WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

For shame! Why hasn't this topic already been made? Sure, it's cliche, but it's good cliche, like the hero getting the girl in the end, or the big black guy saving the main character from certain doom with a shotgun before dying an awesomely epic death. Or something. I dunno.

Anyway, please please please please PLEASE don't make any hand-quote "smart" remarks like you're reading the topic or the side of a cereal box. I'ma talking 'bout books, peoples! >:(

With that out of the way, I'm currently reading The Wandering Jew by Stefan Heym. Only thirty or so pages into it, but it's interesting seeing with empathy an angel who defied God by saying he would never serve man. Lots of questions concerning good vs. evil, wrong vs. right, etc. At one point one of the characters even says that the snake in the garden of Eden was a right to tempt Adam and Eve. For, what good does the brain and the brawn of man do if they live in a place where nothing bad can happen? Weird philosophical stuff like that. Yeah. :-\
i swear i created a topic like this a while ago. I will find it!!!

Anyway, i am currently reading the harry potter series over again. Currently up to the third book.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Ugh, have some taste.

Currently re-reading my collection of J. T. Edson books. Next comes Speaker for the Dead... again.
I don't think I've read a book in my life ... except in high school for classes. But with my free time, i never spend it reading books, which is not good. I need to start reading more XS
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Ghost Country by William Gibson

Currently re-reading my collection of J. T. Edson books. Next comes Speaker for the Dead... again.

J.T. Edson? Don't you mean Orson Scott Card? Or am I just being thick.
Actually I just picked up one of the R. L. Stine books. The "GooseBumps" series, you know. It's actually pretty interesting ...
This might be one of the first books I actually finish.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Rasta, where do you live? I need to come to your house and euthanise you.
author=Max McGee link=topic=2557.msg47241#msg47241 date=1227726936
Rasta, where do you live? I need to come to your house and euthanise you.

lol and why is that?
LouisCyphre
author=Max McGee link=topic=2557.msg47232#msg47232 date=1227723593
Ghost Country by William Gibson

J.T. Edson? Don't you mean Orson Scott Card? Or am I just being thick.

Once I'm done with my J. T. Edson collection, I will read Speaker for the Dead. I was unclear.
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=2557.msg47130#msg47130 date=1227668110
Ugh, have some taste.

Nothing wrong with Harry Potter. It's not a literary masterpiece, no, but they are fun reads.

Currently reading "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller.
author=VerifyedRasta link=topic=2557.msg47233#msg47233 date=1227723934
Actually I just picked up one of the R. L. Stine books. The "GooseBumps" series, you know. It's actually pretty interesting ...
This might be one of the first books I actually finish.

lol come to my house. I have just about every goosebumps book that was written.
LouisCyphre
And then maybe you guys can play LEGOs together.

...Scratch that, LEGOs are badass.
Yea I should come and we read Goosebumps and play LEGOs together :-*

No but really, those books are pretty cool, i can see why you collect them

and yes LEGOs are badass
For some random reason I started rereading The Wheel of Time series about two and a half weeks ago. I'm currently on book seven. No goosebumps for me, I like my books heavy enough to kill rabbits for dinner.
No time to read.

They don't let us read books in my classes. Only plays and screenplays :'(. Though the original script for Apocalypse, Now! is quite interesting...

If I were reading anything, though, it would be Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series. I'm currently in the middle of "Bearing an Hourglass" and would love to pick it up again, if I had a moment to breathe ever. (I highly recommend this series, btw)
author=aprilschild link=topic=2557.msg47355#msg47355 date=1227770644
They don't let us read books in my classes. Only plays and screenplays :'(. Though the original script for Apocalypse, Now! is quite interesting...

Uhh... what?
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
I just finished Brisingr, it's was long but a good read for me. I might just read the Ranger's Apprentice. Also reading a lot of manga and fan fiction.
I am trying to power through the last book of The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. Knife of Dreams or somesuch.

It is going very slowly.
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=2557.msg47130#msg47130 date=1227668110
Ugh, have some taste.

Now i'm up to the 4th harry potter book.