ARTICLE TRADE

Pages: 1
Is there anyone skilled at the mathematics that would like to please me by creating a tutorial on mathematics? It's about the only thing I find difficult when dealing with battle systems. An idea generator would be great.

I'll make a trade! Someone write one for me and I'll write one for them, and then someone else can request something while offering a different type of article. (I'm fairly comfortable in writing in any other category other than mathematics.)
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
What kind of mathematics? Just stuff solely related to the battle system? I assume you mean crap like damage algorithms, ATB timing, and so forth.
What about writing articles about South Vietnamese style animal husbandry and horse training?

Not that I can help you, since I'm absolutely abysmal at math, but I'm curious if you're write an article about anything else.
Actually, I think it'd be cool if we set up a little contest or something where people submit game-making articles. We could judge them or something.
author=WIP link=topic=26.msg269#msg269 date=1181410357
What kind of mathematics? Just stuff solely related to the battle system? I assume you mean crap like damage algorithms, ATB timing, and so forth.
Basically: Example algorithms with how "to do" said things in commerical games, or re-create it. Helps build ideas, and flesh out bugs. Also, this would greatly encourage the development of custom systems that bring some life to a game instead of relying on the DBS because it's "beyond grasp" sort of dealie.

I know the math has always made it hard for me, personally.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Ah okay. I could probably do an article about various algorithms I've discovered. I've written a bunch of them.
Pages: 1