SECRET SANTA SIGN-UPS 2021

Ah yes, perhaps Starmage's Rave Heart game? That's the game I was thinking about when I wrote the previous post, but didn't want to mention it directly just in case I was so off. Hope I'm spot on with the guess and memory. *doesn't feel like checking the game's Steam guides right now to confirm XD

EDIT: Never mind, my memory is correct: it is you. *O* Already commented on your Steam profile regarding that ^_~ Thanks for the awesome guide!!
Yes, it was me. I'm glad you like the guide.
So Soul was my secret santa! I never expected that, thank you so much! I really liked the game, it was very creative!
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
MIREMIRA!

Thank you so much, I really liked the gift! <3 <3
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm happy to see that you enjoyed the gift, Frogge! I've put it up in my creative writing thread for general perusal.
Turns out I managed to multitask and get some doodles accidentally done. So I started with the first batch of people, alphabetically. Though, after this, I realized this does take up quite some time and I'm not sure whether I'm in the best position to be doing the rest of the artwork at this time of my life. T_T A lot of things I need to tend to at this time, so... perhaps next year I'll be more prepared? Anyway... here are my Extra Santa Presents:

For aquatorrent:

For bicfarmer:

For coelocanth:

For Delsin7:

For El_Waka:

And sorry I might not be "able" to do the rest of the Extra Santa Presents, as it is around 20 more people left, which looks like it'll really consume time this year. T__T But I hope to be more "available" next year!

Also, before I forget, here is the Secret Santa present I submitted for my recipient: https://rpgmaker.net/users/kiyasu/locker/Kiyasu_Oka_RMN_2021_Secret_Santa.pdf (Like I said, I totally revealed my identity XD)
Marrend
Hey, kiyasu, the thought has occurred to me that, maybe, you might like something in return for your extra gifts?
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Glad you liked it Kiyasu! Was hoping to do a version of the css for itch but I havent figured out the kinks of that site yet.

Also thanks Retro, seems I was wrong with my guess.
author=Marrend
Hey, kiyasu, the thought has occurred to me that, maybe, you might like something in return for your extra gifts?

Oh wow, that would be great! And yeah, extra gifts in return definitely helps me. Thanks for bringing this up!

author=Mirak
Glad you liked it Kiyasu! Was hoping to do a version of the css for itch but I havent figured out the kinks of that site yet.

Awww, thank you so much! The lead developer and I actually briefly talked about potentially having you do the CSS for our next game, Star Shift Rebellion, which has an orange and brown theme. I think I might reuse part of your Origins CSS on the RMN game page for the main Star Shift game, actually! (That RMN page is so outdated, by the way :P) But for Rebellion, it has a different theme from the other two games and seems unfitting to reuse your Origins CSS on it.
Thank you so much Kiyasu! I love that stickman!
Thanks a lot for the extra gift, kiyasu! That cat looks so cute.
author=El_WaKa
So Soul was my secret santa! I never expected that, thank you so much! I really liked the game, it was very creative!

Thanks! And I hope you liked that extra gift I got you as well.
(Feel free to use the WaKa sprites I made in your own games too, if you wish.)

As for my gift, thank you so much for the review, Milenin. Feedback is extremely important to me, as it helps me decide what to do next. So it means a lot. The extra assets will come in handy too!
author=El_WaKa
Thank you so much Kiyasu! I love that stickman!
author=aquatorrent
You're welcome :D So happy to hear that!! ^^

Also, I have an idea for the Extra Santa Gifts: everyone (including AtiyaTheSeeker and the two helpers) who participated in this year's Secret Santa can get a free Steam key for Star Shift Origins. (Especially since I couldn't buy people's wish list games!!) So anyone who wants to at least try the game for a bit, feel free to ask me for a key as an Extra Santa Gift :D

Leaving a review is preferred (even if just one or two short sentences, or if a negative review, even!), but not required of course!! The only thing I ask is that if you're getting a key from me, you at least tried the game instead of leaving it hanging in your Steam library in never-played state :P

EDIT: Star Shift Origins has an average playtime of 4 hours or 5 hours. Even if you just play for only 10 minutes and never play the game again, that's enough :) Its RMN page is at https://rpgmaker.net/games/12285/
Aww, thanks kiyasu! It's very cute and stylish!
Marrend
Well, I already purchased Star Shift Origins via Steam in preparation for a return gift for your generosity, kiyasu. I hope to be playing it soon, and leaving a review, but, things are still a little crazy at the moment!
author=Delsin7
Aww, thanks kiyasu! It's very cute and stylish!

