[RMVX ACE] CHANGING CHARACTER GRAPHIC AND THEN BACK (LATER IN GAME)

Pages: 1
In my game, I want to change the main character's appearance (disguise) without losing equipment and also have the same Level.
Later in the game he needs to change back to his original appearance and, once again, maintain the current Equip. and Level.
I changed to the disguised character with add, remove party member. The Levels were the same so, I don't know what would happen if they were different. He also lost his Equip. Probably because the engine sees it a completely different character.
Would like to know if there is a way to achieve this.
(There is no particular Level where the change back would occur.)
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Inside the move route event there is the option Change Graphic, it will simply change the assigned event (or player) appearance to that of the spritesheet of your choice. I cant remember if the change is permanent or if leaving a room will set the sprite back to it's "true" one but this can be avoided with a common event that is called in every room the disguise should be on and makes sure the player has it everytime until it's not necessary anymore.
Marrend
Guardian Ghost of the Description Thread
I think the Move-Route method would work on a permanent basis? As in, it would not change unless another Move-Route changes the graphic. I'm not 100% sure of this, actually. However, there is the event-command, "Change Actor Graphic" that does... pretty much exactly what it says on the tin.

You can find this event-command on page three, among the last items found within the "System Settings" sub-section.
Change Graphic in Set Move Route worked perfectly. Thank you both!
Pages: 1