WANTING TO JOIN A TEAM! I OFFER YOU MUSIC!

Pages: 1
Hello,

I've become a little burned out creating RPG games lately, however, I've been wanting to do Music for a video game by joining a team. I'm not looking to get paid unless you're trying to sell the game even then, it's about the money for me, it's just having a creative outlet and a drive to do music. I mainly just want to be a part of a project that is working towards completing a game and wanting a soundtrack (That I can provide). I have some samples here;

https://soundcloud.com/olinkingion/albums

There are two albums, both sound pretty different from one another. If you like what you hear, feel free to reach out to me. Thanks!
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=Holydragoon
Hello,

I've become a little burned out creating RPG games lately, however, I've been wanting to do Music for a video game by joining a team. I'm not looking to get paid unless you're trying to sell the game even then, it's about the money for me, it's just having a creative outlet and a drive to do music. I mainly just want to be a part of a project that is working towards completing a game and wanting a soundtrack (That I can provide). I have some samples here;

https://soundcloud.com/olinkingion/albums

There are two albums, both sound pretty different from one another. If you like what you hear, feel free to reach out to me. Thanks!
One thing I've noticed about musicians like you, me and everyone else at rmn is how gamedevs tend to not really consider a custom soundtrack a thing their projects need or the soundtrack being very very down in the priorities list, even though it's such a big part of world building in an interactive medium like that, so this position (musician) gets overly saturated with experienced folks who have little chance to keep developing their skills.

I took a listen to your stuff, and it's pretty decent! I would love to hear a bit more variety of samples according to genre of game, but that's another unfair thing to ask someone about when we rarely get the chance to compose for such varied projects right? I'll keep you in mind for my future game plans! It's always super nice to not have to carry the entire load of resource making myself.
Hey Mirak,

Thanks for the feedback and I agree with everything you say, it seems music tends to be a low priority, and thanks for calling it decent, I kind of slapped it all together in two weeks and just got into the swing of things.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Yoooo. I may have to give you a look sometime. I can imagine that musicians are seriously underrated in the RM community, as many people fawn over getting those illustrious custom graphics (and mostly character sprites and tilesets at that). But if it's one thing a great RPG needs, it's a great musical score.

In other words, once I get the disposable income (maybe a week or two from now), I may just give you a look. What are your rates for a one-minute loop, if I may?
Hey Atiya,

No rates just wanna help :) It would be fun to challenge myself into creating a soundtrack for a video game. What would help out is knowing the theme and seeing screenshots of the areas that require a song.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Oh. Well. I'm... I'm not sure how to answer that, but I'll try.

My game is a work-in-progress right now. I don't know how soon I'll get even a demo out, let alone a gamepage, but I imagine mid-summer at the earliest. I also don't feel great accepting an offer for free, but I am weird about asking for free stuff. I am also using songs not only from another site but from this site as well.

If the time comes where I get a page up for my game, and you're still interested, I could oblige you then for a song or two? The tl;dr is "lion girl goes on adventures with friends in faux-Greek D&D world". There's elements of slice-of-life mixed in with dungeon crawls, something like Persona but not quite. If that entices you, I could even post some WIP images and video clips from my current build?

Regardless, thank you for the offer. I really hope someone is able to work with you, whether or not I'm one of those people.
Pages: 1