[RM2K3] RPG MAKER 2003 COMMUNITY IS DEAD

Pages: first 12 next last
no more great games being made with rm2k3 anymore. back in the year 2010 was when many great games by it were being made. all the great games made by it are long gone now. no longer available. they used to be on sites like megaupload etc... that was taken down.
Check out the archive thread. And we have literally had a new game from 2k3 added to the site this week...
Why didn't anyone backup the games to Internet Archive? Ugh . . . now I'm wet to play to some games I'll never get to play! In all seriousness, if these games are so great, they're probably here somewhere.

Have you tried searching for them on this site?
Makes sense it'd die out since it was made in 2002 which is before most people who use RPGmaker could read.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Lmao I guess all of the people who've made all these amazing 2k3 games the last couple of years don't count inside the rosy tints of 2010's nostalgia.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
What games are you referring to? Like, I don't pretend to know how many users used TusK3 back then (2010 is when I joined this site, by the way), but, the general trend seems to be more toward using the official English release of the software, when it is used. There are still plenty of gamedevs that use 2K3, and bemoaning the "death" of the 2K3 community when it is still very much active (even if the projects are on six-year plans, or whatever) is irresponsible at best.
2019's Game of the Year Misao winner was a 2k3 game.

RM2k3 is still alive and well. The games might not always be front and center like they once were but it's pretty ridiculous to say 2k3 is dead.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Yeah, I certainly haven't made any games in 2k3. Games like Almari or Hero's Realm: Heroic Edition (which zDS and I wrote the soundtrack for) aren't actually being developed. The site members Sidewinder, LittleWingGuy, and Red-Cube are just a figments of our imaginations. Games like Ara Fell and Wartools plainly don't exist, or if you don't think they're great games, that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

I mean, at least pay attention to what's going on in the site's games list before saying developers aren't using an engine anymore.
Go to "Games" > "Full Games List" --> set Engine to "RPG Maker 2003" or "RPG Tsukuru 2003", mark the Dowload Available box, set Sort to "Date Added" or "Ratting" and click APPLY !

Looks very alive to me !

Moreover EasyRPG let you play all these games on a lot of new platforms like Linux, OS X, 3DS, mobiles and in your browser !

RPG Maker 2003 community is not going to die anytime soon !
author=Shinan
Makes sense it'd die out since it was made in 2002 which is before most people who use RPGmaker could read.

I'm not going to lie, that made me LOL but, do you have a statistic to go along with your theory?
I mean, yes? A lot of younger people came in to the series through Ace and MV. In fact, Ace was targeted towards a younger audience which is why RMW is catered more towards a child-friendly atmosphere - because a lot more kids were using it through school and the like!
No money to be made making games on rm2k3(tsukuru), especially since a lot of us used ripped graphics, sounds, etc. So a lot of rm2k3 devs are just evolving with the times, and setting their sights on a more wider range in terms of using dev engines and maybe make an extra bit of coin with each project they produce.
author=Liberty
I mean, yes? A lot of younger people came in to the series through Ace and MV. In fact, Ace was targeted towards a younger audience which is why RMW is catered more towards a child-friendly atmosphere - because a lot more kids were using it through school and the like!

I didn’t realize we were in the minority. I feel kind of conflicted now.
you have left plato's rm2k3 cave
author=EFFERVESCENTWARE
I didn’t realize we were in the minority. I feel kind of conflicted now.

For many, RPG Maker was an introduction to gamedev, and "moving on" to a more powerful engine is increasingly the norm, especially for those who are looking to make gamedev a career or at least a significant source of income.

Older people who stick with RPG Maker (a good chunk of this site) tend to either be hobbyist devs or people who are just really pressed for time. Like I've wanted to try another engine like Game Maker or Godot but I guess it makes the difference as to whether a game takes me two years to make, or whether it takes six.

I mean, you can take RPG Maker XP or VX Ace and code a word processor in it using the script editor, just using RGSS as a kind of Ruby runtime environment (like Java), but it probably wouldn't be feasible for some kind of mass-marketed product.
author=Liberty
Check out the archive thread. And we have literally had a new game from 2k3 added to the site this week...
all the games that i wanted lost on megaupload are nowhere to be find anywhere including the archive you have. the only ones that can be find are the ones posted on some sites that is unknown to most but almost none of games lost from megaupload that ive looked was found on any of these sites
author=Mirak
Lmao I guess all of the people who've made all these amazing 2k3 games the last couple of years don't count inside the rosy tints of 2010's nostalgia.
nope not any really good games by rm2k3 in last couple years for me. due to the fact new rpg maker's have been out so people will now put less effort in making rm2k3's games because they see others are more interested in games made by the newer rpg maker's
author=pianotm
Yeah, I certainly haven't made any games in 2k3. Games like Almari or Hero's Realm: Heroic Edition (which zDS and I wrote the soundtrack for) aren't actually being developed. The site members Sidewinder, LittleWingGuy, and Red-Cube are just a figments of our imaginations. Games like Ara Fell and Wartools plainly don't exist, or if you don't think they're great games, that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

I mean, at least pay attention to what's going on in the site's games list before saying developers aren't using an engine anymore.
lmao developers still using the engine means jack squat. look how many views on youtube videos with rm2k3 games get now compared to games made by new rpg maker's software and not to mention the fact years ago games made by rm2k3 had much more views. and where did i said developers aren't using the engine anymore? learn to read. you just assumed thats what i meant based on your guilty mind
Don't triple post. You can have multiple quotes in a single post.
Pages: first 12 next last