2021 MISAO NOMINATION MONTHLY DATA

Pages: first prev 12345 last
author=Marrend
I also refuse to believe there were not more notable games made/released in November?

Technically Notes From Province released Oct 31, but it could be Nov 1 depending on the timezone ;)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
To be fair, I generally go with whatever the date-stamp is after the application of my GMT offset. Though, as a point of curiosity, I checked the date-stamp when the GMT offset is 0? That date-stamp would be November 1st at 12:38 am.
...I was working on a misao promo for 2021. Between recovering from Pericarditis this year and vo.codes being down again.
Unless the server comes back online tomorrow, I think it's safe to say that the promo for this years misaos is postponed indefinitely :(.

If you've been following the Nomination November event I transposed most of the footage into Frogge's Misao Card idea,
which was a really cool idea this year. But yeah, I dunno I'm still really bummed about it. I mean, it sucks cause I've been working on this since September.

I dunno, it just really sucks. :(
I don't know if anyone is gonna get a chance to see these, since they're so late,
but these are the last two misao cards I was able to put together:

For the past few days. I felt like, maybe I could put something together, with another voice, (thank you for reaching out Cash!♥)
but health complications, returned, again - So, I'm just gonna take a much needed, long overdue break and try and figure out what this is over the next few months and just rest and recuperate and just focus on my health.

Thank you to everyone who participated this year. Especially frogge for his misao card idea, you kind of saved my work here.
And also especially Marrend for putting together this thread and tracking the numbers through this year.
This was no easy task. please thank Marrend, when you get the chance!

I'll probably add more to this, later on. I haven't checked the numbers yet,
But, I'm really happy with the turn out this year. Considering the year we've had.

Goodluck to all the Nominees!!♥♥
I'm just gonna quote LordBlueRouges post here cause it's awesome

For anyone looking to fill in Last Minute Misao Nominations:

Dread the Rabbit was originally made for the 1.44 Floppy Disc Event,
but sort of slipped under the radar this year. It currently sits below 150 downloads.

It's a really impressive randomly generated rogue-like made in rpgmaker2003.
If you've played anything like Chocobo's Dungeon, Shiren the Wanderer, this should be right up your alley.

it's also 100% eligible for the Sleeping Beetle Ninja Award!!
If you're having trouble filling in this misao category this year.
This should be your first choice.

This was one of the highlights for me for 2021.
Very very cool game Momeka!! ♥
Marrend
While it kinda sucks to hear that the Misao promo was lost, taking care of one's health is more important. The GIFs are, themselves, a gift, so I'm happy that LBR managed to pull those off.

The December numbers I want to record/post as close as midnight (at GMT 0) as possible.
Marrend
Close enough! December numbers are in! This month, we the total came to 419 nominations, which is a gain of 146 from last month!

Initial nominees are probably going to be available eventually through the usual means. Voting information is still forthcoming, as well as the process to to root out irrelevant entries. I don't pretend to know how long this will all take to sort out, but, please be patient! Thank you for your understanding, and I hope to have news on this thread as soon as it is able to be announced!
I also refuse to believe there were not more notable games made/released in November?
Sneks and Demons made "new and notable" in November if that counts. Although Frogge is the superior game.
It's on the frontpage, but gonna post it again here in case anyone missed it:

2021 Misao Voting (Vote here!)

The Nominees

Best Game Title Nominations
The most clever, original, witty, or cool game title of the year.
Yume Wheeky
―Purgatory 2―
Abdogtion
Our Dark Heart

Best Game Profile Nominations
The raddest presentation and marketing of the game.
Sweet Middleground 4 ~the sand castle~
Detective Waka
RMN Holiday Calendar
Everlasting Journey
Nihilo

"Eye Candy" Award Nominations
Raddest Graphics & Artwork. An excellent example of art direction and cohesive vision. ie - this is pretty AF!
Nihilo
A Vacation In Nebula
Our Dark Heart
Blood & Grime
Devil of the Mirror
EXCALIBURIAN!!
RMN Holiday Calendar

Summoner of Sounds Nominations
The best soundtrack and creative use of sound.
Nihilo
The Lonely League
Soma Union
DELUGE by riggy2k3
Dread The Rabbit

Excellence in Narrative Nominations
The project you think is most effective at telling its story. Think in terms of its presentation, writing, clarity, cutscene direction, or Shyamalan twists.
―Purgatory 2―
Nihilo
Our Dark Heart
Soma Union
Tales of Yuria: Mausoleum of the Gods
Legacy

The "How the Hell Did They Do That?" Award Nominations
The game that shows the most innovative and creative Gameplay this year.
UnBit
Nihilo
Dread The Rabbit
The Lonely League

Best Short Game Award Nominations
The best under-1-hour game that you played this year!
Detective Waka
Fatal Runtime
A Vacation In Nebula

The Dark Souls of RMN Nominations
The game that delivers the best challenges or coolest puzzles.
Dread The Rabbit
Legend of the Mystical Deer
Grab Open Kill

Punniest Game Alive Nominations
Comedic game of the year. Pick the funniest game you played this year, with the best humour and/or the best/worst puns.
AWE VS OZZY: The Game
Rejection - An RMN Birthday Game
Detective Waka

Trippiest Game Nominations
The game that was most strange, bizarre, psychedelic, offbeat, and quirky released this year.
A Vacation In Nebula
Fatal Runtime
Dememorize

The kentona Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Commercial Excellence Nominations
The best game that made the jump from Non-Commercial to Commercial status.
Deluge2k3
Placebo Love
Cover Your Eyes
A Thief's Voyage
Soma Union
Divided Reigns
Starless Umbra
The Dungeons of Mysteria

Sleeping Beetle Ninja Nominations
The secret best game you played this year that has a low amount (150~) of downloads.
Dread The Rabbit
LanVodis
Fatal RunTime
Oh No! It's My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend!

