2D ILLUSTRATOR NEEDED

Pages: 1
We are looking to pay an expert Illustrator for an RPGMaker MZ project.

What we want from you:
An experienced two dimensional (2d) illustrator for a role playing game (RPG) (Prefer RPGMaker engine experience). We are looking for a skilled illustrator in pixel art and design to create style guide, cutscenes, intro scene, characters, landscapes, parallax, Icons, items, etc.

Requirements:
At least five years’ experience.
Fluent in English.
Work would take place via email and Zoom meetings.

How to apply:
If interested, please send a message to our RPGMaker.net mailbox (PowerParametrics), with your resume (if handy) and a list of games you have worked on (links would be nice).

More information:
Power Parametrics LLC (PP) is an organization whose purpose is to create an engaging and fun RPG game, whose players learn college level economic concepts. Most games are already filled with economic concepts, however, the economic terminology and jargon are not present. Therefore, if a player takes a standardized academic economic examination, they will not do well. Our approach is to match the jargon with the player experience. For example, an NPC name might be Monopolist (instead of Ogre Kronchabie).

About Us:
PowerParametrics (PP) was created by Toby Madden. Toby is from Minnesota and is a retired economist, educator and avid gamer. He is providing his retirement funds to achieve his long-time goal of creating a breakthrough in education technology.

Toby’s son Christopher is part of the PP team. He is an experienced teacher as well as has a Master’s degree in Education from Leicester University. He is fluent in English and French. Chris’s role is in story development, research and marketing.

Also, part of the PP team is Chris’s wife Hansol Na. She is from South Korea and is fluent in Korean, English and Japanese, and has a working capability in Mandarin. She graduated from Waseda University in LLB, and worked as an international business person for over 4 years. Hansol’s role is programming.

We have done an extensive review of the literature regarding RPG games as well as incorporating educational content into games. A draft of the gameplay and storyline has been created. We developed a proof-of-concept game developed in RPG Maker MV. We are developing the actual game in RPG Maker MZ. We do not plan on using the in-game battle engine, but more focus on exploration, quests, puzzles, avatar development, mini games and world building.

The game story- after a series of unfortunate events our hero is washed up on a mysterious island with an unknown population. The hero will make his way through the island discovering economic skills to predict the future and to build a wonderful life. Will the hero be able to rise up to the highest levels of power and be elected ruler of the island?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
A lot of this is a copy-paste of your other thread, and makes me think you could have just added another post to that thread regarding this position? I'm certainly no expert at such things.

That aside, it would probably help a lot, particularly in this community, if you showed some of that proof-of-concept. Another thing that seems distinctly missing from these threads is possible compensation. Or, if you cannot offer compensation, at least some viable reason a person would want to set aside whatever they might be working on to work on your project instead.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Marrend
Another thing that seems distinctly missing from these threads is possible compensation. Or, if you cannot offer compensation, at least some viable reason a person would want to set aside whatever they might be working on to work on your project instead.

He mentions pay at the start, though a budget or rate- or a hint thereof- would be good.
Hi Marrend,
Thank you for the feedback, we are new to this community and want to be contributing members in a positive way. We went back and forth if we should have two posts or one and we decided it was two different positions and that’s why we created two posts.

Wow, you have a lot of experience on this website and have contributed greatly! If you're interested in working with us as a senior technical advisor, please let us know.

It is a paid position. We do have a decent budget for this game, and can pay contributors enough to make it worth their time. We did not want to put one rate out since it might be less with someone with less experience or might be more if we get an outstanding person.

Here are some samples from proof of concept:

We want to make a great game. We are very serious about creating this game, a game that can covertly teach economic principles in a fun way.

Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Looking over the job description, you may get better success if you divide up the jobs among multiple artists- most artists seem to specialize in either the fiddly menu bits like icons OR the big fancy stuff like facesets OR tilesets.

It might also be worth your while to shop around for purchaseable assets (esp tilesets and the like!)

I'm personally a bit overrun with deadlines at the moment, but good luck!
Appreciate it, Sooz! Thank you for your insight.
Will keep you updated on our progress here.

author=Sooz
Looking over the job description, you may get better success if you divide up the jobs among multiple artists- most artists seem to specialize in either the fiddly menu bits like icons OR the big fancy stuff like facesets OR tilesets.

It might also be worth your while to shop around for purchaseable assets (esp tilesets and the like!)

I'm personally a bit overrun with deadlines at the moment, but good luck!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You should try Deviant Art if your serious about hiring an artist. There's a thread where you can post what you want and get tons of responses. But be prepared to pony up real money.

Like Sooz said above, the artwork for the character sets, etc... is a lot different than doing art for a character or a CG. But if you post in Deviant Art you'll get multiple replies with differing levels of skills.

Having hired artists in the past, I always try to be as detailed as possible about what I want the scene to look like (ie. for a background or CG), even going out of my way to google search samples from real life or other games.

Thanks very much for your suggestion! I'll look into that.
author=kory_toombs
You should try Deviant Art if your serious about hiring an artist. There's a thread where you can post what you want and get tons of responses. But be prepared to pony up real money.

Like Sooz said above, the artwork for the character sets, etc... is a lot different than doing art for a character or a CG. But if you post in Deviant Art you'll get multiple replies with differing levels of skills.

Having hired artists in the past, I always try to be as detailed as possible about what I want the scene to look like (ie. for a background or CG), even going out of my way to google search samples from real life or other games.

author=PowerParametrics
Fluent in English.

Lol.... Fail before send resume.
lol, sorry Tar-sama, we don't need someone with native English, just someone we can communicate well with. My wife who is working on this project is from South Korea and doesn't speak native level, but we communicate well enough :)
What country are you from?

author=Tar-sama
author=PowerParametrics
Fluent in English.
Lol.... Fail before send resume.
That's all right I just joking around. I will PM you. :)
Can't you tell from my profile? I am form Bird Paradise Island! (shh no tell private stuff here.)
Pages: 1