[RMMV] PROJECT TEST TOOL

Pages: 1
Hi all! I am a tester of one project on rpg maker mv and ran into a problem like this. I need a tool to roll back the state of a running project - to double-check different options for dialogs, cutscenes, etc. Please advise whether it is possible to do this with the built-in tools of the engine, or if you need some special plug-in or program. Thanks in advance for the options.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm somewhat confused by the statement "roll back the state of a running project" when the text that follows seems to indicate to me what amounts to the practice of save-scumming. In other words, loading a previous saved game with the specific intent to get a better/different result than what was previously obtained.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=01banana10
Hi all! I am a tester of one project on rpg maker mv and ran into a problem like this. I need a tool to roll back the state of a running project - to double-check different options for dialogs, cutscenes, etc. Please advise whether it is possible to do this with the built-in tools of the engine, or if you need some special plug-in or program. Thanks in advance for the options.
RPG Maker doesn't natively log actions I think, there is no logged history of sequential events that you can access in order to roll back to specific points on-the-go.

Your best bet and most likely easier option is to do what Marrend says and put a save event in the map that you can use to save scum to points of interest everytime you need to.

Oooor, you might want to look into "debug plugins". Maybe there's one out there that allows rollback or something that we are not aware of.
Pages: 1