Year of the Deer Nominations
Best use of animals/doggos/pets/deer/lobsters in a game this year.
Yume Wheeky
Forest Star
Legend of the Mystical Deer
Abdogtion

Best Lawsuit Waiting to Happen Nominations
The best fangame made this year that might get the dev in trouble. ;p
The Lonely League
Castlevania - The lost Belmont
Zelda: The Trident of Power

Best Event Game Nominations
For the best of the event games that came from this year.
Detective Waka
Rejection - An RMN Birthday Game
The Lady Puppet

Not Dead Yet Award Nominations
Given to the best old game that was finally finished this year.
Everlasting Journey
Notes From Province
Nihilo

Best in Positive Diversity Nominations
The best game from this year that showed positivity towards diversity and LBGTQ+
None Pizza with Left Beef: Chapter 2
Fateless Two, Faithless Thee
Keeper of the Fog

Star Stealing Prince Award Nominations
The game that used the best original assets this year.
Errevale Fall
Nihilo
Abdogtion
Dread The Rabbit

"Everlasting Journey" Award Nominations
The game that has the most content to offer.
Everlasting Journey
Bloodstained Hands
―Purgatory 2―
EXCALIBURIAN!!

Best Non-English Game Nominations
Given to the best translated or non-English game released this year.
Three Forbidden Books - EINS - (Japanese)
BilouConcept - Aircraft3D (French)
―Purgatory 2― (Japanese)

Most Promising Demo Nominations
The demo released this year you think has the most potential to be amazing.
Nihilo
The Lady Puppet
Legacy
Everlasting Journey
Our Dark Heart
Onix Rift

Game of the Year Nominations
The absolute best game you played from RMN for the current year.
―Purgatory 2―
EXCALIBURIAN!!
Everlasting Journey
Nihilo
Soma Union

2021 Misao Voting (Vote here!)
Marrend
Thanks for the compilation, LordBlueRouge! I've put a link to the voting site in the OP as well. I also want to make a note here that the voting site was set up so that you have to make a vote in each category.

That said, I'm not inclined to make a thread for next year quite yet. Maybe in another week or so?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

So, for voting, we can enter any user name we want it seems. Ones that don't exist. Other users names. Seems like a legit system. I can vote 1000 times for 1 game, right?

Was something wrong with the old system, or just doing a poll for each category?????????????
Marrend
The old system allowed for the nomination, and voting, of games that didn't belong in various categories. That, and commercial games would not be viable at all, since they couldn't be nominated with the usual means last year (which we hope to fix for this year). This way, we can root out non-viable games from the voting, and include commercial games.

As for the user-names, I'm pretty sure that if we see a suspicious name, we'll strike votes associated with it from consideration.
On the round-up I can see the votes and various information from them so if you want to try to game the system, well, it won't really work out well for ya. XD

While yes, you can add different names, it still has the typical poll protection stuff like browser and IP checking, so it over-writes your previous answers and such. So if the first time you do your normal, then decide to change to a different name and cheat the system, it'll instead overwrite your normal. Suckage to be you in that case.
Ah, so that means if anyone changes their mind regarding their votes, they can successfully change their votes if needed? Good to know.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You can change your ip address using a vpn.
Also spreading your vote out a little could counter suspicion.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=kory_toombs
You can change your ip address using a vpn.
Also spreading your vote out a little could counter suspicion.

You can make an alt account on RMN and use a VPN too. What's your point?

If people are that motivated to cheat at something, they're going to find a way to do it come hell or high water.
Marrend
The main point of feedback that people dislike about this system is that it forces votes in each category. If we try external voting again, maybe just force a user-name and a vote for, say, Game of the Year? I'm mostly interested on other thoughts on this experiment, and how it might be improved, if we do this kinda thing next year.

Also, I've an eye on the "New and Notable" section to maybe kick off a similar thread like this for next year's nomination phase. Though, I also would like to know how useful was this thread was, and should I bother doing this kind of thing again for this year?
Marrend
The thread for this year's Misaos is up, following a similar format to this thread. While posts are welcome there, let's not entirely shift focus from the voting for 2021. In this respect, I highly recommend checking out LordBlueRouge's post here for a list of what's available for what category, and the link to the voting site we are using this year.

Don't walk! RUN to the Misaos!
Marrend
Friendly reminder: four more days to get your Misao vote in! Don't walk! RUN... to the Misaos! XD
Pages: first prev 12345 last