SECRET SANTA SIGN-UPS 2021

It's that time of year again, folks! Time to give to your fellows~

What is this?
Why, it's Secret Santa, of course!

OH MY GOD! WHAT IS SECRET SANTA?!
It's a simple thing, really. Throw your name in the hat and get one in return. You are that person's Secret Santa and must keep the name secret from anyone! Then, before the due date below, you get them a present. On Christmas Eve, you will receive a gift from your own Secret Santa and happy fun times are had by all~

What counts as a present?
We usually like to keep it site-centric so stuff like reviews/media for games, short games that cater to that person's tastes, something for their game (resources/scripts/etc), a piece of fanart or fiction, a cool new avatar, something you think they'd like... that kind of thing. If you have a hard time coming up with ideas, you can ask me as an intermediary to ask them what they'd like.

If you have another idea for a gift, PM me and I'll let you know if it's fine.

So, how do you get in on this action?
Easy! Just give a holler in a comment below before the cut-off date. Simple, eh?

Rules are as follows:
- First rule of Secret Santa club. Don't talk about Secret Santa club.
- Second rule of Secret Santa club. See rule #1.
- In that same comment list a few things that are your interests or that you'd like to get. It could be a review for a particular game of yours, the fact you like legos and spiderman or something of the like.
- The cut-off date for joining is the 5th of December.
- You will have until the 22nd of December to send me via PM the gift for your Secret Santa.
- I will be posting who had whom in this thread on the 26th so don't go spilling the beans before then!

- If you suddenly need to drop out, PM me ASAP, and I'll do some rearrangements. It would be preferable that you don't drop out, though.

- While it is not a requirement to have a game in order to join, it makes things a lot easier on your Secret Santa if you do. In the case that you do not have a game, put some thought into what kinds of things you like when you make your list.

- Please make sure your gift is of a decent quality. Put some thought and/or effort into the gift.

- Please do not include illegal or pirated items in your gift. Especially pirated games. I didn't think it needed to be said, but apparently, it does.

How to submit
- For video submissions, use a free-hosting video site. There's plenty out there - Vimeo, DailyMotion, Googledrive, Twitch and the like.
- Send me the link via PM before the due date.
- For reviews and artsy stuff, send me the text/image/etc via PM before the due date.
- Do not add your reviews, arts or videos to the site until I say so in this topic.

Santas >> Victims

Liberty gave to coelocanth
pianotm gave to OzzyTheOne
Frogge gave to retroexcellent
retroexcellent gave to Mirak
Soulrain gave to El_Waka
bicfarmer gave to Milenin
El_Waka gave to kory_toombs
Delsin7 gave to fomar0153
kiyasu gave to pianotm
oldpat gave to Liberty
kory_toombs gave to Delsin7
fomar0153 gave to Zakariya
Fflo gave to Marrend
KrimsonKatt gave to jewelswithwings
Zakariya gave to KrimsonKatt
jewelswithwings gave to bicfarmer
Marrend gave to Frogge
OzzyTheOne gave to Muffle
Miremira gave to Oldpat
Muffle gave to Miremira
Milenin gave to Soulrain
Mirak gave to kiyasu
coelocanth gave to fflo

Any questions, feel free to ask~

Helpers:
Marrend
aquatorrent
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
On the one hand, I would complain that this is something Christmas-related the day before Thanksgiving in the US. >:|

On the other hand, last year was a lot of fun and I'm feeling like a jolly Mrs. Claws... er, Claus this year. In other words, I'm quite game! I'm uncertain if Marrend liked my gifted text LP or not, but I am my own worst critic. It's the thought that counts, no?

Would Love:
- Art of one of my three MCs from my games (references here); drawing, short fiction, whatever
- Text or video LP for one of my games, especially if done in a fun way (in-character as one of your OCs, with a sense of humor or style of narration, etc)

Would Like:
- A short game; I feel it's a bit much, but if you're brave enough...
- Worst case scenario, here's my Steam wishlist

Pls Don't:
- Resources for one of my games
- Like seriously
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Let's find out what Piano Claus has in his sleigh THIS year! HO HO HO!!!

You could give me a piece of fanart, a short game, a review, an LP...

As an emergency measure, here is my Steam Wishlist

I agree with Rachel. Please, no resources for a game.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I won’t have christmas card to work on anymore by the time this starts and I’m feeling very festive this year, so hell yeah, sign me up!

Edit: As usual I forgot to include a wishlist, go me!

I honestly have no idea what I want, but I'm all for campy, cheesy, over the top Christmas stuff. If you make me like a 5-10 minute game with all the cliches of a hallmark channel Christmas movie or something I will probably love you forever, but honestly I'm down for anything that fits the holiday spirit.

