2021 MISAO NOMINATION MONTHLY DATA

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Mid-month update. We're at 72 total nominations as of this post! \o/

The notable games section will likely not be filled out until after the Floppy Disk event, concludes. As it concludes nearer to the end of April, this will likely translate to early May. However, let me remind you that the thread is open for mentions/suggestions!
Marrend
April stats have been posted! The month was a slow one, nomination-wise, with only 9 more nominations throughout the entire month. I'm still processing the Floopy Disk games, but I don't know off-hand which of them have gamepages that can allow them to apply for nominations. We'll see by the next thread update, hopefully!
author=Marrend
April stats have been posted! The month was a slow one, nomination-wise, with only 9 more nominations throughout the entire month. I'm still processing the Floopy Disk games, but I don't know off-hand which of them have gamepages that can allow them to apply for nominations. We'll see by the next thread update, hopefully!

Thanks Marrend, keep us posted on this one. I feel like a lot of good ones may slip through the cracks here.
Yes, keep going! This might not be getting that much attention right now, but it'll all be worth it in the end imo.
Floppy disk was a pretty big event, (congrats to waka! ❤) if anyone knows of any notable titles, uh. list them please! The ones I really wanted to check out were frogge's, illy's and esby's(where are they? these were cool, especially dance party and amort-like 1.5) but i haven't had a chance/don't know if they made the deadline - it's kind of been a hectic year where I live.

If you guys know of any cool ones please list em, maybe i'll bug you folks on discord.

EDIT:Detective Waka - GB Studio (YOU CAN PLAY THIS ON YOUR GAMEBOY!!!!)

Unchained rpgmaker2000 - Deckiller (this looks very cool)

The evil humans have invaded! Lord Hades is about to be defeated!
...Will his minions restore his power?

Tesseract-Quest by coelocanth Play here --- Download here (very cool lighting)

Get in. Get the McGuffin. Get Out. Try not to die.

Vacation Nebula Rpgmaker2000 Frogge (absolutely nailed the low palette 90s PC look.)

Are you feeling stressed? Has life got you down? A trip to the Nebula Resort is what you need!
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Maki and Racheal's fukken owns.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Oh wow, this is a very cool idea for a thread! :D
Get you hyped in advance for potential Misao nominees.
...Adding one more cool looking RM2k game from the very talented orochii peeps might of missed:

HYPER-DIGGER!! Fish your dreams in the hyperspace!

...And that's it from me!

Floppy Disk was a really big event with a lot of games. If you know of any other cool ones, feel free to jump in and list them. Waka is currently reviewing each entry. But in the mean time, coelocanth did a brief, neat, write up for each one.

(Will edit the link once HD has a gamepage)
Here's the playlist of games from the 1.44MB event that has actual game pages: https://rpgmaker.net/users/Liberty/playlists/121171/
Marrend
I've got, like, eight games to add to the notable games of April from the Floppy Disk event, even if their gamepages were accepted/submitted in May. Thanks, Liberty, for the playlist!

Still, it might behoove me to hold back on updating this thread until next week? That would approximately be the mid-month period.

*Edit:
Excerpt from https://rpgmaker.net/games/11969/?post=922103#post922103
In the meantime, please note the "Nominate" button between "Subscribe" and "Submit Media" on this gamepage, and support your local gamdev(s)!
Marrend
I'm a few days early, but, the mid-month update has occurred! There's a few more games where the suggestion of what categories to nominate them for are less certain. Except this game. Nominate that for absolutely everything. XD
Gonna add more to this later but before i forget, Kazesui's "Unbit"

Another contender and Floppy Disk Entry for best event game
Very Strong contender for the "How the hell did they do that?" Award
(this is an rpgmaker2003 game)

Despite the minimalistic visuals, there are some interesting parts, the music is also quite good and eerie, but I think that in the end it's all a series of sensations and experiences that cannot be explained, yeah, just try the game. It's strange but also quite short so there isn't much else I could probably say. UnBit is an odd game, a strange adventure that every player may interpret, so it's something that is quite difficult to rate or explain to those who still have to try it. It's original and bizarre but clearly inspired and creative. ---TheRpgmakerAddict

EDIT: Also Purgatory 1 but more importantly Purgatory 2, since it was released this year. for best non-english game
Marrend
Castlevanina - The Lost Belmont...

