WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

I've just finished reading 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower' by Stephen Chbosky. It's been one of my favourite books for the last 5 years and recently found out it was being made into a movie, so I felt a re-read was necessary. I'd recommend a read of it to most people, although I suppose it may be mainly aimed towards teenagers (I originally read it when I was 17).
author=Dazzzlar
The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
isn't this the really really masturbatory book that exists just so the guy could say "hey, look how good my taste is" by shoehorning stupid references to everything he likes into his novel at every turn

(i've never read it)
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
author=Ichimaru_Gin
I am currently at this moment, studying the Lord of the Rings, I am a huge Tolkien fan, (but I missed the festival! :(:( ) and trying to build an RPG on it.
PLEEEEEEASE tell me when you go to make this game! Have been and always will be a huge LOTR trilogy fan; have read all the books (including the Silmarillion). And don't feel too bad, I never get to the festivals; I want to so bad. If you do one day, post pics of it...

As for me, just DL'ed a boat-load of Ted Dekker books, going to start with either The Priests Graveyard or the BoneMans Daughters. Both of which are creepy books, but still good ~ ^.^
'The Elephant vanishes', written by Haruki Murakami.
Well ... Murakami is my favorite novelist, but some of the stories are strange - even for his notation.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
other forums...
Today I started "Infinite Jest" by David Foster Wallace.

A friend got me a copy from his university library, Turns out it's LONG.

author=NewBlack
Today I started "Infinite Jest" by David Foster Wallace
i hear this is good but the first paragraph made me want to vomit because it sounded exactly like some bullshit i wrote when i was 13

edit: what i'm saying is i read the first few pages and found it intolerable but hey let me know if it gets any better
The Anthropology of Medicine: From Culture to Method. Not sure if I want this next degree to be in medical anthropology so I'm studying up on it.
I'm reading:
The Immortals (final book in te edge chronicles)
and various Discworld books

going to read:
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tying up loose ends in A Dance with Dragons.

Gods, I love this series.
author=Kitsune Inferno

I'm still reading a Game of Thrones. I need to finish it so that I can move on to another one of the books in the series. It's just hard to stick to it since I already know what happens in this one from the tv series.
I'm currently reading Arabian Nights, way better than I thought it would be.
author=Kitsune Inferno

Is it interesting? I'm anxiously waiting for the paperback edition, but I heard people saying it is even slower than "A Feast for Crows" and that kinda put me off =/

I just began Brandon Sanderson's "The way of Kings", but there is some college stuff getting in the way.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I just read Utsubora, a manga about an washed-up author who plagiarizes a fan's work. I saw the cover on a shelf somewhere and picked it up on a whim. It was a great find! The art is really pretty and the story is sad and poetic and romantic... I liked it. Also, there's quite a bit of sex.

Really though, it's so pretty:

"listening"(audiobook) to Gooseberry Bluff Community College of Magic : The third rib.
author=yuhikaru
author=Kitsune Inferno

Is it interesting? I'm anxiously waiting for the paperback edition, but I heard people saying it is even slower than "A Feast for Crows" and that kinda put me off =/

I just began Brandon Sanderson's "The way of Kings", but there is some college stuff getting in the way.

I'm currently half-way through the second book of The Way of Kings series and it's quite good so far. I'm really enjoying the characters and their dynamics but I could do with less jumping back and forth. That's one thing I'm not big on in books - multiple perspectives. Especially when there's something interesting going on and they jump to another character half-way through. At least resolve that issue before jumping elsewhere, ffs!

I almost dropped the series altogether when it focussed on some random NPCs that we'd never heard of before. I can understand why he would do that but still, it was super annoying. I just want to get back to the characters I've grown to love over the series, not peek at the lives of some unimportant side-characters I've never met before. Sheesh!

That said, it is a good series and there's a lot of great ideas created. There are some points where I wanted the story to stay and linger a bit more - the comraderie of the Bridge brigade, for example, but that's my own personal bias. I love seeing people making themselves families.
author=Felix20
going to read:
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I'm a huge scifi fan, so I've read alot of those.
I'm not a fan of Hitchhiker's Guide. Actually one of the few times the movie was better. The book is just too messy for my tastes. I heard it's a book some people hate and some people love though.

I just finished The Demolished Man by Alfred Bester. T'was alright.
Next up is The Futurological Congress by Stanislaw Lem. It's supposed to be pretty trippy, should be fun.
Another large topic has appeared!
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
The moment I saw Orig's username, I was in prepared for a triumphant return, but then I saw it was just a necro. :(