Edit: Putting this here so that when I refer to this post while coming up with a wishlist next year I remember to include “a short horror game”
I'd like to join this, good inspiration to make something fun.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm thinking of standing on the side as a helper this year instead of being a full-blown Santa? I dunno, maybe I'm just tired at the moment. Well, if I happen to change my mind before the deadline for sign-ups, I'll make another post.
Sure, why not. I'll throw my hat in the ring this year.

Things I like: Rhythm games, platform games, modern RPGs, blue bird, and making games, of course. As for something I'd like to receive... I don't really care. I'd prefer a short game, but if you can't do a short game, some resources for my game (currently Fight for Life: Director's Cut, being made in MZ) or a review of one of my featured games would also be appreciated.
Sign me up!

Things I would like:

I like art stuff, be it pixel or hand-drawn or digital or anything. As long as it comes from you I'll be happy. I don't have a good character from my games so I'll just link a few of my OCs down this post. I'm happy with anything that you may come up with, really! Not necessarily art. As long as it's done with thought and not just get it over with I'll love it (If you really just want to get it over with, go for the steam gift route, I love new gams. Here's my steam wishlist)

Things I don't like:

I'm sorry, but I don't want any reviews of my games. Or anything related to my games really lol. Besides, I don't really have any games to show off so...

Characters for the Art route:

Breeze

Sanaa

Jackie

Stickman

Woo! It basically starts after classes finish so I can dedicate at least 5 hours to it!

I'm fine with pretty much anything really; fangame, parody game, review of game, fanart, 50 hours of custom music, etc.
been joining the last couple years, why not this one.
ill take anything except reviews
I can join as a helper. I can only do reviews though.
This sounds interesting! I'm joining in :)

Here are some things I would love:
- artwork of my mascot character, a spirit whose name is "Reeruro";

More samples of Reeruro can be found at www.kiyasugreen.com/portfolio
- physical Christmas card mailed to my address by postal delivery;
- a game with me or my characters inserted in it;
- a fan game of or for me;
- custom music, video, avatar, or anything else made for me;
- new Steam friends (link), YouTube subscribers (link), itch.io followers (link), and/or Twitch.tv followers (link);
- Steam review of this game my friend and I released on Steam on November 8th: Star Shift Origins;
- there is also an rpgmaker.net game page for Star Shift Origins (any reviews, subscribing, adding to playlists, leaving comments, submitting fan art, etc., are desired, but for the review part, I prefer the Steam review over the rpgmaker.net review... or even better: both!);
- Steam gift purchases of games (I have nothing on my wish list, so surprise me!);
- and pretty much anything else, I guess, as long as it's well-intentioned, of course. :) Feel free to surprise me!
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
Here we go aghein! I (en)join!

As for what I'd love to receive uhm...
Play my gams! Review em if you can or just leave your impressions! (Mostly for either Karma Flow or The Lady Puppet).

Or fanart, fanart, FANART! <3

Or anything coming from your kokoro, really!
AtiyaTheSeeker
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Things that are okay for me to get:

Reviews
Videos
Art

I will likely do a 30 min - 2 hour let's play video using OBS Studio, so pairing me with someone who wants art might be strange. Depending on how long that takes me, I might be able to be a back up Santa as well.

Sign me up please.

I love getting reviews, fan art, let's plays.

I love making scripts, so if you would like a custom script then please include some details!

I'm happy to double up as a helper, 22nd is school holidays so would have the time.
AtiyaTheSeeker
(Another baleet. Sorry, that's like three times total this thread. :x)
Fflo
Be careful ! I'm French
Giving it a try.

I won't be picky for what I'd like to have. Anything goes.
But I'd like to be surprised!
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
I'm sorry. I can't do this after all. I've been in a terrible frame of mind since September, try as I might and fail as I always do, to deal with it. I don't want a gift, and I cannot provide one.

Aww, so sorry to hear that. :'( *hugs*

author=Fomar0153
Sign me up please.

I love getting reviews, fan art, let's plays.

I love making scripts, so if you would like a custom script then please include some details!

I'm happy to double up as a helper, 22nd is school holidays so would have the time.

Hi Fomar!! So happy to see you here! Hope you still remember me. So grateful we could connect last time <3
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
Hey! I'm actually joining this year! Haven't done one of these since way back in 2018. Can't wait! Here are some good suggestions for gifts for me.

I would love:
-A review of Meteo Chronicles and/or Lost Chronicles
-Fanart of Meteo Chronicles characters. Maybe something crossover related? IDK.

I would like:
-Art of Pyra from Xenoblade 2. Like me turning into her for example (smash bros design)
-Something from my Steam Wishlist. Link can be found here: https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/id/KrimsonKatt/

I would NOT LIKE
-Assets of any sort
-Reviews of my older games (anything pre-Meteo Chronicles and Crypt Challenge EX)