gift. Especially pirated games. I didn't think it needed to be said, but apparently, it does.

How to submit
- For video submissions, use a free-hosting video site. There's plenty out there - Vimeo, DailyMotion, Googledrive, Twitch and the like.
- Send me the link via PM before the due date.
- For reviews and artsy stuff, send me the text/image/etc via PM before the due date.
- Do not add your reviews, arts or videos to the site until I say so in this topic.

Santas >> Gifted

Liberty >>> Illy
Frogge >>> OldPat
OzzytheOne >>> Cap_H
pianotm >>> kory_toombs
Aldu >>> Avee
AtiyaTheSeeker>>> Marrend
Delsin7 >>> bicfarmer
Mirak >>> Aldu
Fomar0153 >>> AtiyaTheSeeker
Marrend >>> Acra
El_Waka >>> pianotm
Acra >>> psy_wombats
bicfarmer >>> OzzytheOne
Cap_H >>> Dyluck
OldPat >>> Muffle
Avee >>> Fomar0153
Dyluck >>> calunio
calunio >>> El_Waka
kory_toombs >>> Frogge
Cashmere (Benny)>>> Delsin7
Zakariya >>> Mirak
Yomi-chan >>> Zakariya
psy_wombats >>> Liberty
Illy >>> Yomi-chan

Any questions, feel free to ask~

Helpers:
Hexatona Elf
orochii Elf
Cash Elf
Fomar Elf
orochii Elf

On thin ice this year -
Xurxerth, Healy

Banned from future Secret Santas -
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I am ready to be a santa of the secret. Should hopefully have time for both this and christmas card with the pace I've been going at!

Edit: Woop! I forgot the wish list! They're in order of preference, but I don't really mind what I get so just pick whatever you want.
If you want to do pixel art or music, maybe something I can use in gammak? I mostly make horror games with 2k3 style REFMAP graphics. Can be anything from tree variations to some corals or something if you go the pixel art route, and for music as long as it sounds spooky I'm happy.
A few minutes long shitpost game I can laugh at. Don't have to spend much effort on it.
A review for any Two Strangers game would be much appreciated. Better yet, a let's play with commentary.
Or if you want to do fanart then any one of these characters?
If you just want to buy me a game I enjoy walking simulators, adventure games and platformers the most. In that order of preference. Please just go for something cheap at least if you decide to go this route.

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Sign me up coach.

Things I'd like in no particular order:
-Fanart
-A review for one of my finished games (which there are not many of I know)
-Horror assets of any sort, if they're graphics, it'd be neat if they are VX Ace compatible, otherwise whatever goes, wheter SFX or music.
-If you're willing a silly game is welcome.
-If you have no idea what to do, I'd welcome a game from Steam.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Yes! I'm even fat enough for the job and have the right color beard, this year!

Reviews of any of my games are always welcome.
Fanart.
If you decide to go the money route, I have a Dteam wishlist.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Absolutely want another shot, coach. Sign me up! I can draw art, write a vignette, or even play a game and offer a review. I'd prefer to give something free and artsy.

Wish List
  • Review of any game, but preferably my stuff from 2019 and beyond: The Painted Knight, A Maned Lioness, Dates at the Gilded Dallah, or A Child Called Ash. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, but do offer ideas on improvements?
  • Art of any kind of any characters from my games. Can be a drawing, pixel art, prose, poetry, whatever. If doing art for Tawny, Zeke and/or Carol from Painted Knight, I'd love to see your spin on them, as their sprites and face sets aren't my designs?
  • Art of my more obscure OCs. Show my imaginary B-list actors some luv. Will provide references later now, baby.
  • Barring those, maybe something from my GOG wishlist?

References of OCs I'd Like Art Of As A Prezzie
Artistic liberties are totally welcome. I find I borrow ideas from other peoples' renditions for my "canon" character designs. ;3

Jengo, a lion-bro!

Maia, a fox-babe! Now available in elf flavor!
Vixa-Cola Classic!

New! Vixa-Cola Elf!

Belle, a smol anthro kitteh!

Genevieve, a kitsune with human and furry forms!

Human form, casual outfit, big head ;-;

Fox-woman form, armored in tatami-do

Paige, a Felicia-style werecat!
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Most people who have posted so far forgot this rule:

author=Libbu
- In that same comment list a few things that are your interests or that you'd like to get. It could be a review for a particular game of yours, the fact you like legos and spiderman or something of the like.

