[RMVX ACE] ADDING SKILLS TO A CHARACTER.

Pages: 1
Are certain skills only for certain weapons? I have a character that has AXE as a weapon. The Skill (Double Attack)is set to become available at L10. It does not activate at L10.
I tried adding that skill in the Features section and that didn't work either and
if it did wouldn't that make it active at the beginning of game?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Double Attack is a skill that is loaded into the database when making a new project. If you made no modifications to it, the "Skill Type" box should read "None". This means the skill does not fall into any skill category, and would therefore be inaccessible to player-controlled characters. Unless some kind of scripting is going on in the background I'm not aware of.

Technically speaking, the "Attack" and "Guard" skills also fall into the "None" category, but, they are hard-coded to be called when performing the "Attack" and "Guard" action, respectively.

Anyway, probably the easiest way to resolve this, given the screencap, is to click on Double Attack's "Skill Type" drop-down, and select "Special".
author=Marrend
Double Attack is a skill that is loaded into the database when making a new project. If you made no modifications to it, the "Skill Type" box should read "None". This means the skill does not fall into any skill category, and would therefore be inaccessible to player-controlled characters. Unless some kind of scripting is going on in the background I'm not aware of.

Technically speaking, the "Attack" and "Guard" skills also fall into the "None" category, but, they are hard-coded to be called when performing the "Attack" and "Guard" action, respectively.

Anyway, probably the easiest way to resolve this, given the screencap, is to click on Double Attack's "Skill Type" drop-down, and select "Special".

You are(of course) correct, again. I also noticed there is a section to require a certain weapon or not, although, I wouldn't give 1000 Arrows to a spear wielder.
Thank you as always.
Pages: 1