SECRET SANTA SIGN-UPS 2021

KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
author=Soulrain
I'm extremely sorry that you didn't get a gift. Is there something that I can do?

Yes, there is actually. Do you have any skill in art or music? Because I would absolutely love art of one or all of the main playable characters from Meteo Chronicles, or one of two songs. (or both) The first is a piano version of a song I previously vocalized. I want it to be the main theme of a future game I'm making. Here is the video. (there will be cringe) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-br-uD8m6M=

The other song is an original song that sounds extremely similar to this song right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd7iDAVoP2s&t=365s Keeping the original 33 seconds of this song mostly intact is incredibly important as it helps set the theme of this tense final battle. I can't use the original song because it's a remix of a song from Dragon Ball and Toei is super authoritarian with their copyright. (they recently destroyed an entire 1M+ sub YouTube channel by copyright striking every video of his that included dragon ball anywhere in it.)

Edit: Or you could buy me SMT5 for switch lol but that will never happen.

Edit 2: Or even more insanely $200 Nintendo eShop credit so I can buy every SMT game + Bravely Default on the 3DS eShop before the store closes for good. Both are incredibly unrealistic though, but these presents would certainly put this Christmas from a 1/10 to a 6/10 - 9/10, easily.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
D'you want my kidney? :eyes:
author=KrimsonKatt
author=Soulrain
I'm extremely sorry that you didn't get a gift. Is there something that I can do?
Yes, there is actually. Do you have any skill in art or music? Because I would absolutely love art of one or all of the main playable characters from Meteo Chronicles, or one of two songs. (or both) The first is a piano version of a song I previously vocalized. I want it to be the main theme of a future game I'm making. Here is the video. (there will be cringe) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-br-uD8m6M=
I might can do some quick doodles for you. But I'm not sure if it's really possible within the week as I'm flooded with stuff at this time. Actually, was planning to fulfill more people's Secret Santa wish lists, but turned out to be busier and more distracted than I had initially thought. Hope to get to it in early January at the least and will post all the extra Santa presents here when that happens :)

- Kiyasu
Like I said, there is one present waiting on someone else. If it takes too long, I will handle it, but for now, please be patient. There's no need for anyone to step in to do anything for Krimson yet, don't worry. Timezones are finicky things, is all.

Also, in future, Krimson, if there's an issue PM me instead of bringing it up like this. It's the polite thing to do in the case of a missing present, as others did too.
Thank you Santa! I love love love it! owo Here is mine for everyone else to see! It's Swadloon (my pokesona/online persona) and Skinkers (my blue tongue skink who I fucking looove), it's sooo cute! And she's eating soup which I think is a knock off joke of my current profile picture in discord and the gartic phone game where we had a prompt about "Muffle feeding Skinkers soup". I'll probably be using it as my new PFP for a while, the little BLEM and heart and Swadloon smiling is just so adorable and the art is cute!

Personally I don't recognize the artstyle, but I assume it's someone that is on discord cuz I can't imagine a forumer knowing about Skinkers and the soup thing. I wanna say Frogge cuz he acted funny when I showed it on discord, or Retro because Libby acted funny when I mentioned them on discord. Otherwise I don't know, trying to pinpoint all the artists in the discord was harder than I thought, and it's not OldPat or Piano's artstyle. Could be delsin? I've heard they draw but I don't know their artstyle.

wow, I got a cute image for my ultimate RPG. I imagine you'd have to have played it to come up with the picture, so thanks for playing too! Would it be ok to use it as the new title image for the game as well?

Merry christmas! hope yall got some good stuff
I got two really awesome reviews; one for the Golden Fish, and one for Cthonic Crypt. The reviews are genuinely a pleasure to read, detailed, constructive, and very generous with the scores. I forgot about all the bugs with the Golden Fish, I really should go back to fix it up but Ace gives me problems these days, maybe I'll replay it and see.

Anyway, thank you Secret Santa!

