GOAL SETTING!

Pages: first 12 next last
I have the week of December 27th off. I want to set a couple actual gaem mak goals for the week, and actually report back on what I've done to accomplish them. I find I am best at actually doing things when I have some timeline laid out, and someone else is expecting me to do it. This way I'll actually be accountable to someone other than myself.

Anyone else wants to do the same is welcome to join in the goal-setting fun.
My goal is to take a nap so long that I reach a higher plane of existence.

... Also to finish spriting for my silly dating game.
My goal is to make a good demo game...thats all...

I'm learning
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I'm aimin' to have a demo out by 2021. Or not. I got other stuff that takes priority but I really wanna.

AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
My goal is to finish a short story starring my main OC, Raziya. Either writing a new tale to keep things fresh, or finishing this one that I quit writing months ago. I already have the basics jotted down for the new one, and I remember the gist of what I wanted from the one on hiatus.

EDIT: No promises for or against it, but I might get started earlier than the 27th?

EDIT 2: And that's just for this coming week! My goal this year is to do the "first outing" game for Raziya and her pals. Gotta introduce Maia, Nazreen, and Raziya's nemesis somehow. Let alone bring Jengo back into the fold. ;)
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Please Mirak, I'm counting on you to fucking DO SOMETHING commercial next year. I beg you, you miserable fucking idiot.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I wanna finish & release BOSSGAME!

I wanna make a small game or two... maybe like a month long apiece?

I want to... well, keep participating in the game dev communities I've joined!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
What's our goal?

To do our best!

No, boys. This year, our goal is victory!

*mutters of 'Victory?' turning into cheers of 'Victory!'*
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
I wanna start work on my next project, but I really need to know what people think of my last project before I start.

But let's be honest, do I really need to wait for feedback? I can start working right away, and then when the feedback for my previous project is at the door, I can use it to correct whatever flaws I was about to inadvertedly add into the new one.

So I'mma do that! Gonna start my new project now.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Marrend
What's our goal?

To do our best!

No, boys. This year, our goal is victory!

*mutters of 'Victory?' turning into cheers of 'Victory!'*

Over what?
Marrend
Well, Futch-and-Bright. I knew I was forgetting something! XD
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
So, goals for the next week? I have some goals set for 2021, but I guess there will be a separate thread for that (also I failed most of my 2020 goals)?

I guess my goal could be to organize game documents for all of my projects and gammak related ideas, so I can return to them one day (or not). That means Burnt Ones, Chain of Love, Left Behind 2 and ideas for Our Desolate Planet 2 and It Was Hot before She Got Shot. If I have more time on my hands and if I manage to change setting of wine to run Ace, I might create mapping tutorials for Maps Weekly 3. Alternatively, I could finally make Yes Ninja No and a gamepage for my micro games. But I think that the first goal is the only realistic one.
This week, my goal is to release a promo for the 2020 misaos. I will be releasing it on the 25th/26th if you live in australia,
please look forward to it.

After that it's archive stuff to the end of January.

I'll be free to do more stuff after that.

My real goal this year is to do a good enough job, so I can eventually help out with the queue.

I won't let you down.
Sooz
Go Misaolord go!!!
author=Sooz
Go Misaolord go!!!

Woa, too much pressure, can I take back my last statement?
The promo took about a week to do, it started out as a joke I sent to Cash
So like most things I've worked on: set your expectations, extremely, extremely, low. But yeah, it'd be cool to get a handful of winners this year. Really happy with what rpgmakeraddict and marrend were able to put together - there were actually lot of games released this year, which took me by surprised!

But yeah, Looking forward to what everyone else has planned next year.
Marrend
author=LordBlueRouge
Really happy with what rpgmakeraddict and marrend were able to put together - there were actually lot of games released this year, which took me by surprised!

It's a little funny to me to see you post this. Like, in my opening post of the Misao thread, I straight-up admit that I haven't been playing too many RM games, and that I borrowed your list to kick things off. TheRpgmakerAddict is arguably the True Hero of the RealmTM there, as he's probably actually played the stuff in his post. At least, I would not be the slightest surprised to learn if he did!

Though, saying that, I might add one more game to that thread in a day or two.
Sooz
LOL no pressure, just encouragement! I'm glad to see the Misaos getting some year-round love.
OK I'm setting a goal!

Sunday and Monday, I'm going to debug and submit a fix for the new build errors for the Mercury compiler on Windows. I've been having to use a hacked build script for a bit, so I should fix the issue. At the very least, if I can't figure it out, I should report the issue to the compiler.
Sooz
Go Emily go!
author=AlaskanEmily
Sunday and Monday, I'm going to debug and submit a fix for the new build errors for the Mercury compiler on Windows.

Welp RIP, it seems like that was fixed recently already :X

I'll make a new goal instead then. For some reason, drawing text has incorrect blending. My goal for today and tomorrow is fixing that.

See the black box around the text? That's not supposed to be that way.
Pages: first 12 next last