[RM2K3] TROUBLE MAKING A PNG IMAGE HAVE TRANSPARENCY

Pages: 1
I'm trying to make a Limit Break system for my RPG game, so naturally, I must make custom facesets for this. I'm having a bit of trouble with the transparency though, I'm using Paint.Net and saving as .png 8-bit, but I can't seem to get the transparency to work.
https://imgur.com/uYLHGWx

This is the Faceset I'm trying to achieve transparency with. The right side just appears as black.
Have you tried using the import image feature and clicking on the black part to denote it as transparent?

Sometimes when you just put an image straight into the folders, the image will have another colour chosen to be the transparent one, so you have to actually use the import feature in the engine to manually pick what's the transparent colour.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
RPG Maker 2000 and 2003 do not support image transparency by default, this is why importing a transparent image will not work. If you try to import any PNG with transparency somewhere that area will look black in the engine.

To achieve transparency, instead of leaving transparent areas in your image, you need to use a background color that the faces/sprites do not use. Most people use pure/neon colors, since those are not often used in the artwork or found in nature.

Some samples of those colors are these:

So, if you upload that faceset with, say, neon green behind:

When you import it to 2k3 using the program's Resource Manager, this preview window will pop up:

When it does, CLICK on the green portion. You'll notice the green portion will start blinking. This means that color has been selected to be the transparent color. Click OK to import it and the next time you use that face in-game, the green portion will not show up, instead that portion will be transparent.
author=Mitchell95
I'm trying to make a Limit Break system for my RPG game, so naturally, I must make custom facesets for this. I'm having a bit of trouble with the transparency though, I'm using Paint.Net and saving as .png 8-bit, but I can't seem to get the transparency to work.
https://imgur.com/uYLHGWx
This is the Faceset I'm trying to achieve transparency with. The right side just appears as black.

shit, i tried fixin it in infranview and this is what happened:

So you want the gauge to appear black and purple and the right to remain transparent? I can do that too. one sec.

EDIT: shit, what mirak said.
Thank you all so much for taking time out of your day to help me. I really appreciate it! I got it to work perfectly!
author=Mitchell95
Thank you all so much for taking time out of your day to help me. I really appreciate it! I got it to work perfectly!

... ouch... sorry to late, but ... well... you try w...
Pages: 1