I feel a bit guilty, my gift only took a few minutes to sort, but the person had made it clear they didn't want anything that my skillset covered.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I professed my thankfulness in an edit of an earlier post but I guess I'm gonna make a proper post instead. Whoever my Secret Santa is, thank you very much! I really really appreciate what you did! :D

My only guess so far is that it might be Piano because he's the only one here I know for sure that does music, but it could be anyone really. Thanks a bunch and I hope you liked your own Secret Santa gift! ^_^
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
RMN borked and double posted.
You know what? I don't think it's Frogge's or Retro. It doesn't look like Frogge's art style and I think Retro does pixel art rather than digital art. I don't really know then, must be someone I haven't really seen their art much OwO well whoever it is, it's beautiful and I love it <3
My Secret Santa did a review of Icecream Island War, which was my second? game made in SRPG Studio. The mapping shows lol. The review was fair and notes it is basically RTP assets, which was because there was a gammak event time limit and adding custom battlers to the engine takes a ton of time. I think the only script/plugin stuff I used besides to make the chips-glasses conversion event even manageable was the final boss having the only aoe attack in the game. Thank you to the Secret Santa!
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
I give thanks to my Secret Santa for the gift they have provided me. I hope they too have received a great gift this year.
Fflo
Be careful ! I'm French
Took a look on what my Santa did to me: a horror game where I'm the main protagonist.

Horror games are not my cup of tea (too wimpy to play these!) but at least I was given something polished.
The guy/girl clearly played at my previous RPG Maker games and took inspiration from them:
  • Florian's Eyes (2020) for the interior mapping and my personality
  • A cat in Ghost Town (2020) for the mirror which takes you to a parallel universe!

But I think I've found an eventing error which blocks me when following the walkthrough:
When I get the mop in the bathroom, I can't use it on the bathtub: without the mop, I say I don't want to put my arm in the water to pull the plug ; with it, there's too much water to plug. Looks like I missed something.
The list is out! Find it in the OP~

You can now add your presents to the site!
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Marrend! Makes sense now that I know it was you, thanks again!

Fflo, that’s so incredibly sick. I gotta add “a horror game starring me” to my wishlist from now on!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
So it WAS Piano! Thank you very much for the music! :D
I knew it!!!!! It's Mirak!!!!!!!! <---excessive exclamation marks XD
Thank you soo much for the present :D I showed it to the lead developer and linked to it in the stream chat the other day on our Psychronic Games Saturday YouTube stream, and it was also cool to see your page displayed in the video. :D We talked about your page on the stream chat. <3

I was about to go buy everyone who posted a Steam wish list link a random game as my Extra Santa Presents and wasn't expecting Liberty to announce the results so soon... oops XD Well, I guess I can still do that :P

I would probably buy pianotm two games though... I mean, I totally, like, you know, revealed my identity in my presents XD;;;;;;;

*tries to convince herself there's always next year XD

EDIT: I just tried to make the first Steam purchase for pianotm, already wrote my gift note on Steam, but get a message that, due to regional price differences, I cannot buy him those games. :'( I'm going to assume it's probably almost the same for most others? (Or maybe it depends on which games you buy?) I'm paying in TWD (New Taiwan Dollars) from Taiwan. Looks like the only way to buy people presents here could be to buy "for myself," get a Steam key that way, and then gift the Steam keys manually. If anyone knows how to do that on Steam, that'd help.

I also just noticed it seems you can't gift games to people if they are not on your Steam friends list. (Not an issue here since I have pretty much everyone added already, but just in case, I thought I point it out.)

EDIT #2: Never mind, maybe I'll just do artwork to everyone(?) as a part of my Extra Santa Presents. But I might need some time. Sorry the Steam wish list presents didn't work out as I had planned. :'(
You won't be able to gift people if the price difference is too high iirc. Your safe bet is to buy keys from third party sites or send them steam digital gift cards so that they can buy the game themselves. That's so nice of you though.

And yes, artwork is way easier than gifting steam games too.
author=aquatorrent
You won't be able to gift people if the price difference is too high iirc. Your safe bet is to buy keys from third party sites or send them steam digital gift cards so that they can buy the game themselves. That's so nice of you though.

And yes, artwork is way easier than gifting steam games too.

Thanks for the info! As for the artwork, do you have any preferences of what you'd more likely want to receive? I just looked at your profile and couldn't find any games either, so looks like I might have to do random art XD; A list of something would help. Interesting you happened to be the one who responded to me as I was just thinking about you earlier today, given that your user name starts with "A" and I wanted to do the Extra Santa Gifts in alphabetical order.

EDIT: Wait, why does your name sound so familiar to me?! XD Did you ever submit any guides on Steam before? I swear I've seen your name somewhere before...
I didn't have any preference, but anything cute should do just fine (was thinking of dogs or cats). I didn't join as santa though so you don't have to if you want. I just lurk around since i like to see how the event turns out.

I think we have talked in one of the events before (forgot which one), but i made a few steam guides too.