JOKER WILD MAFIA (GAME OVER)

This is a semi-closed setup for Mafia with a Joker role

In this mafia game, there is a single player whose role is "Joker". This player wins only when killed by being lynched. If the Joker wins, the game is instantly over and everyone else loses. Don't take it too seriously, this setup can be chaotic.

We need at least 9 people to play. We could probably do up to 13 players comfortably.

What is Mafia?
In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.
At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.
The game has two phases, the first of which is Day. During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it becomes Night.
During the Night, no one can talk publicly. The Mafia, however, can speak to each other privately to plot strategy and decide who to murder before the next Day begins. In this way, they can silence members of the Town who are threats to them. At the end of the Night, the murder is carried out and another Day begins. In effect, the Town gets to kill someone, and then the Mafia gets to kill someone.
The game alternates between Day and Night until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else (or nothing can prevent the same).

Basic Rules (mostly stolen from Jeroen's old games)

1. VOTING: Voting should look like this:
#Lynch AlaskanEmily or #NoLynch
And if you wish to change your vote, first cancel your first vote like this:
#Cancel
It needs to be bold and with a # in front of it, to make it easier for me to make vote counts.

2. PARTICIPATE: It's not too fun when half of the players are always missing in action and only have a few posts. Try to post a few times during each day phase and contribute to the discussion in some way. This is also very important for the town's survival. If you don't participate, you are at high risk of being modkilled or replaced.

3. DON'T CHEAT: Although it'd be difficult for me to find out, just don't do it anyway. You'd be ruining the fun of the game. And if I DO find out...

4. IF YOU ARE DEAD, STAY DEAD: This game does not involve zombies. If you die, then don't post anymore. This of course doesn't apply if your role specifically allows you to speak while dead.

5. EDIT RULE: NEVER EVER EDIT POSTS. If you think your post has awful grammar, just make a new one to correct it.

6. DO NOT QUOTE PMs: Never quote from a PM I send you. Creating false PMs is also forbidden. You may paraphrase information from PMs, but never literally quote them.

7. DO NOT COMMUNICATE OFF-THREAD:
Don't talk about the game outside the thread, especially to the other players (not counting private game chats, such as scumchat or a masonry of course). I know this would also hard for to find out about, but please don't.

Joker Wild setup
This is a semi-closed setup, meaning that some roles are known publicly and some are hidden when the game begins. There are town-aligned players, mafia-aligned players, and a single Joker who is not aligned to town or mafia.

The town-aligned players win when all mafia players are dead.

The mafia-aligned players win when the number of mafia-aligned players is equal to or greater than the number of town-aligned players. The Joker does not count either way for the mafia win condition.

The Joker wins by being lynched.

Some roles are public knowledge, and will be revealed when the game begins (this post will be edited). There may be more roles which are not known publicly.

Sample town role PM:
You are vanilla town. You win when all mafia are dead.

Sample mafia role PM:
You are vanilla mafia. You win when the number of mafia-aligned players is equal to or greater than the number of town-aligned players.

Joker role PM:
You are the Joker. You are immune to night-kills. You win if you are successfully lynched. You will lose if the game ends in any other way.

The names and effects of three roles are revealed at the start of the game.

Doctor:
You are a Doctor.

Each night, you may target one player to save. That player is protected from being night-killed during that night. You may not target yourself, and you may not target the same player two nights in a row.
You will be told if the player was targeted for a night-kill.

Spy:
You are a Spy.

Each night, you may target one player to watch. At the end of the night, you will be told if that player used a night action.

Alchemist:
You are an Alchemist.

Each night, you can name one living player and one role by name.
If the named player has the role you named, you can choose one player to target with the role's effect as though you had use the ability.
This only works for players that have roles that target other players, and does not prevent the named player's actions.
You may only name each player once during the game.

Players:
1. Dyluck
2. Waka (Vanilla town, lynched D3)
3. Clint (town Private Eye, died N3)
4. Psy
5. Ozzy
6. Odd
7. Shinan (town Doctor, died N2)
8. Liberty
9. EggbertX
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
I will sign up.
Sign me up! It's been a while since I played Mafia
Can I join in this local Mafia game. Lemme get a gun.

I look forward to ending the game on D1
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Interesting caveat. Sign me up. :o
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Sign me up chief.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST POST YET SIGN ME UP OKAY BYE
Wow, that got to the minimum player count quick :o

Let's plan on starting at 12 AM UTC, Nov 27th (that's this coming Saturday).

We can handle more 4-ish players if there are more signups, and if someone wants to just sign up as a backup player that's fine too. As long as they sign up before about the 26th it should be fine.
It's been a while since I did any forum games, sign me up.
It's 22:30 hours left until the game starts! I was busy cooking when it was 24 hours, so welp. I hope everyone is ready to get joked on so wildly!
Dyluck
There's no way we're going to kill each other! Everyone! Let's be friends and work together to defeat the mastermind!

#Lynch AlaskanEmily
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Alright. Dropping out of the game after all. I'm not in the mood for this.
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Alright. Dropping out of the game after all. I'm not in the mood for this.

OK, no worries!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Dyluck
There's no way we're going to kill each other! Everyone! Let's be friends and work together to defeat the mastermind!

#Lynch AlaskanEmily

Ditto

#Lynch AlaskanEmily
The game begins in 40 minutes!

Current vote count:

AlaskanEmily: 2 - Dyluck, OzzyTheOne
The game begins now!

Role PMs are out. The original post has been edited to include the revealed roles.

Day 1 ends in 72 hours.

If more than 50% of players have current, non-canceled votes to lynch the same player, the day will end immediately and that player will be lynched. Otherwise, the player with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched. If the vote ends in a tie, or #nolynch is hammered, no one will be lynched.

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to hammer.
Dyluck
Welp, someone has to die, so might as well be the old people and let the young people live.

Sorry Libs.

#Lynch Liberty