THE WORD FILTER ON NEOPETS IS CRAZY

Pages: 1
I've been spending a lot more time on Neopets lately since the Altador Cup is currently on and I like to add All-Star trophies to my account, but got hit with multiple warnings about trying to make an inappropriate post since I referred to the objects were kicking into goals as balls. And according to Neopets the term balls is inherently sexual even when it is used in reference to a game about virtual soccer/football.

Sadly, the term balls isn't the only odd word to be banned on the site. You also can't refer to your abilities with a game as skills since it contains the word kill in it.

You also can't post all of the answers for the cliffhanger game on your pet page since one of the answers is "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword" which the site considers inappropriate because it considers pen is as a way to get around the filter for a word for male genitalia.

Jeez, I wouldn't be surprised if they've effectively banned hello at this point because it contains the word hell in it.
Backwards_Cowboy
owned a Vita and WiiU. I know failure
You think Neopets is bad? Webkinz won't even let you use that word.

I remember about fifteen years ago or so I was at my uncle's house for a Christmas party and we were messing around with my little cousins' Webkinz accounts. Tried to make the meanest "video" we could in one of the mini-games on the site (more like a PowerPoint presentation) and had to use "not good" any time we wanted to say "bad".

There's being kid-friendly, then there's overkill. Not that you could bring that to their attention, since it has "kill" in it.
The weirder part for me is that I'm guessing most of the people that still hang out on Neopets are probably 30+. Since were the only kind of people that would have strong enough nostalgia for the site to put up with all the staffs failings.

There are multiple features that have been broken or in beta for over five years now.
Backwards_Cowboy
owned a Vita and WiiU. I know failure
author=thesacredlobo
The weirder part for me is that I'm guessing most of the people that still hang out on Neopets are probably 30+. Since were the only kind of people that would have strong enough nostalgia for the site to put up with all the staffs failings.

There are multiple features that have been broken or in beta for over five years now.

I don't think I've touched the game since shortly after they were bought out by Viacom in 2005. Right around the time free MMORPGS became accessible to the average person, and shortly before I discovered emulation.
Sadly the site has mostly only go downhill since Viacom bought it. Though oddly enough the site is now owned by JumpStart Games whose owned by NetDragon, a Chinese Company.
It is very true haha ​​I agree with you, the filter is very crazy
Pages: 1