LOOKING FOR SCRIPTERS, CODERS, SPRITERS, COMPOSERS & MAP BUILDERS FOR A POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON MMO!

Pages: 1
I'm looking for people that know and have experience in Scripting, Coding, Spriting, Composing Music and Map designing an MMO game based on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and made with RPG Maker 2003. Please contact me at pmhmmo@gmail.com or at Fluffychu#6334 on discord! Thanks!
unity
You're magical to me.
Have you completed a game before?
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
You planning on paying these people?
author=Sooz
You planning on paying these people?

No, because its a non-profit games that gets OPTIONAL donations from members and staff contributions to keep the servers running.

author=unity
Have you completed a game before?

No. This would be my first completed project.

author=Dyhalto
Good luck...

Thank you very much. I hope I have that luck stashed somewhere...
What would your role be in the project?

Honest question because it sounds like you have an idea. But an idea is not yet a plan; not without several steps needed to get there.
author=Sgt M
What would your role be in the project?

Honest question because it sounds like you have an idea. But an idea is not yet a plan; not without several steps needed to get there.

I would be a map builder/developer <3
And I understand the honest questions, thank you for them :3
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Where's that post from Liberty. I know I saved it.

Okay, here we go.

author=Liberty
Please follow the rules!

When requesting for someone's help:

1) Be specific in your request, and give examples where relevant.
If it's a request for a resource, give a brief description of what you're looking for and be patient. Do not bump the thread it incessantly.

2) If you're hiring for a project, you'll need to be very thorough.
Give examples of your previous work, a link to images/information on the game, and tell us why we should care. Remember, you're trying to sell the project to people - they won't help you if they are uninterested. Also specify incentives/payment for helping with the project, if you are willing to give any. I have noticed a problem with these sorts of topics - IF YOU DO NOT CONFORM TO THESE RULES, YOUR TOPIC WILL BE LOCKED.

If you are requesting for someone else to help you make a project:

If you have just joined this site and do not know anyone, chances are that people are not going to respond to requests to make a project with you. Most people here are very busy with their own projects are not going to accommodate a random person they do not know. Your best chance is to network; get to know people, make friends, express interest in other peoples' projects, and provide feedback. Once people know who you are, they are much more likely to respond amiably to your requests, especially if you have done something to help them in the past.

These are the rules for this:
When asking for aid you MUST include at least as much information as someone who is creating a game page.

For those seeking help there must be:
- At least 500 words describing the game - what you're aiming for, game genre, story summary, systems planned, anything that will draw people in out of interest and what plans you have for the game itself. If you can't meet the word limit you don't have enough information to go looking for people to make the game with.
- 3+ screenshots of what you have so far or what you're capable of.
- Precise details about what you're looking for in people - what type of skills (mappers, writers, animators, musicians, etc); the skill level (beginner, advanced, professional); what you're looking to get out of them (a few sprites, 20 maps, an estimate of songs); what, if anything, you're willing to pay/recompense them with (nothing, monetary reward, t-shirts, something from the RMN store); the estimated amount/length of work (a few weeks, a couple of months, a year, until end of development).
- Past pieces of work, if applicable. This can be in the vein of written works, art, story boarding, games (even just flash ones) or anything that can show you have some sort of skill and the level of such.
- What you're willing to give in recompense. Is this a paid job? Is it an offer of some kind of service in return for the work? Do you expect free work?

In the case that a thread doesn't abide by these rules I will ask that it be updated. If after 48 hours it hasn't been, then I will move said topic to the Archives. I will not lock, so that the creator has the chance to edit and once edited, they may contact Liberty via PM and, if it meets the new rules, it will be moved back to the correct area.

In the case of rejection, topic spam will be met with warnings and/or bans, as per the site rules.

*Edit: Based on what you're looking for, what information you're providing thus far is...
- Precise details about what you're looking for in people (coders, spriters, musicians, map designers)
- Past pieces of work (there are none)
- What you're willing to give in recompense (there is none)

What you still need to provide is...
- At least 500 words describing the game
- 3+ screenshots of what you have so far, or what you're capable of
unity
You're magical to me.
Best of luck, but it's unlikely that you're going to get a lot of volunteers to work for free for a dev who hasn't shown they have the skills and drive needed to complete a project before.

I know a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon MMO is obviously what you're passionate about, but you might want to start smaller and aim for something you can do without a handful of volunteers for your first game.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I will give the same advice I always give for these cases: If you want other people to spend their time and energy on something for you, instead of whatever thing they want to do, you need to have some kind of compensation.

This does not necessarily have to be upfront money- you can offer some kind of barter, trade, royalties,* etc.- but very, very few people are going to just offer free labor because they're nice, because they've got their own stuff they want to do.

I'd also advise that this idea, while pretty awesome, is also a horrific pile of legal issues, so you're likely to get a Cease and Desist fairly quickly if it gets off the ground. Yes, even if you're not making money. That's how copyright works.

I encourage you to stick around and join some game-making events so you can get a better idea about how making things works, as well as getting some experience working with teams. Once you've got some finished games under your belt, you have a much more realistic idea how much freakin' work even a small game can be, and you tend to be more down-to-earth about your projects.**

*Royalties are not a great offer, since generally they're a few bucks at best

**This is not to say that you shouldn't dream big, just that you should be realistic about what those big dreams will require (and, in the case of a big MMO, that is BIG CASH MONEY.) (In the case of a Pokemon MMO, that is a license from Game Freak to use its intellectual property. Which also requires BIG CASH MONEY.)
Very cool to see this kind of encouragement these days.
This thread is a shining example of how much rpgmaker.net has changed over the years.

Keep up the good work guys, thanks for this ♥️.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I have created a sample thread for this very reason.
This is an example of how you show post one of these help threads.

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25381/
author=kory_toombs
I have created a sample thread for this very reason.
This is an example of how you show post one of these help threads.

To cut down on occurences like this, could we edit, kentona's post from 2015 to include:
"Before Posting Please Read This - Job Board Rules"

and include your example in the example section?

Another good one was this one:
https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/17150/

But I think your example might be better, cause it actually has a couple of replies and I think would fair better for future users.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=LordBlueRouge
To cut down on occurences like this, could we edit, kentona's post from 2015 to include:
"Before Posting Please Read This - Job Board Rules"

and include your example in the example section?

I'm not 100% sure about the title-change having any effect. However, it is absolutely possible to include kory_toomb's thread in there.

*goes and edits the post to add said thread*

author=LordBlueRouge
Another good one was this one:
https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/17150/

That thread is already being shown as an example of the kinds of threads the Job Board is looking for!

*thumbs up*

*Edit: Discussion of what could be done about future Job Board threads can probably be in the User Feedback section. As it stands, the OP has not contributed any additional information since my warning-to-lock post. The thread will be summarily locked at the appropriate time, should the information continue to not be provided.
Pages: 1