ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN THE "ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN THE "2021 MISAOS - THOUGHTS, IDEAS, PLANS" THREAD" THREAD

Pages: first 12 next last
If anybody has let the site down in the past 7 years it has been me. I haven't devoted the requisite time to maintaining and improving the site.

I am thankful for all of you - staff, members, secret staff ankylo, mods, Discord staff, and admins - for making RMN the rich experience it still somehow manages to be, despite being a site about a niche within a niche sitting in the shadow of an official RPG Maker site and Steam domain.

:thumbsup:
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
GROUP HUG!!!!
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
I have no idea what's going on in the Misaos thread, and I don't care. I don't envy being Libby nor Kentona, but I appreciate y'all. If you'll excuse me, my mapping frustrations tonight are making me really wonder if VX Ace is the engine for me.
author=Sooz
GROUP HUG!!!!

We have our ups and downs sometimes, but ultimately we're a community and what matters most is that we work to overcome the issues we have.

Looking at how far we've come, the things we've been through, the horrors and joys of the past... we're stronger from it all and will continue to be strong in the future.

<3
This is the only place on the internet that notices and respects me. I don't ever see me leaving you guys.

<3
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Sooz
GROUP HUG!!!!

While not a "group hug" shot...

...this screencap is still heartwarming as fuck.
"Let's hug, murderer of my childhood friend! :D "

I guess that's what makes it so heartwarming though.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
The A is for Awwwww
It fascinates me that I always feel welcome here regardless of my weird skill set (I've never used any game engine and I build games from a programming language). You managed to build a great inclusive community of passionate peoples. Here we can discuss, get feedback and experiment the various aspects of hobbyist game creation.

I must say:

You're doing it right !
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Shucks, it's not even just about RPG Maker. The community is absolutely why I stick around, and what inspires me to stay and work on... well most things, not just RM. I don't mean to sound hypocritical for my earlier post, but I mean what I'm saying.

I'm glad there's a separate post to try and sort things out, and this separate-separate post for trying to cool off feels very RMN in the best ways. We really are like a family: we may argue sometimes, but hard feelings don't last and we try to work things out.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
Just noticed this topic now. I am slow.

author=kentona
If anybody has let the site down in the past 7 years it has been me. I haven't devoted the requisite time to maintaining and improving the site.

What about everything you've done before those 7 years? Doesn't that count for nothing!?

Looking around the web, it's frankly pretty amazing that RMN is still here! That alone is an achievement, and everyone who made that a reality should feel proud of it.
RMN has outlived GW almost 3 times over (assuming GW lasted 7-8 years), I think that counts for something. I mean yeah the site hasn't been super updated or keeping up with the times in terms of usability and infrastructure but people still care about it. Idk I think the long lasting aspect of the site still has value considering you don't get quite the same thing from a discord or subreddit.

To put things into perspective I remember talking about newly released PS2 games back when RMN started.
Sooz
author=Darken
To put things into perspective I remember talking about newly released PS2 games back when RMN started.

Thank you I have just shriveled into a husk. I'm going to go sit on the front porch and tell kids to get off my lawn.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
hey with the microsoft discord acquisition we might find ourselves coming back to the forum full time after discord is butt-bothered into becoming skype 2.0.
I'm not sure what I'd do without this site. Being an unskilled artist at my age, I doubt I'd have the ability to nurture artistic skill in any capacity to satisfy what I'm looking for in my own games. Afaik, it's the only one that allows games (non commercially of course) to post games with rips in em'.

If this site went under I'd probably stop making games completely.
I mainly lurk but I am glad this place is still around. Also this thread title hurts my brain. It's like the land of lakes butter package.
author=Illy
I'm not sure what I'd do without this site. Being an unskilled artist at my age, I doubt I'd have the ability to nurture artistic skill in any capacity to satisfy what I'm looking for in my own games.

I think that's a lot of the reason I've enjoyed RMN over the years: It feels like online spaces for hobbyists and casual developers are gradually disappearing and it gets harder to feel comfortable when you're sharing mostly the same spaces with professionals, full-time indie devs, etc. I feel like this is one of the last places where I can go at my own pace and not worry about it.
author=Sgt M
author=Illy
I'm not sure what I'd do without this site. Being an unskilled artist at my age, I doubt I'd have the ability to nurture artistic skill in any capacity to satisfy what I'm looking for in my own games.
I think that's a lot of the reason I've enjoyed RMN over the years: It feels like online spaces for hobbyists and casual developers are gradually disappearing and it gets harder to feel comfortable when you're sharing mostly the same spaces with professionals, full-time indie devs, etc. I feel like this is one of the last places where I can go at my own pace and not worry about it.

keeping expectations low is my specialty!
Sooz
author=Sgt M

I feel like there's probably a subreddit or something but that would require posting on reddit so f that s

E: But yeah like I don't want to do games professionally (unless someone wants to throw money at me for art or something) I just want to shitpost with similarly-inclined dorks and put out weird shit that couldn't sell.
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
This is sickening... You all sound like chapters from a self-help booklet! Prepare yourselves!

Now, for my next trick, I will make you all disappear!
Pages: first 12 next last