MY MOM'S NEW BABY

Pages: 1
Apparently my mom has gotten over losing Lacey and Rosette this year and has decided to get a new fur baby.

Yeah, my mom really should have gotten her a bigger blanket!

For the curious little Magnolia is a golden retriever that cost $1,700. And that was a massively reduced price since she and her litter mates were originally being sold for $3,0000.

As far as I'm aware the drop in price isn't because of health issues but because they wanted to move her as quick as possible since she had been at the pet store for about a month or so and was the last remaining puppy from her litter.

If anything I expect her biggest issue will be trying to avoid getting an annoying nickname since Magnolia really doesn't roll of the tongue in my opinion. And apparently my mom agrees considering she's already starting to call her Maggie after I suggested she'd end up getting called Mango for short.

And yeah, Roselyn really isn't a fan of the newest addition to the family.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Mango is a nice name for a doggy!

I'll probably have to save that for one of my pets down the road since my mom's already got everyone calling her Maggie for short at this point. Though her potty training hasn't been going that well so far. In fact, it went so poorly yesterday my mom was threatening to get rid of her for a little bit. To be fair, she works at a nursing home and has to deal with old people having accidents. So it's probably a lot more stressful for her to come home and deal with a dog that decides to poop in her bed time crate and pee on the one carpet in the backroom for stomping your feet on to get rid of snow then most.

Of course, the secondary issue with her potty training so far has been that little Magnolia thinks she's a baby goat. As a result she will eat anything in the backyard she can swallow if you don't manage to stop her in time. At this point I know she's swallowed some grass, a small leaf or two, a small nut, and at least one tiny pebble. It makes taking her outside a bit more of a pain in the backside then most like since you have to watch her like a hawk and basically try and prevent her from getting stuff in her mouth in the first place. Since she really doesn't respond to commands like "no" or "drop it" yet.

Hopefully she'll grow out of that habit before she does major damage to her insides. Since she really shouldn't be eating that kind of crap in the first place.

And in other news my brother's girlfriend came over with their dog Freya the other night and this led to a lot of barking and a few attempts by Freya to bite Magnolia when she got close. Of course, it looks like the biggest issue may have been Freya getting jealous over my brother's girlfriend giving Magnolia attention. Which is a bit weird considering I know Freya is an utter pushover. Jeez, I was walking her that night for a bit and she tried taking off running when a dog about a 1/5th her size started barking at her from someone's backyard.
Pages: 1