REPLACING FF MUSIC

Pages: 1
Well, I don't really have issues with that "Squaresoft sin" that a lot of people seem to have. If the music fits, you should feel entitled to use it. BUT if you're really convinced, and thus looking for music outside of the FF universe, I suggest... well, *shrug* taking a tour around Blue Laguna?

Unfortunately, all I really listen to are video game soundtracks except a few classic rock things... <<
LOL My music tastes are kinda similar to Suzu´s :P

Best bet are more obscure RPGs, or you can pick some known theme and edit with a midi editor, I remember exchanging instruments and tempo for FF6 boss battle and it felt quite different :P
I don't have anything against FF as far as music in games goes, I just don't like commonly used VG music. Unfortunately FF usually qualifies for that...

I'd say the best way to approach this isn't so much "I want these tracks replaced" so much as "I want music for this area." It would be nice if you posted the atmosphere/area you intended the music to play in. Yeah, obscure VG music is probably the way to go. I'd post suggestions if you put up the area stuff.
Sorry, I can't say I've managed to complete any FF game at all, (I started after using RM for a while and was already sick of random encounters), so I had no idea where the pieces came from. Some suggestions:

A - I'll think of something later, I'm sure...

B - Maybe the boss music from Donkey Kong Land? It's upbeat, sort of, but also has empty areas. Meh.

C - Try Olivine City from PokeGSC. Sounds weird, but there's a fair remix on VGmusic that sounds pretty good in this application.
dragonheartman
Developer, Starless Umbra / Heroes of Umbra
If you are into MIDIs, vgmusic.com will probably have something you can use.
Bjorn Lynne is a good MIDI composer with FREE MIDIs!

http://www.lynnemusic.com/midi.html

I found that a lot them work for RPGs.
Pages: 1