YOUR GAME IDEA IS TOO BIG

Pages: first 12 next last
Here is a simple tool to check if your game idea is too big !
Backwards_Cowboy
owned a Vita and WiiU. I know failure
At first I thought "Wow, 'Expertly designed and polished GOTY contender!' is only $8,000? That seems low." Then I saw the disclaimer at the bottom.
The amount becomes crazy expensive when you check multiples boxes. It seems exponential.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Well, the approximation do the thing yourself with all boxes checked was on the order of over 9 million years. The budget to put together a team to do the thing was in the hundreds of billions.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I thought this was just a general statement of fact applying to every game idea.
I don't need a thread to tell me what I already know

:(
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Is your game too big by default? Tbh, the only thing I added were platforming and puzzle elements for $200. If someone creates them for me, it's a good deal.
JustAShyDoge
Still a dumb and shy doggo
Why is my basic RTP games without any checkbox ticked already worth $1000. I knew I shouldn't have uploaded my games to rmn for free, I'm being scam on broad daylight!
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=JustAShyDoge
Why is my basic RTP games without any checkbox ticked already worth $1000. I knew I shouldn't have uploaded my games to rmn for free, I'm being scam on broad daylight!

It's not worth, it's cost.
$2,160 seems awfully low...
Maybe I should add online PvP.

edit : Oops, I added GOTY Contention alone and now it's $19,440 :O
Is that all the judges need?
Sooz
Your game is so big NASA had to take thumbnails via satellite
I think you're mistaken, your game idea is too small.
Sooz
Your game is so big, when it starts up power goes out in three city blocks
Your game is so big, when I picked it up at Gamestop, it wouldn't fit in my car
Sooz
Your game is so big it can only be saved in a storage unit
Your game is so big it doesn't need to be distributed online. It's already world wide.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ancient Chinese wisdom known as Dao has a saying. Sometimes it sounds like a good idea to flip a stone to check if there's a snake beneath it. Your game idea is too big, if it can't fit a floppy. Your idea too complicated if it can't be expressed in three pictures.
My project's estimate was $1,200.

It has an open world, but it's not vast. It has puzzles and platforming elements. It has voice acting, but it's only for the player character.

It has things that weren't listed, though . . .

My project has different dialog and map elements depending on the player's choices. For example, on the first map, Harold is crushed and impaled by his own weapon! The player draws Harold's sword from his heart, battles a Slime, and Harold's remains digested! If the player doesn't slay Harold's remains, they will become autonomous and escape the battle! When the player meets Therese, she will kill herself on another map after encountering Harold's remains! If the player slays Harold's remains the encounter with, Therese will be different.
The main thing this tells me is that people are really undercharging for their (mostly free) plugins, art and requests. Indie game makers get a really good deal and never appreciate it.
Been there, done that. Where do I go to pick up my $2.5 million in exposure bucks?
Pages: first 12 next last