GENERAL FEEDBACK TOPIC

Pages: first 12 next last
Okay, so we've got the Screenshot topic for feedback on the graphical side of our projects but what about the imaginative/technical/theoretical side? I suppose we could each make a new thread to ask if our butt looks big in this our super-duper space fight extraudinaire with flashing lights and space-bar mash-a-thon would sound fun. Or whether you should be able to edit a character or have static stats in your dungeon crawler or... or... or...

I think you get the idea.

So here's a topic to get feedback for your ideas. Two rules though -

ONE) ONLY FEEDBACK/QUESTIONS OR IDEAS IN THIS TOPIC PLEASE. DON'T TALK ABOUT LAST FRIDAY'S DELICIOUS CHICKEN MEAL OR HOW THAT IDEA IS CRAP BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS BLAH BLAH BLAH*

TWO) IF YOU POST AN IDEA A LEAST POST ONE FEEDBACK OF SOMEONE ELSE'S IDEA AS WELL

This topic is to generate feedback on each other's ideas and to help said ideas develop.

* - Flaming is not tolerated. Constructive criticism is.
Flame: That idea stinks.
CC: I don't think that idea would work because...
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I've been wanting to re-work Pimp for some time now. Scratch everything I have and rebuild from the ground up. I just have grown to like the cast of characters and the setting I made for them.

Yay or nay?
From what I see there could be a bit more effort done with mapping and the story sounds okay. If you want to do it, go for it.

I'm gonna give the demo a little play through and see if I can suggest anything else. ^.^ Or not - as the link isn't working.
LouisCyphre
It's my original project, so even to me it seems a little sad. Especially compared to 1873.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Strongly recommend scrapping Pimp, but seeing as I haven't actually played it, take that with a grain of salt.
LouisCyphre
It's been scrapped. I'm just toying with the idea of un-scrapping the concept of.
Alright i have been slowly plugging along on a demo of Demon Destiny 2 but i just have one question. Do you think creating an ABS is better than the default turn based battle system?

The new battle system i am developing will be very similar to Final Fantasy XII.
Liberty, are you the same Liberty that helped make the Dragon Quest slimes in the resources part of this website? If you are, I want to say thank you~! I'm using them for my newest project (a Slime/Dragon Quest fangame), and I didn't want to ask anyone to do it - I'm a bit shy about that kind of thing... *blush* But still.
author=Fallen-Griever link=topic=2582.msg47789#msg47789 date=1227961465
author=demondestiny link=topic=2582.msg47774#msg47774 date=1227945105
Alright i have been slowly plugging along on a demo of Demon Destiny 2 but i just have one question. Do you think creating an ABS is better than the default turn based battle system?

The new battle system i am developing will be very similar to Final Fantasy XII.

Since I absolutely love that battle-system, I think you should definately go for it. It's the perfect combination between the realism of an ABS and the strategy of an ATB.

Thanks. I'm sure to use it now.
Max McGee
DD please god do not use an ABS. ABS in RM are terrible. Especially Demon Destiny's. It fucking sucked. Argh. Do not use one. You are not just shooting your game in the foot, as the expression goes, you are shooting your game IN THE FACE. Just about EVERYONE HERE AGREES WITH ME, by the way, just most of them aren't saying anything.

Unrelated:
These are the non-combat skills for my new project, ACTIVE PROJECT #5, to be launched following the full game release I have planned today of my current ACTIVE PROJECT #5. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions about what they do.

S.L.I.D.E.R.S.
Stealth
Literacy
Influence
Demolitions
Electronics
Repair
Security
author=Max McGee link=topic=2582.msg47848#msg47848 date=1227983245
S.L.I.D.E.R.S.Stealth
Literacy
Influence
Demolitions
Electronics
Repair
Security
S.P.E.C.I.A.L., anyone?
Max McGee
The game is set in a post-apocalyptic setting and may feature mouse support, so I'm not hiding anything there.

Is that a good or a bad thing?

Also, SPECIAL was attributes. These are skills. Sizeable difference but yes, it is obviously an homage.
Demondestiny, I think ABS is a bad idea for your game. Demon Destiny was virtually unplayable with its' ABS.

I would also reccomend you brush up on your grammar and give your new game better flavor text.

As for what I am working on, I am making an RPG about Chefs. Iron Chef-esque battles with plot and character development. I figured i'd best make my first public game simple, lighthearted and different from the tired old cliche quest game or overdone horror wannabe game.

Chef you mean cook? If so it would be damn right interesting :D

Anyway, for my games nom-mech battles I decided to set for 3 types of skills:
-Close combat - swords, beam swords, daggers, martial arts etc > Lowest damage, but best hits, almost no miss
-Ranged - Guns, rifles, machineguns, beam weapons - low accuracy (distance) but strong hit, nearly death to low armor characters/enemies.
-Ether craft - Spells - Both good damage and hit, but cost EN proportional to the advantages
I'm thinking of making a game with a Greek mythology theme to it.

author=Clest link=topic=2582.msg47872#msg47872 date=1227992242
Chef you mean cook? If so it would be damn right interesting :D

Anyway, for my games nom-mech battles I decided to set for 3 types of skills:
-Close combat - swords, beam swords, daggers, martial arts etc > Lowest damage, but best hits, almost no miss
-Ranged - Guns, rifles, machineguns, beam weapons - low accuracy (distance) but strong hit, nearly death to low armor characters/enemies.
-Ether craft - Spells - Both good damage and hit, but cost EN proportional to the advantages

Yes, Clest, I mean cook. The story centers around two chefs battling
for recognition in the culinary world and to make their restaurants well known.

Austra: Well I prefer norse or celtic mythology myself, but greek is also cool, what matters is how you execute it.

Asa: That would be awesome, It brings me the suikoden cook duels to mind (best cooking minigame IMO).
author=Max McGee link=topic=2582.msg47848#msg47848 date=1227983245
DD please god do not use an ABS. ABS in RM are terrible. Especially Demon Destiny's. It fucking sucked. Argh. Do not use one. You are not just shooting your game in the foot, as the expression goes, you are shooting your game IN THE FACE. Just about EVERYONE HERE AGREES WITH ME, by the way, just most of them aren't saying anything.

Thanks for an honest reply but i am still making one. This one is shaping up better than the last one and you won't have to keep pressing the enter key over and over again.
My current project, though as of yesterday I'm taking a break, is a megaman fangame called "Megaman X: The Return of Wily" It uses the DBS and DMS, which I know isn't very impressive, but I think the visual aspects and the franchises translation from a traditional platformers to an RPG is what's really going to be a hit. Also all of the cutscenes will be done completely with pictures, which will be a new venture for me, but I'm sure I'll be able to give you something amazing.
Pages: first 12 next last