RPG MAKER IS ON SALE ON STEAM

Pages: 1
I don't know if this is common knowledge but in case its not I just wanted to let everyone know that a lot of the RPG Makers are on sale on Steam.

Most of them are significantly low on price 2003, XP, and VX especially

The newest one MZ is also on sale but as you can imagine its only a small discount on that particular one.

Anyway hope that helps some of you.

PS. I dont know if I posted this in the right part of the forum feel free to move it if this isn't the right place.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
This seems like a fine place to put it as any to me.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
It's on sale on RMW too. I'd recommend to purchase your engines or dlcs there over steam as you get them drm free.
author=Cap_H
It's on sale on RMW too. I'd recommend to purchase your engines or dlcs there over steam as you get them drm free.

Is this even true? When you buy them through rpgmakerweb, they do come with protocols that make you register them over the internet. (If your computer dies, you have to register them again.) And they do seem to have some kind of DRM. Meanwhile, the Steam releases you can play offline, and if your computer dies, you can just download them from Steam again.

I even remember refunding RPG Maker 2000 because it didn't have a feature I wanted, but I noticed that its game folder was still in my Steam folders recently. When I opened it up, it was the full package?? It ran as if I had purchased it. Like... negative DRM.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
A large bunch of software on steam doesnt seem to have an actual invasive DRM placed into it.
Not sure how many or which, but for example, running Aseprite's executable with steam not running will work like a DRM free copy. (Source)
Pages: 1