...and Final Fantasy Legend 3 Remake...

could be the "Best Lawsuit Waiting to Happen".
Marrend
Updated the OP with May's data, and added more notables. The nomination count for May was 14, bringing the grand total of nominations to 74. This increase in nominations is arguably still on the slow side in comparison to February and March's values.

I'm kinda concerned about viable nominations for "Sleeping Beetle Ninja" (I've tagged a few games in the OP to check up on as time passes), but more notably "The kentona Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Commercial Excellence".
author=Marrend
I'm kinda concerned about viable nominations for "Sleeping Beetle Ninja" (I've tagged a few games in the OP to check up on as time passes), but more notably "The kentona Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Commercial Excellence".

Yeah, same here. Originally when I was pushing the idea for the award, it was figuratively suppose to act as a "net" for games that have been over looked for the current year, because anything above 160 - 300 was considered a "healthy" amount of downloads on RMN? But in comparison to last year, where we had a lot of heavy hitters (Weird & Unfortunate, Therapist, BeetleNinja, Moonsong) there seems to be very few games released this year that have yet to reach above that 300 downloads or even the 160 threshold?

I dunno, we'll have to see how the rest of the year plays out. I'm still gonna do a promo for this tho. Maybe due to the pandemic, not a lot of people are playing games this year? Who knows, but it's certainly understandable.

There's currently a ton of games below 150 downloads right now. So anything is still fair game, unfortunately. We will have see how this progresses. However, ideally, how you should be using this award is: There's going to be a bunch of favorites this year, Detective Waka, Yume Wheeky, Purgatory 2, The Lady Puppet, etc. --- Anything that's left over that's below 150 downloads, something like Awe vs Ozzy, GOK/Grab Open Kill, Fatal Run Time, these games are perfect for that award. because they're great games, but for one reason or another, their download count has been very slow moving throughout the year - this gives them a second opportunity to compete in the misaos, when they'd normally be overlooked.

Kind of excited to see how this plays out.
We will hopefully get a lot more nominations in next month (July) since the first Misao Review event will be then and we'll be pushing people to play and nominate (will be throwing a bunch of prizes around for people to aim for, too, if able).

We'll probably be getting more games this month that are good because we've got two gammak events on - RMN Birthday which is prime for short, silly, funny games, and Gaymak which can be a mixed pot. That's aside from other games that come through (already a few cool ones have slipped in this week - Carpentry story (once the bugs get sorted) will likely get some love, and Forget-me-Not has that cute visual style that people like. There's also two in the queue that are waiting minor edits, which might make a splash as well.)
Marrend
We'll see how the RMN's 14th Birthday goes down. It's an event that uses the event-locker, so, users will have to submit separate gamepages for their entries. Assuming they feel such games should have their own gamepages. Maybe they might do something akin to The MirBox, which is a collection of event-games that do not otherwise call for their own separate gamepage?

As for the upcoming Gaymak event, the impression I have is that games made during such events have an unfortunate tendency to be overlooked entirely. Perhaps a case of "Sleeping Beetle Ninja" lies there. However, the general hope is that "Best in Positive Diversity" will have some healthy contention from that event!

*Edit: Added Forget-me-Not and Carpentry Story to the list, and added the link to RMN's 14th Birthday. Thanks for the game suggestions, Liberty!
Heads-up that the issue with nominating commercial-only games has been fixed. Now the Kentona Award should work only for games marked as commercial! (Thanks anky!)
Marrend
Can you explain how it's possible to nominate commercial games? For what it's worth, I've visited The Dungeons of Mysteria, Farewell, Eikon, Alterium Shift, and Sempiternal, and the "Nominate" buttons on each page are still disabled.
Marrend
Mid-month update! We are currently at 92 total nominations for the year. I'm not 100% sure which games from RMN's 14th Birthday have gamepages, but, I've certinaly not personally played any of them except for the only one that matters XD.