by Tom Engelhardt
i read kafka on the shore

has anyone read it

man what the fuck is that book all about
i think that's the intended reaction
Leaf Storm by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
gabriel garcia marquez

thats the guy who wrote ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE

you need approximately one hundred years of solitude to finish that book god damn there are like a million characters and they all have the same name and they each live like three thousand years or something

pretty okay book though i enjoyed it
Yeah he's my favorite author. Leaf Storm was tough to get through, I'ma have to read it again.

Incidentally I am now also reading Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami, and Three Ways of Thought in Ancient China by Arthur Waley.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Just picked up Unseen Academics by Terry Pratchett. (literally picked up, I found it laying on a bench all alone at the airport)
Just finished Down There In the Darkness, by George Turner. Great dystopian sci-fi, with a harsh vision of the future, but also a glimmer of hope at the end. I've been thinking about revisiting The Way series (Eon, Eternity, Legacy, & The Way of All Ghosts), by Greg Bear.

On the non-fiction side, I'm in the middle of Ultimate Game Design, by Tom Meigs. I also finished a .pdf on building solar panels, plus another on making your own solar cells using a silkscreen process (aka the "Japan Method"). I've also been sneaking a peek or two at something innocuously titled Human Resource Exploitation Training Manual, from those rascals at the CIA.

Just discovered a manga about baking, called Yakitate!! Japan. How the hell did I not know about this?
post=206129
Just picked up Unseen Academics by Terry Pratchett. (literally picked up, I found it laying on a bench all alone at the airport)

SO THAT'S WHERE MY COPY WENT >:(
Faster than the speed of love.

An interesting read.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I recently read Deja Dead and Death du Jour by Kathy Reiches, the novels the TV Show Bones was based on. They're really fascinating books! They've really changed the portrayal of Temperance in the show- in the books she is much more social adept, and has a seventeen year old daughter. They're fantastically written and highly emotive, I recommend them to anyone who likes crime novels with a bit of a twist (the cases in both the novels are rather twisted, I must say)
got a signed edition of the fry chronicles so that's my current read
Fighting Angel by Pearl S. Buck.
If I had all the time in the world I would have finished Fighting Angel, but I don't so I didn't. Also I think out of 166 pages all I got was that Ms. Buck's father was very religious. She really does have a repetition problem!

What We Talk About When We Talk About Love by Raymond Carver.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Deathtrap, a thriller by Ira Levin. Holy shit, why have I never read thrillers before?

...of course, the awesomeness is diminished by having to write a medium-length essay on it tonight.

EDIT: sknfksadnfksanfksanlfn la klsdanfklsdnkflnsadlfn ksdnfklsdan homosexuality
Essays: Killing the Appreciation of Reading for Over 100 Years
The General in His Labyrinth and Freakonomics
post=Orig
The General in His Labyrinthand Freakonomics
I love Freakonomics.
it be koo. Is the sequel the same?
Same format and general idea, different scenarios.