[RMMV] MAKING BATTLER'S DISAPPEAR

Pages: 1
I have looked high and low for this answer. I know it exists, but I can't seem to find it. I am using Yanfly Battle Core and I'd like the sideview battler to disappear after stepping forward. The reason being, I am hoping to use animations that contain the battler to create fun and exciting attacks that exceed the 3 frames allowed on the battler sheets.
Here's how it would look:
Battler steps forward and disappears
Animation plays
Battler reappears and steps back.

By extension, I'd like this to happen with the animated sideview enemies too, but one thing at a time.

Is there something I'm missing in the battle core?
The animation itself has a "hide target" option among the flash/sound timing stuff. Would that help? Maybe if it's an animation played on the battler you're trying to hide.

With action sequence pack 1 (YEP_X_ActSeqPack1.js), you can play animations at arbritrary times during the skill execution using the ANIMATION command.

You'll need action sequence pack 2 (YEP_X_ActSeqPack2.js), then you can use the OPACITY command to turn a target transparent.

pack 3 is mostly camera effects.
Appreciate the response! I'm going to try this out and get back to you.

Appreciate the help. I've been trying to experiment with different options to make this look better.
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
Use yanfly action sequences. It has a feature that allows you to make the battlers transparent, as well as a whole bunch of other useful features and effects. Heck, you probably won't even need larger sprite sheets and pictures to accomplish cool stuff with action sequences. You can just do everything you want to do with the action sequences and built-in eventing.
Good call. I definitely need to play around more with the Yanfly plugin library. I feel like with bigger and higher quality battlers, some of the action sequences may look silly. However, I did locate a script that allows more frames per movement instead of the default 3. This could accomplish what I'm looking for as well.
Pages: 1