You're welcome!! I also submitted the picture to your RMN game page through the "Add Media" link, and marked it as "Fan Art." It is still pending approval though. I'm also going to leave a review for your game as an Extra Santa Present, since I did complete your game multiple times with possibly all endings. :D

author=aquatorrent

I've also already submitted coelocanth's and bicfarmer's pictures as "Fan Art" into their RMN game pages too. Yours is a picture of a random cat, so it doesn't apply anywhere on RMN, and I'm not sure about El_WaKa's Stickman. :P But I've already asked Waka myself via Discord private message, and awaiting a reply XD Oh yeah, about Starmage's Rave Heart game, I did also submit my Ellemine picture through the "Add Media" link for his game. :D Again, all my submissions are currently pending approval.

author=Marrend
Well, I already purchased Star Shift Origins via Steam in preparation for a return gift for your generosity, kiyasu. I hope to be playing it soon, and leaving a review, but, things are still a little crazy at the moment!

Oh yes, I saw it in my Steam Friend Activity feed and thank you so much!! I told the lead developer about it :D I look forward to your review when you get around to it. Also if you can resubmit your Steam review into the RMN game page review, I'd like that :D
Marrend
author=kiyasu
Also if you can resubmit your Steam review into the RMN game page review, I'd like that :D

The gamepage for Star Shift Origins doesn't have a "main download" associated with it, so the "Add Review" button is grayed out/disabled. Given that the game exists on Steam as a commercial product, having a link to the Steam page in the description is the most appropriate action in my view.

Technically speaking, using an external URL would not violate our submission rules concerning commercial game hosting. However, I just cannot, in good conscience, advise attaching an RMN download to a Steam page.

Either way, I can certainly still make a post there! *thumbs up*
author=Marrend
author=kiyasu
Also if you can resubmit your Steam review into the RMN game page review, I'd like that :D
The gamepage for Star Shift Origins doesn't have a "main download" associated with it, so the "Add Review" button is grayed out/disabled. Given that the game exists on Steam as a commercial product, having a link to the Steam page in the description is the most appropriate action in my view.

Technically speaking, using an external URL would not violate our submission rules concerning commercial game hosting. However, I just cannot, in good conscience, advise attaching an RMN download to a Steam page.

Either way, I can certainly still make a post there! *thumbs up*

Thanks for bringing this up! I remember seeing Rave Heart ( https://rpgmaker.net/games/10335/ ) have a download that links to its Steam page, so that's what we just did for Star Shift Origins as well. Hope that's OK.

EDIT: Noticed that another game I'm involved in heavily as a proofreader/editor, called Placebo Love, also did the same thing: https://rpgmaker.net/games/11902/
We actually have a rule that if you have a commercial game, you can't use the default download button to link to it - that should only be to free games. That said, a small free to play demo, with a link in the summary to the commercial game is definitely allowed.
author=kiyasu
I've also already submitted coelocanth's and bicfarmer's pictures as "Fan Art" into their RMN game pages too. Yours is a picture of a random cat, so it doesn't apply anywhere on RMN, and I'm not sure about El_WaKa's Stickman. :P But I've already asked Waka myself via Discord private message, and awaiting a reply XD Oh yeah, about Starmage's Rave Heart game, I did also submit my Ellemine picture through the "Add Media" link for his game. :D Again, all my submissions are currently pending approval.
it's okay, i can put mine in my profile page :)
anyway, that's a lot of submission! you did get a lot of work done in such a short time.

as for your other offer, i think i have to decline for now. i'm suck at strategy games so i'm afraid i won't be able to enjoy and review it appropriately. thanks again for the extra gifts though.
maybe i can give a review for other games you are involved in, if you are okay with that?