WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

Anita Blake: Guilty Pleasures - Laurel K Hamilton

It's very, very dark yet very, very sarcastic. I like it so far. There are a lot of original ideas here. You can tell she probably spent months planning out every detail of her world before writing this.
House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski

It's famous for it's mind-fuckery and unusual typography.

author=Miracle

You are correct. :P
That book has been on my to-read list awhile. It seems interesting, but does it actually have any substance besides the wacky structure?
In a word: Yes.

The wacky structure is directly related to what you're reading/what's happening in the story at any given time. It's actually pretty genius (or maybe I'm easily impressed; either way).

It's very, very immersive due to it being meta-as-fuck.

EDIT: If you do get it, make sure you get the full-colour edition.
i can attest to House of Leaves being very good

oh and

author=jakandsig
No I just think they should all die in a fire. Nothing much really.

you're not funny fyi
author=cho
i can attest to House of Leaves being very good

oh and

author=jakandsig

you're not funny fyi

I was being serious.
Please don't kill this topic with your monumental ignorance. There are gay members on this site so just keep that shit to yourself, I'm begging you.

(you don't have to respond, just gracefully move on)
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=jakandsig
Know what's cool? Being banned for saying really really offensive things.

Anyway, please continue an actual topic about literature. Thank you.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
jakandsig
Craze
Does My Head Look Big In This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah. It's the typical girl-at-high-school story with the stern principal and the superbitch rival and the assortment of best friends and the amazing crush the rival likes - with a hijab thrown in.

BIG IMAGE QUOTE
Wait, aren't you a guy?

1) I'm reading it for my Diversity class
2) I'm reading it for my Children's Lit class
3) It's an excellent book that taught me a lot about Islamic beliefs and was also an engaging read
4) By the end it'd turned the ~high school drama~ on its head by destroying the Girl's First Party sequence, even if it never actually became dark or anything
5) It's not just "oh no people might make fun of my hijab" but also inter-family conflicts about assimilation/individuality, people thinking that Amal (the narrator) is being literally whipped by her parents into wearing it when it's all about her own choice and faith, how other religions view Muslims, and much more
6) Let me stress again that while it is high school drama, what you expect the climax to be is totally different than the actual outcome. It's very surprising just how much people can differ in views on what is faith and what isn't within a single community of believers
7) It includes the lines "I go Chosen People on the other team" and "we'll die with a bag of chips in our hand and a tablecloth on our head"
author=jakandsig
A guy reading a book about a School-girl's life with her friends is not what guys should be reading. Like guys shouldn't read that vampire book that's popular with the girls now. It screams Rainbow.

jakandsig, I want you to meet this guy, I think you two would hit it off great.
I am now reading the Rangers Apprentice series by John Flanagan. The game would be great for an RPG. I wonder if it's legal to make a fan-game off a book as long as you don't sell it?
author=jakandsig
author=Link_2112
author=jakandsig
A guy reading a book about a School-girl's life with her friends is not what guys should be reading. Like guys shouldn't read that vampire book that's popular with the girls now. It screams Rainbow.
I like how you speak for all guys. Or that, there is some kind of guidelines for being a "man". Your probably a huge homophobe.

Here's an interesting one:

Based on the comic series of the same name!

Does that say 2 DISCS?

author=Ravenite1
author=jakandsig

jakandsig, I want you to meet this guy, I think you two would hit it off great.

Don't make Jankandsig angry. You won't like hulk when he is angry.
i am reading The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade (yes, warhammer novels)

this shit is hilarious in the way only dark fantasy can be

oh whoops i mean it's a beautiful story of love and loss or something
The Travels of Sir John Mandeville. If you ever want to know what medieval Europeans read for fun, this is your book. It was written in the 14th century.

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy by George LeCarre.

I just finished The Spy Who Came In From The Cold and before that Call For The Dead.

If you're ever interested in what the world of espionage is really like (none of that James Bond hooey) read this guy. The fact that he was an actual real life spook for MI5 informs every single aspect of his fiction. He is also a pretty brilliant writer.
The Divine Comedy. It's interesting so far, though I feel at certain points some aspects are going over my head...