2022 MISAO NOMINATION MONTHLY DATA

Pages: first prev 12 last
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
September numbers are up! The total nomination count is 89 which is an increase of 53 nominations from last month! This more than doubles the count from August.

Relative to last year, the total count as of September was 68 nominations less, with the increase of nominations being 15 nominations greater. How will October fair? Only time will tell.
Marrend
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition Misao monthly data to be on time!

So, yeah, maybe it's a liiiiiittle early this month. Either way, we've climbed nomination count by 4, reaching a total of 93!

*Edit: November and December were both really big months last year. Will they be again this year? We shall see!
Marrend
This month's Misao update is sponsored by the fact that I've recovered from a power outage about an hour ago. Plus, my internet has tended to be slow today in general. Thus, I want to get this data into the thread while I have the time, and opportunity, to do so.

So! With that out of the way, the total number of nominations rise by 23, to a grand total of 121! By comparison, last year, the number of nominations totaled 273, with a rise of 94 nominations from November of 2021.

Last year, the biggest increases of nominations were in December, November, and March. This year,it's looking like September, November, and August. December is just around the corner, though, so, we'll see that's the month that gets the numbers.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Whoa, It's cool to see Marrend keeping this active with barely any reactions. I probably will go through all notable games tomorrow, but I wouldn't mind some more specific recommendations for games. So, what's the hotness around here these days?
Marrend
The only games I can personally recommend from this year would be Zorga's Sweet Middleground 5 and Red_Nova's Prayer of the Faithless. The other games listed on here were taken from the New and Notible section of the site. Saying that, I kinda find it interesting that my notes only have four games this month, but, it's not over yet!

Though, you should play/nominate Isle of Dread and Summoner's Soul as a show of support for the devs. XD
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Isle of Dread has a favourable review from Addict, so I might (if I get around to play games).
And I think I would feel confident nominating Nova's magnum opus in several categories even without playing it.
This'll be my first time seeing how the Misao works :P
I've also only been able to nominate a few that I knew from offsite, or was applicable from just looking at the page/title.
Marrend
December numbers are up! This month saw a surge of 188 nominations, bringing the annual total to 309! Last year, the overall total was 419, making this year be only 110 nominations less. Which doesn't seem too bad, considering how the year started? If nominations were open in Febuary this year, the gap would likely be even less, but, it is what it is.

As far as I'm aware, voting is to be done off-site this year as well. Stay tuned for information regarding that!
Marrend
I'll put this announcement in the OP, but, voting is to be done on-site this year, and using this thread as a poll for the winner of the kentona Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Commercial Excellence, specifically.
Pages: first prev 12 last