I would like to sign up pls.

Weirdly enough I kind of know what kinda thing i want to gift this year, but i have no clues on what I would like myself.

Maybe something like idk:

• A review on one of my unreviewed gams made by me (not the group ones those are a diff thing)
• I've never gotten a dumb short game b4 specially made for me
• Thats it really... If at a loss, i have a steam wishlist.
Sign me up!

I would love a review, particularly of any of the following:
Arum Online
Illy needs to eat a mushroom, dream of being a racoon and then flip the world upside down to win
The Path we Travelled (swap in the middle 2)
Please don't worry about offending me with any low scores. I'd just be happy for them to get a review. All three of them are short <20 minutes each.

Of course feel free to do something different for me.

As for what I'll do for secret santa. Odds are I'll probably review one of your games, or if I know you well enough I might make a small game.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I thought this would show up later. Well, why not join, then? Sign me up, Liberty!

Things I would appreciate in no particular order:
If you do fanart, or fanfiction, of one of my myriad cypher games, I would probably be tickled pink.

Reviews are always welcome!

I wouldn't presume to think that somebody would make a game for me as a Christmas gift. I think this did happen once, though?

If you do an LP, I'd vastly prefer a written format. I know video is quite popular with the kids these days, but, I'm old-fashioned like that.
Sign me up!

Things I would like:

I like art stuff, be it pixel or hand-drawn or digital or anything. As long as it comes from you I'll be happy. I don't have a good character from my games so I'll just link a few of my OCs down this post. I'm happy with anything that you may come up with, really! Not necessarily art. As long as it's done with thought and not just get it over with I'll love it (If you really just want to get it over with, go for the steam gift route, I love new gams. Here's my steam wishlist)

Things I don't like:

I'm sorry, but I don't want any reviews of my games. I'm in the (slow) process of polishing them up and I want to put them in the best shape possible before landing them a score that would last forever. NOW, playing them and writing about them but not posting it on RMN is totally valid, and maybe it would make it grow out of the mold of "standard reviews" that boringly talk about graphics and sound bleh, so hey, it could work.

Characters for the Art route:

Breeze, the birb boyo

Arma, the chonky rat

Sanaa, the angery hyena

Jackie, the werewolf grill

Stickman, the stickman

pianotm
Is Jacky actually missing an eye or is it just closed?
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Only the stickman is loading for me.
author=pianotm
Is Jacky actually missing an eye or is it just closed?

She got a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas one year. Things happened. You should have seen the other guy.
pianotm
iunderstoodthatreference.png
That's kind of a short time-limit, isn't it?

Ideally, I'd like a review or some equivalent of Draug's Resurrection, but I realize trying to down what's a 30+ hour game in, uh, 12 days sounds like a pretty rough time. Liberty might not be pleased about it, but I'd totally be happy with a 'Working on a review. About 5/9's done. Like it so far.' if you can't make it under that time limit. Fanart I suppose is acceptable, too.

That's pretty much what I'll be doing in response, too. Review and/or art, in the style of DR (both battle and map sprites, probably multiple characters).
i'll join again i guess

i was gonna type out this big bullet list of stuff i'd like but im pretty sure its a bad idea. so i'm not gonna ask for anything specific. One thing though is that I dont want reviews of any of my games (i know they all suck so if u want to comment on any just leave a regular comment)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
In

I would appreciate a comic strip (3 panels), which is more about you than about my games. I made all of my games a long time ago and they're not anything I would present myself with now. The strip might be a messy doodle. No need to worry about your ability to draw, I know most of us fancy storytelling, tho. Take this as an exercise in keeping your writing small and to the point.

Ofc I would love any small puzzle or game or haiku too.
Yo, I'm in!

I mostly make games with RPG Maker 2k/2k3, so any kind of resources for that would be great. Graphics, midis, what have you. I especially like faceset graphics, but even a system set would be appreciated.

Not looking for any reviews of my games, but if you'd like to do a Let's Play of one of them that'd be great!

I'm a pretty big fan of the Stan twins from Gravity Falls, so anything relating to them would be great.

Finally, if you want to make a short dumb game for me I'd welcome it!
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
Sign me up, coach!

As for what I'd love to receive I mean uhm the usual stuff :)
Play my gams! Review em if you can or just leave your impressions! (Mostly for either Karma Flow or Psyche Locke).

Or fanart, fanart, FANART! <3

Or anything coming from your kokoro, really!
Pages: first 123456 next last