MAKER SCORE NOT UPDATING

Pages: 1
I've noticed that my Makerscore didn't change for a long time, despite submitting several reviews, games, blog posts etc. to the site in that time. And I have a feeling that I'm not the only one, since others also seem to be stuck on the same value for some time, atleast the few people where I've noticed it. Is there some kind of bug?
It usually updates at midnight iirc, and as long as each thing has been accepted to the site.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Have you considered you might just be dead?
author=Liberty
It usually updates at midnight iirc, and as long as each thing has been accepted to the site.

It used to change the very next day, but it hasn't been updating for weeks now.

Well, there's monthly statistics published by Kentona, so let's compare the Makerscore values at the start of February and at the start of March of the most prolific member:

February:

author=kentona
16 TheRpgmakerAddict: 12342

March:

author=kentona
16 TheRpgmakerAddict: 12392

He submits multiple reviews every week, so I doubt that he only got 50 makerscore in a month and a week, which is equivalent to 1 review. I checked the review list and he submitted almost 20 reviews ever since the start of February statistics were published, yet he only got 50 Makerscore between 2nd of February and 8th of March, despite the fact that all of the reviews were accepted.

Hell, TheRpgmakerAddict got another 4 reviews accepted yesterday and yet his Makerscore is still the same, 12392.

Not to mention my own experience, my Makerscore didn't change by a single point for weeks, despite getting multiple submissions accepted.

I also updated the rating in one of my reviews a few weeks ago, on a game where I was the only one who reviewed it and the game still has the old rating despite the fact that the review rating has changed. That wasn't the case before.

So, there's definitely something weird going on.

author=Sooz
Have you considered you might just be dead?

No, but the site might be. :D
I would say that the overnight batch job is failing at some point, but I am not seeing the error in the logs. Looks like it would have started sometime around Feb 5th (judging by the dates on my old notices, which are supposed to expire after a week).

My guess is something is failing during the update makerscore loop for one of the users and the whole thing crashes as a result, and thus any other user after the crash isn't updated (and any of the other stuff at the end like expiring old notices) never happens.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Maybe the site just doesn't like some people.
author=Sooz
Maybe the site just doesn't like some people.

the site is sentient
author=kentona
I would say that the overnight batch job is failing at some point, but I am not seeing the error in the logs. Looks like it would have started sometime around Feb 5th (judging by the dates on my old notices, which are supposed to expire after a week).

My guess is something is failing during the update makerscore loop for one of the users and the whole thing crashes as a result, and thus any other user after the crash isn't updated (and any of the other stuff at the end like expiring old notices) never happens.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention

No problem!
So did this resolve itself or...?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Hrm. TheRpgmakerAddcit's MS is still reporting 12392. This number was noted with this post, and I'm sure he's written even more reviews since. It doesn't look like Beregon's MS of 1583 has moved since the last stat thread, which was posted about a day after this thread was posted.
Sooz
RPGMakerAddict is getting too powerful and the site is trying to stop them.
author=Sooz
RPGMakerAddict is getting too powerful and the site is trying to stop them.

the site is sentient
this is now fixed.
Pages: 1