SEVEN KINGDOMS (EXPLOITS)

Pages: 1
Well, I found a rather crazy pair of exploits in Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries.

Admittedly these exploits can't be used 100% of the time, but when you can apply them against a bunch of AI opponents it's a thing of beauty. Albeit, I only utilize the tricks against a single AI opponent in the video in order to just show how they work, but you can utilize them against multiple opponents depending on the map.

The maxim number I've managed to exploit with these tricks so far is four other AI kingdoms which is just two short of the actual maxim of six.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I found out that in Metroid if you enter the password JUSTIN BAILEY ------ ------ you can play as Samus in a leotard.
I don't know if that really counts as an exploit. Though, I suppose what is and isn't an exploit in some games can be a bit hard to determine. After all, you are using the password system to achieve an effect the developers may not have intended to occur. Much like how my exploit is using markets and other buildings the AI can't attack to forever cut them off from the rest of the map in order to make my own expansion easier. I can then combine this with another exploit to get the AI to delete its entire peasant population in a matter of minutes.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Well, I don't think Samus really appreciates having to run around a dangerous alien planet with no armor.
I can't imagine most people would like that idea, but I can't rule out the possibility that certain people might be into that kind of thing. After all, there are a noticeable number of people on deviant art that seem to be into things like vore.

At least based on some of the stuff I've run into while perusing through fan art.
Backwards_Cowboy
owned a Vita and WiiU. I know failure
I remember similar strategies in some Starcraft campaign levels and popular fan-made maps. The AI prioritized attacking certain units and structures over others, so with careful positioning you could force enemy units to meander around non-offensive structures while a ranged unit continued to fire on them. Larger units were more susceptible to this as they couldn't squeeze through the minimum space between buildings. While it was difficult to stop tiny and small units in this manner, you could still disrupt swarm formations, seriously compromising the AI's ability to overwhelm your units.

Age of Empires II had AI that was weird about walls. If you completely closed off an area with walls, they would attack the wall and break through. But if you built a series of walls where there were no closed off areas, the AI would often prefer to wander through your maze while taking fire from towers and ranged units rather than try and break down the wall.

author=thesacredlobo
vore

I came here for classic RTS exploits and all I found were morally questionable fetishes.
Oddly enough there is no minimum distance between structures in this game. Which is why it's possible to completely shut down the AI with markets in the first place. In fact, you can use other structures the AI doesn't care about for this trick as well like science towers and inns, but those buildings cost more to build and maintain since all of your buildings come with a yearly maintenance fee on top of their initial build cost.

Markets: 60 Gold to Build, 30 Gold to Maintain
Inns: 60 Gold to Build, 60 Gold to Maintain
Science Towers: 200 Gold to Build, 200 Gold to Maintain

In all honesty the only upside to using science towers for this trick is that they can fit in some areas that inns and markets can't. And that's because they are narrower than those structures. So they can be useful in closing certain gaps if the AI's starting position is near water. Though, I'll admit I haven't tested if the AI prioritizes attacking harbors over forts or not. I usually only see the AI focus on attacking forts and war factories. So they might be a useful option for this trick if the AI starts out near a body of water.

Though admittedly I usually don't place harbors in areas the AI can reach. After all, I tend to destroy my initial harbor on sea maps after I've moved from the mainland to an island I can have to myself. I then build a new harbor if I feel I'll need additional transport ships to move my units from one place to another.

Though, I'll admit I'm not as fond of sea maps as I used to be. After all, the AI is really bad on those maps since it really doesn't try that hard to protect it's harbors from your caravels and galleons. And the AI doesn't always build new harbors after you've destroyed them either. So it's possible to isolate yourself from harm while being able to build up a massive army for a D-Day style invasion. Admittedly those invasions don't always work, but the sheer amount of damage you can do to the AI with waves of siege weapons over the course of a few in game years will eventually kill it's economy.
Pages: 1