[RM2K3] TRIPLE TRIAD IN RPG MAKER 2003

Pages: 1
I've decided to program FF8's Triple Triad. This will be a Christmas present for my friends and I also plan to post it here.

I was originally introduced to the card game via a fan recreation in an RPG Maker game. That version only featured the base game (no field bonuses, no special rules) and hid the AI's hand. I enjoyed that version. Should I make the AI's hand visible though; is that what makes Triple Triad Triple Triad?

The core mechanics are already done. All that's left is adding the cards and creating a deck construction screen.
Viewing the AI's hand could be optional, it wasn't an essential part of it in Final Fantasy 8.

I think the rule which made it visible "Open", was only naturally present in Balamb and Timber, the first two regions in the game (I could be wrong about this, I'm just relying off my memory, rules could be passed on or taken away from regions), but anyway, having cards visible isn't crucial to the game.
Excited for it. I've been playing through FF8 and am really engrossed into Triple Triad. I don't think having them visible would be too big of a loss, but it's up to you really.
Sounds tricky, sounds like loops, pictures, labels, conditional branches, and possibly variables are involved. I dunno how to do but good luck, and major talented if you can get it working correctly. How long do you envision getting it done?
Pages: 1