(SOLVED) [DYNRPG] SETTING A SKILL'S DEATH CONDITION IN DYNRPG DOESN'T WORK?

Pages: 1
This is a bit of a long shot, but I want to put it out there just in case I'm missing something. I'm working on a DynRPG plugin which takes values from .csv files and uses them to override values in a game's database. It's working fine for the most part, but I ran into an oddity while testing skill conditions. Changing the value for a skill's Death condition (whether the skill inflicts Death or not) doesn't seem to have any effect. I've tried it both ways, changing it from false to true and from true to false, and neither changes the skill's behavior. I finally tried the same with Poison, and that seems to work fine.

I'm guessing there's something special about the Death condition, especially since it's built-in to RM2K3 that the first condition always has to be Death, and there's more that needs to be changed than just the skill's condition flag to make it work. Does anybody have any insights on this? If not, I suppose I'll just put a note in the plugin documentation that the Death condition doesn't work as expected.
False alarm on this. Turns out I was off on how the RPG::skills->conditions array works. Even though the base conditions data uses 1-based indexing, like most things in RM2K3, the conditions array (and the attributes array FYI) within skill data uses 0-based indexing. After adjusting for this, I was able to change the Death condition on a skill and observe the effect in-game.
That's probably because PepsiOtaku defined it as RPG::DArray<bool> and not RPG::DArray<bool, 1> in Skill.h, but unfortunately this will now be very messy to fix because it would break existing code to change that, the only way would be to either use a define (but that can still get confusing) or a union with another correctly defined member but then the "good" member would have the unnecessarily weird name... welcome to the world of software interface compatibility.
Pages: 1