[RMMV] SIDE VIEW BATTLE SYSTEM BACKGROUND

Pages: 1
In RPG Makers MV/MZ I notice that when using the sideview battle system, the battle screen cuts out about half of the upper background image (battleback2). Not only that, but there is too much flooring anyway. Is there any way to change and/or fix this? Any scripts or plugins for this?

I even tried expanding the window, but I get a black screen instead of the the upper background.

Are there any plugins for this in sites with other languages?

There are examples of the side view battle screen here :
https://rpgmaker.net/games/11880/images/

comparisons here:

I basically want the BG of the side view battle background images to appear as they do in the normal view. If it's possible to do this with resizing the backgrounds (GIMP), which sizes should I choose?

https://i.ibb.co/wg05fXC/Sewer2.png

This was an attempt. I could do this for my second project.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

There's probably a couple of ways you could do it, but Gimp is the best place to try it. Scaling the image is likely the best solution. I would place both images on layers and see what the difference is perhaps. I'm sure there's a way to efficiently do this.

There's probably something in the game's code you could copy over from the front view to the side view to also get the job done, but I only use VX Ace, so I'm unsure.
author=kory_toombs
There's probably a couple of ways you could do it, but Gimp is the best place to try it. Scaling the image is likely the best solution. I would place both images on layers and see what the difference is perhaps. I'm sure there's a way to efficiently do this.

There's probably something in the game's code you could copy over from the front view to the side view to also get the job done, but I only use VX Ace, so I'm unsure.

That's the only way I think, but I know how to do it.
This is by design to give you more room to have the actors and enemies vertically displayed however you have a point that this should be something that the user can easily change.
Edit or override this functions:
Spriteset_Battle.prototype.locateBattleback

It is by design as mentioned, but if you are making your own custom battlebacks, it is easier to size them to match the screen with exactly the perspective you want.
The backgrounds that come with the default resources are oversized and use the upper or lower part depending on front or side view.
author=EFFERVESCENTWARE
This is by design to give you more room to have the actors and enemies vertically displayed however you have a point that this should be something that the user can easily change.
author=EFFERVESCENTWARE

I would have to edit the pictures manually to move the background image further down (leaving a blank top) and shrinking the floor image size (making the room for battlers smaller). What would be the best way to do this?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Is there some way to know by how much it shifts? If that function could be found, maybe you can edit from there. However, maybe I'm blind, but, I can't seem to find anything about the battleback, except for...

Game_Map.prototype.setupBattleback = function() {
    if ($dataMap.specifyBattleback) {
        this._battleback1Name = $dataMap.battleback1Name;
        this._battleback2Name = $dataMap.battleback2Name;
    } else {
        this._battleback1Name = null;
        this._battleback2Name = null;
    }
};

...this.
It's here - handling the sprites.
The battleback is a TilingSprite (which means it repeats infinitely in both directions)
Spriteset_Battle.prototype.locateBattleback = function() {
    var width = this._battleField.width;
    var height = this._battleField.height;
    var sprite1 = this._back1Sprite;
    var sprite2 = this._back2Sprite;
    sprite1.origin.x = sprite1.x + (sprite1.bitmap.width - width) / 2;
    sprite2.origin.x = sprite1.y + (sprite2.bitmap.width - width) / 2;
    if ($gameSystem.isSideView()) {
        sprite1.origin.y = sprite1.x + sprite1.bitmap.height - height;
        sprite2.origin.y = sprite1.y + sprite2.bitmap.height - height;
    }
};

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I never think to look in the sprite classes.

*nervous laugh*
Pages: 1